Corsair Community

Lighting node pro not detected by commander pro

wiliestseven51

Hi all,

My Lightning node pro not detected when plugged into commander pro usb 2 port (tried both ports)

I've just purchased a commander pro so can i easily control the speed of my 6 LL120 RGB fans.

So this was my previous layout (https://imgur.com/YlY1kSw). With the installation of the commander pro, all i've done is use the commader pro usb pass through (no spare usb 2 headers on mobo), so the current layout is like this (https://imgur.com/6HI30b6). In this set up no rgb detects, the fans spin but no rgb. There's no option to select a lighting node pro in the lighting set up for the commander pro. If i plug the fan hub and rgb strips directly into the commander pro led slots all the rgb works fine. I would rather have the fan hub and strips plugged into the lighting node pro because i have to do some nasty cable runs otherwise. Have i made a set up error or can i not have the lighting node pro plugged into via passthrough?

What I've found is I needed to run a USB 2.0 internal hub. The Commander Pro's USB hub doesn't play well when connected directly to the internal ASMedia 2.0 headers (which MSI and other manufactures like using). I run 2 x Commander Pros off a similar board as this from MODDYI which is small and easily tucked away at the rear of the case and have my AX1200i's USB connected to a Commander Pro USB port without issue. You can also find similar hubs to what I linked on eBay which is where I got mine from originally. Others (including myself) have used the NZXT internal hub with success but it is quite a bit larger (and more expensive).

• 2 weeks later...
So I've bought that exact hub you linked and its still not working. Plugged the hub into the mobo 2.0 header and then the Commander Pro into the hub. Commander pro is detected all the connected fans work fine but the pass through is still not working for the lightning node pro. Any suggestions?

I need the LNP purely because I'll have to do a horrible cable run to use the commander pro led channels. I realise that sounds like a stupid reason but it really messes with my ocd.

The LNP was originally plugged into mobo (also works in hub) but now the Commander Pro is fighting for that usb 2 header, and I have no more spare, hence the need for the passthough.

I also plugged in my H100i RGB usb 2 plug into the Commander Pro pass through and that didn't work. Has my Commander Pro got dodgy passthroughs? All I want is to be able to plug the LNP usb 2 into the Commander Pro usb 2 passthrough.

Nah, I understand the reasoning. Had to ask.

So ... hmmm ... it could be a dodgy CoPro but let's do a couple of things first.

First - make sure that it's on there straight. Double check that all the pins are going into the correct slots. It's super-easy to get these off on the CoPro and not even notice it. I'm speaking from bitter experience here.

Second - make sure that your motherboard chipset drivers are up to date. Get them from MSI.

Third - check your BIOS. Make sure that XHCI handoff is enabled and disable Windows Fast Startup (https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup).

You can also use a standard mini USB to USB-A cable an put it into the rear I/O ... see if that works. Probably not a permanent solution for someone with OCD though.

DevBiker/wiliestseven51, it appears that the latest version of ICUE (3.23.66) is playing up with my Commander Pro's internal USB ports. The CoPro's are cabled via an internal USB hub similar to what wiliestseven51 linked to a motherboard USB 2.0 header. I'd never noticed the problem I describe below using earlier versions of ICUE. I haven't rolled back to absolutely confirm this as I can't be bothered to redo my profiles.

I used to have my AX1200i PSU connected to a CoPro's hub port and it worked fine. Using the latest version, the PSU communication would freeze up (AX1200i monitoring graphs would end up static whilst all other devices continue to report correctly) 5 to 10 minutes after I booted into Windows. Moving the PSU dongle's USB cable between the any of my CoPro's (I have 2 x CoPro's installed) ports results in the same behaviour. Plugging the PSU's USB connection to a motherboard USB 2.0 header resolves the problem (luckily, I have a spare port as my case doesn't have USB 2.0 front panel ports).

Edited by BlaiseP