Corsair Community

Latest Update Broke Corsair Link App

lpcrierie

So the latest Update to the Corsair Link broke my app. Not only does my profile refuse to load both automatically and manually anymore, but I get a blank app screen, as seen in the picture. The only temporary fix to this is to reboot the system, but it breaks again after I wake from sleep or run a full-screen application.

This is version 4.9.5.25 for the H100i series, on Windows 10.

https://imgur.com/a/RmpwV

First, before starting again, can you check to see if the H100i is enabled (see #1 on the Link FAQ linked in my signature).

Second, are you running any other system tools? HWInfo? HWMonitor? AIDA? EVGA Precision XOC?

Finally ... it's extremely helpful if you fill out your system details.

So the latest Update to the Corsair Link broke my app. Not only does my profile refuse to load both automatically and manually anymore, but I get a blank app screen, as seen in the picture. The only temporary fix to this is to reboot the system, but it breaks again after I wake from sleep or run a full-screen application.

Stop the service. Reopen the app. No need to reboot. Somebody posted a script to help.

Please ... fill out your system info.

Next ... what antivirus are you running? Can you try disabling the antivirus, at least temporarily?

It looked like you were running Avast. There have been several reported issues with Avast Free Edition (specifically) and its firewall blocking the communication between the Link Service and the Link UI. I'm not entirely certain if just disabling was enough (as opposed to uninstalling) and, since I've not used it, I don't know what the options are for controlling the firewall functionality.

Here's the thing ... and where I think your issue currently is. The Link Service actually communicates with the devices. The Link UI communicates with the Link Service and the Service pushes sensor readings, etc. to the Link UI via SignalR. This requires an open TCP/IP channel between the two. Now, this channel is local-only; you cannot connect to it from outside your computer (so only via localhost) but some firewalls will block it anyway. When this happens, you get nothing at all in the Link UI.

Also, who is the manufacturer of those NVidia cards? Are they EVGA cards and are you running Precision XOC? I know that this was asked before but I don't recall an answer. Precision XOC also causes issues with Link as it attempts to take over the RGB function on the coolers.

Stopping the app via task manager and reopening it does not resolve the issue. The only thing that seems to temporarily solve it, is rebooting the computer.

I don't use Precision XOC or any other GPU program. Also, nothing is overclocked.

With all do respect, I don't think Avast is the issue here. I've had Avast for years and I've never had a problem until the latest Corsair Link update was installed.

Also it should be noted that I am using just the free version of Avast, which has the Firewall disabled.

Stopping the app via task manager and reopening it does not resolve the issue. The only thing that seems to temporarily solve it, is rebooting the computer.

I don't use Precision XOC or any other GPU program. Also, nothing is overclocked.

With all do respect, I don't think Avast is the issue here. I've had Avast for years and I've never had a problem until the latest Corsair Link update was installed.

Also it should be noted that I am using just the free version of Avast, which has the Firewall disabled.

And we've had 4 or 5 users since the start of the new year that have had issues resolved by uninstalling Avast and very specifically the free edition. Yeah, it's not supposed to have a firewall. But something that it does prevents this communication link from working.

Right, well then I guess I'm keeping Avast because it's the least intrusive anti-virus program at the moment and I refuse to get another one or run my system without it.

It seems that I will have to not use Corsair Link anymore, at least until the problem resolves itself, if by chance it does.

Thanks for the help anyway.

its a bloody LINK problem

after update LINK played up and eventually stopped working...removed Corsair Utility Engine and Link worked again

enabled my motherboard RGB via BIOS and LINK worked but didnt display my 115i correctly then it stopped working......disabled RGB in BIOS and it works again

perhaps Corsair can contact AVAST and see if they can figure it out

its a bloody LINK problem

after update LINK played up and eventually stopped working...removed Corsair Utility Engine and Link worked again

enabled my motherboard RGB via BIOS and LINK worked but didnt display my 115i correctly then it stopped working......disabled RGB in BIOS and it works again

perhaps Corsair can contact AVAST and see if they can figure it out

You said you disabled RGB? What does that mean? The LEDs?

I agree with will_s. I'm convinced it's a Link problem as well. An Avast update didn't break it, a Link update did.

You can be as convinced as you want to be ... this problem has been seen before multiple times.

Avast is blocking the communication between the Link Service and the Link UI. It shouldn't do this. Uninstall Avast and the communication works again.

Avast is preventing Link from functioning correctly. It is falsely blocking an application from communicating locally.

After fooling around with it some more, I have found that Corsair Link will start working as it should again, after manually restarting the Corsair Link Service in Task Manager.

So we now know it will work with Avast on my system has it had before. It just won't continue to work after my system has been waken from Sleep Mode.

And guess what I did after finding this? I uninstalled Avast, restarted my system, put it to sleep, waited a few minutes, woke it up, and the issue persists.

It is not Avast, at least not for me.

After fooling around with it some more, I have found that Corsair Link will start working as it should again, after manually restarting the Corsair Link Service in Task Manager.

So we now know it will work with Avast on my system has it had before. It just won't continue to work after my system has been waken from Sleep Mode.

And guess what I did after finding this? I uninstalled Avast, restarted my system, put it to sleep, waited a few minutes, woke it up, and the issue persists.

It is not Avast, at least not for me.

That's right. It's the service itself. Somebody wrote a script to restart the service after wake. I hope Corsair is paying attention to this.

You said you disabled RGB? What does that mean? The LEDs?

the hero mobo has a few in the BIOS for ROG effects... I enabled them all ie, RGB LED lighting and ROG effectrs which include onboard LED's which change colours

now why would this effect LINK ? I have no idea and I know Corsair has no idea either

You can be as convinced as you want to be ... this problem has been seen before multiple times.

Avast is blocking the communication between the Link Service and the Link UI. It shouldn't do this. Uninstall Avast and the communication works again.

Avast is preventing Link from functioning correctly. It is falsely blocking an application from communicating locally.

It's happening even without Avast installed. It's a problem with the service itself, somewhere, and if the service is manually stopped and the app is restarted, it works fine.

Just recently upgraded mobo, cpu and ram. Hooked up the h100i, my mobo is a Asus z370e and my computer isn’t recognizing the cooler. Fans are plugged into cpu fan, pump is now plugged in lot the usb 2.0 on the mobo. Everything seems to be working but I have no control over it. If I plug the pump into aio pump the light on the pump turns on and off and I hear a click within the pump. I didn’t like that so I used the usb2 on the bottom of the mobo which turns the pump on but the light isn’t bright at all.

Downloaded Corsair link and I have no controls, it doesn’t even show the pump or fan. I went to device manager and it doesn’t even see the cooler in any slot I use.

In bios it says I have no fan speed N/a * and when I had aio pump plugged in it says N/a. I have no luck with anything I read. Also nervous about deleting the anti virus. I’m not really sure how to delete it anyways when I go to add and remove it won’t let me.

Archived