Corsair Community

CUE removing profile folders.

Hello!

First, I understand this is a known bug. Hopefully my logs files will help kill this bug.

Randomly on start of the PC, or maybe just CUE, CUE will completely remove all the folders that were set up to keep my profiles in order. It's easy to tell it happened because instead of my all white RGB profile for my K95RGB Platinum, MM800, and Glaive, set for startup, I now have red glowing McCree from my once foldered Overwatch profiles. Once again, they and all other profiles are sitting open in a random list that is cluttered and impossible to deal with. I'm on the latest CUE version 2.13.80 on Windows 7 64-bit. And I only use Advanced Mode.

It is a giant frustration to have to waste time reordering and re-foldering everything again and again. I just want to start my PC, have the top profile always start with Windows and not have to worry about it. CUE has also wiped my entire profile catalog causing me to have to import EVERYTHING again and set up any extra custom keys, lighting, DPI, etc like it's the first time. I noticed the last time it deleted all of my profiles, that they were still where they're supposed to be on the PC, but CUE apparently couldn't "see" them anymore. I know about backing up the profiles folder, even though I shouldn't have to.

Just my opinion but, this is a "game-breaker" A-level bug. Until it's squashed, why not program CUE to silently auto-backup/restore the profile folder for when corruption occurs?

Here is my logs folder from the point where it has most recently wiped my folders.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s5pkijqgvslbqyx/AACdc43x-lMnYOXEHd1aVf6Ga?dl=0

Logs1.zip= When the problem happened. This was after a fresh system boot.

Logs2.zip= Logs files since then, no new problems.

It is a giant frustration to have to waste time reordering and re-foldering everything again and again.
I have the same problem. In the meantime (until this bug get fixed) you can backup your profiles folder manually, so you don't need to re-create every folder every time you start your PC. You can find the profiles folder here: %appdata%/Corsair/CUE/profiles

Thanks for the logs. We were able to reproduce the bug internally and currently working on a fix. I'm not sure if we can implement by 2.15 but are trying our best to do so.

Thank You! Kudos to the programmers who work hard to make CUE (and LINK) compatible with so many systems and hardware configurations!

Archived