Corsair Community

Will it hurt anything to glue a magnet on the back of lighting node pros?

NadeMagnet

I'd like to know that, too. I just built a system with a commander pro, RGB hub and a lighting node core. Cablemanagement was difficult to plan, because I couldn't try out where to put all the iCue devices as I didn't want to use up all the tapes.

Didn't get an answer here but Piratedog on ebay, the really helpful guy who's making all those non corsair item adapter cables, said he uses magnets glued on without any problem. I glued a magnet on each of my LNP and I can confirm it hasn't done anything bad.

depends on magnet intensity, the distance from anything else in the case it might effect. Keep it away from HD's SSD's NVMEs or any magnetic media. Ideally away from any conductors at least by a few inches. Its proportional to 1/(r^2) falloff so even short distances, at low energy should be ok.

It won't hurt anything.

I use small magnets for my CoPros, NoPros, and Fan Hubs - usually 2 of them (1 on each side). A touch of crazy glue on the magnet, then affix it to the bottom of the device. Works like a charm. I started with flexible sticky magnetic tape but it didn't work as well.

Just keep anything with a magnet away from any spindle drives that you may have. Nothing else in the system will really be harmed by a magnet.