Corsair Community

Yellow exclamation mark

robert3892

In Windows 10 pro in the system tray the Corsair Utility Engine has a yellow exclamation mark. If I choose the Corsair Utility Engine icon and then choose check for updates I get a popup window that says "The Corsair Utility Engine has detected an error during software update check". I have installed and reinstalled the Corsair software about 5 times now and the error remains.

Do you have a wirless VOID headset? The yellow exclamation mark usually appears when you have the VOID dongle connected bu the headset is off. It gives you a visual indication of the headset status basically. This way you know if the headset shutdown automatically after X minutes for example (and that's why you can't hear any sound).

CUE 1 did the same thing, but the tray icon tooltip had also a little text about it. I do agree with you that the exclamation mark alone can be a bit confusing if nothing is mentioned in the tooltip.

• 1 month later...

Im running win 7 x64.

before we moved to 2.4.66 the update button worked fine. after the move cue 2.4.66 it doesnt work anymore.

says same as what it says on roberts machine. "

The Corsair utility engine has detected an error during the software udate check"

i disabled the firewall. my machine hangs straight on the net. no nat or anything inbetween.

it was in cue 2.4.66 the same. so i figured it was a bug that everyone would have and it would be fixed in the next update... but it still is.

so what can this be ?

Im running win 7 x64.

before we moved to 2.4.66 the update button worked fine. after the move cue 2.4.66 it doesnt work anymore.

says same as what it says on roberts machine. "

The Corsair utility engine has detected an error during the software udate check"

i disabled the firewall. my machine hangs straight on the net. no nat or anything inbetween.

it was in cue 2.4.66 the same. so i figured it was a bug that everyone would have and it would be fixed in the next update... but it still is.

so what can this be ?

The update function is not actived yet for CUE2.

• 1 year later...

Archived