Corsair Community

NEW Keyboard keeps "Freezing"

ckhayat

Same problem with my k95 Platinum. The original keyboard bought from Amazon worked for a few weeks then freezing started. Exchanged with corsair. The second worked for a week and same issue started. Then I updated firmware in the keyboard and it worked until a week ago. Now I'm out of warranty and have one key not working. Since I'm not the only one with this problem and Corsair has done absolutely nothing to fix it, when it comes to admitting the problem Corsair sucks ***!

Now I have a worthless piece of crap that costed $175. Not only that corsair is doing absolutely nothing about this issue, it also not selling (or does not want to sell) any spare parts for the most expensive keyboard they carry. Bravo Corsair, great way to **** your own customers!

• 2 months later...

got the same issue lately, got my keyboard 2 days ago and no issues at all, played like... 14 or 20 hours maybe, BUT... since i tweaked the rgb software from the DIMMS and the motherboard the keyboard freezes at an hour of gaming or less, even on windows it still freezes, i'll try uninstalling aura and ballistix mod to see if that solves the problem, maybe uninstalling icue and hard resetting the firmware could make this piece of trash rise from the gelid circle of hell if someone doesn't have any extra rgb please reply me to see if that couyld not be the solution.

hope you guys find the real fix or corsair could fix this strange thing... it's a very expensive piece of junk

ok, contacting corsair support they gave me a solution, i've been playin' hardcore for like 18-20 hours a day since monday without any issue so i guess most of you could be related to this fix... here it goes:

Uninstall the software is definitely not the solution. Thank you for troubleshooting for us, as we were able to find the resolve for your issue. We recommend a clean install of iCUE. Export any profiles you wish to save before doing so.

To uninstall iCUE:

1. Open Control Panel on your computer.

2. Select Programs and Features.

3. Select Corsair Utility Engine in the list of programs, then select Uninstall.

Once you’ve uninstalled iCUE, you need to remove some files so a clean reinstallation can be done:

1. Press Windows Key + R to open the Run command.

2. Type %appdata%, then click OK.

3. Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.

4. Re-open the Run command and type %localappdata%.

5. Delete any Corsair folders that appear.

6. Press Windows Key + R to open the Run command.

7. Type Regedit in the Run Window, then click OK.

8. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine and delete the folder.

9. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine and delete the folder.

10. Restart your computer.

11. Download a new iCUE installer file from Corsair.com.

12. Reinstall iCUE.

I am having identical issues with the K63 Wired.

Refund it and get a different brand, as corsair are the only manufacturer which requires third party software (ICUE) to run.

You'd have thought that paying >$150 for a peripheral that it would work without issues.

• 4 weeks later...

So it seems today i actually fixed my corsair K95P freezing issue, first off you should check to see if any drivers in your device manager have failed, because mine had. it was my "Serial IO"

and i've managed to be stable for about an hour now after i fixed those issues.

my issue was that one of my front panel USB hubs was not in properly to my motherboard header. or my ATC 800 CPU Cooler was not in properly (as it controls its RGB functionality through my AORUS mobo through a USB port on my motherboard header).

once i re-seated them to the motherboard by unplugging and reconnecting my driver issues went away, so i done a fresh install of windows 10 and started reinstalling all my drivers again from my motherboard manufactures and my external hardware manufacturers.

I really hope this has fixed my issue i will be over the moon as i only picked this keyboard up from corsair on Amazon's warehouse stock, as USED-ACCEPTABLE for £80 and ive been trying to find a fix for 4 days.

I would also like to thank the corsairs support team David Tercero (Corsair) for sending me a firmware image and how to manually HARD RESET my device.

IF anything changes i will update here, to let you know if i freeze again, hope i don't though. good night

Edited by llcor3ll
spell check

One thing I would suggest is making sure the keyboard is plugged into the USBs connected directly to the motherboard on the back of the computer. Corsair's keyboards requires full power over USB and often times cases with front USB headers lose their ability to carry the full power to the USB ports. Other options would be using a powered USB hub.

All that being said, if you call Corsair's support team and they walk you through a few things that don't work, defects happen. Corsair generally has a great RMA system and every K95 I have ever returned they have given me a brand new keyboard still in the shrink wrap.

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to say i received my RMA, the replacement has been on for 8 hours now, with no freezing. i must have just been one of the unlucky ones to have bought a faulty one. i wouldn't worry about this happening to you, because corsairs customer service are very helpful and if you open a ticket they will guide you through the process of getting yours working.

Relieved and happy.

Corsair did not mess around, (united kingdom)

A+++++

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just received my K95 Platinum XT yesterday and had the same problem within an hour. Tried messing around with it today just to have it happen over and over again, but mine is just with the lighting not working. All of the keys still work, fortunately. Guess I will return and get a new one to see what happens. What a mess.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I don't remember who, but someone advised me to go to iCUE and go to the settings of the keyboard, then decrease the "polling rate". I had my k95 platinum's polling rate set at 1000hz/ms, and I changed it to 500hz/2ms, and the keyboard no longer freezes! Hope this helps, I was really frustrated with this problem as well.

• 4 weeks later...
Believe it or not, I seem to have fixed my issue by flashing the XT firmware, as per: https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1060189#post1060189

:bigeyes:

Still working perfectly, by the way. Not a single freeze under XT Firmware since this comment.

Corsair sent me a non-XT firmware - flashed it and froze within 15-20 minutes, and continued to do so. Immediately went back to the XT firmware and have been trouble-free since.

• 4 weeks later...

I have tried everything and still no answer. This is ridiculous. Why won't Corsair help us? The keyboard is literally broken and it's happening with my Scimitar as well (the stuttering). Man, people said Corsair was bad, but I honestly had no idea just HOW bad....

Wish I never bought this stupid keyboard and mouse......

Corsair help us!!!