Corsair Community

Corsair VOID Pro USB Mic not working with iCue

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only other audio software I have on my machine is Audacity, which I have used with my headset for over 2 years now with no issues until this week. I have followed the settings you linked, and all of them are set up exactly as described in your post. Yes this issue persists both when the iCUE software is open and is exited out of.

I have the same issue now.

Slightly long post:

My Corsiar Void wireless is 1st gen (don't remember when I bought them, must be 2 or 3 years ago) they're also capable of 7.1 surround. I also have a K70 RGB keyboard and I did have a Sabre RGB mouse.

I *was* running the old CUE software without any issue with those products.

So my Sabre mouse had reached the end of it life, the coating on the outside was not good so I thought time for a change. I picked up a M55 RGB Pro, my logic was I already have CUE it'll be a simple job of plug and play.

Nope.

The old CUE software didn't recognise the mouse (even after PC restart) which was annoying. The instructions for the mouse (yeah, I read instructions) said download iCUE. I thought, yeah why not, I need to map the side buttons on the mouse so gotta do it.

Downloaded the current version and it removed my old version of CUE. All my Corsair products were recognised - it even prompted me to download firmware for my keyboard.

Everything seemed ok, but (because I had issues with my Void and Discord in the past) I decided to check. Behold, my mic wasn't working. I checked it with Skype and Teams (both I use for work) and same there. Mic wasn't working.

I searched and found various "fixes" on this forum. Tried the soft reset of the headset, rolled back the version of iCUE to 161 (that's the version I currently have installed). I seem to finally get it working after about 20 minutes of fudging about. But every time I restart my PC the Mic stops working.

Like most on here, when booting up the PC I get the "Mic off" message and feedback on/off message. But when using the headset button for mute I only get the feedback on/off message. The boom mic has a solid red led.

I've checked all settings on my PC but can't find any setting to unmute the mic (all settings say the mic is working properly).

If I quit out of iCUE everything works ok - I could work without iCUE, sure, but the OCD in me hates the fact my keyboard is stuck on the "out of the box" red LED (white led for WASD and directional keys) the mouse and headset have different strobing LEDs - nothing is coordinated and it bugs me (lol).

I don't have any other audio software installed and all Corsair products have the up to date firmware installed.

I love my Void headset, I really do, but this is trying my patience!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

First of all sry for my low english level.

I have void pro RGB Wireless for 1.5 year.

It's ICUE 3.35.152 now (november 17) and i still have my mic muted in every possible position of it (fliped down, standing). The only thing i hear about it is "mic off" lady's voice every time i use it.

I've tried all of the things listed below:

1) delete ICUE and use previous verisons of it (3.33/3.34);

2) update audio drivers;

3) update windows;

4) check for allowing to use micro from windows control panel;

5) use headset without ICUE;

6) reboot it with mute button;

7) use headset in safe mode with drivers;

8) i have used troublesolving windows settings even;

9) i've tried to uninstall nvidia driver (it contains audio one) + delete ICUE and reinstall it in the same order;

Nothing helped. The worst thing here is that i don't really remember when it all started. I don't have so much friends to talk everyday and i haven't used my mic in several weeks for sure.

Pls help me. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

So, after some time i think we can continue our discussion.

First of all, thank u for previous advices. Second, after todays software upgrade (from 3.35 to 3.36) i found that my mic finally turns on if i tilt it a little bit down (smth about 20 degrees down). If i move it right down to the bottom its still locked.

Some new advices?

• 7 months later...
I made an account to just announce that iCue is complete trash. I have done absolutely everything in this thread, and it is STILL not working. The mic will not unmute while the red LED remains permanently on if the boom is up or down. Everything was fine. The Headset worked perfectly and one day it just didn't because of trash ICUE. I just spent 2 hours rebooting 100 times, uninstalling, updating latest versions, NOTHING IS WORKING. This problem was addressed months and months ago. "Update the latest version! It's fixed!" Yeah well it isn't fixed. Your software sucks and you, Corsair, YOU broke your own products that were working JUST FINE. Blows my mind. My Void Pro is now garbage.

• Corsair Employee
I made an account to just announce that iCue is complete trash. I have done absolutely everything in this thread, and it is STILL not working. The mic will not unmute while the red LED remains permanently on if the boom is up or down. Everything was fine. The Headset worked perfectly and one day it just didn't because of trash ICUE. I just spent 2 hours rebooting 100 times, uninstalling, updating latest versions, NOTHING IS WORKING. This problem was addressed months and months ago. "Update the latest version! It's fixed!" Yeah well it isn't fixed. Your software sucks and you, Corsair, YOU broke your own products that were working JUST FINE. Blows my mind. My Void Pro is now garbage.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue, Odin11. Please open a ticket at https://help.corsair.com, our support will look into this and help provide a solution.

• 5 months later...
On 7/4/2021 at 7:44 PM, Odin11 said:

Same here. Created an account just to echo that Corsair has broken their own product and has not addressed the problem. I now have to buy another headset because my Corsair Void Pro Wireless will not unmute. The iCue software is trash. I will shy everyone I know away from buying Corsair headsets from here on out.