Corsair Community

New Software and Firmware Available Now

Yellowbeard

We are aware that some owners of international K70 RGB and K95 RGB keyboards have experienced issues after updating Firmware (turned-off LEDs and unresponsive keys). This issue does NOT affect those with North America, Chinese, or Taiwan layouts (keyboards with 104 keys) but does unfortunately affect some of the EU layouts such as UK, DE, FR, etc (keyboards with 105 and 106 keys). Not all users were affected, but resolving this (and some other related issues) has been our utmost priority.

We have been working with our internal teams and some forum users to fix the problem. We are happy to announce that we now have a new software and firmware update available. Please download the latest version of the software here at

http://www.corsair.com/downloads (direct link: http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/Gaming-Keyboards/Corsair-Utility-Engine-v1.1.56.zip) and also update your firmware within the software to 1.13.

We also recommend you read the attached README. In this release the LED issue with international layouts will be resolved, as will be a number of other issues (some reported here and some discovered through internal testing), to improve the user experience.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and after the new Firmware 1.13 is out

DONT USE IT

it will make it possible to choose german Layout and it will make it possible to Light the two Keys (at least on the K95) but the "<" will not have anny Lighting effekts possible on press and wont work anylonger....

and the # will not be pressable OR activate any Lighteffekt..

so if you are a Programmer or need somtimes the "<# " just get ready that you can not use your 200€ keyboard anylonger...

http://i.imgur.com/RV56Ta3.png

reassigne the button via software is although not possible since the german layout is not possible to choos and assigning any other button wont work either http://i.imgur.com/MuQP5hZ.png

and after the new Firmware 1.13 is out

DONT USE IT

it will make it possible to choose german Layout and it will make it possible to Light the two Keys (at least on the K95) but the "<" will not have anny Lighting effekts possible on press and wont work anylonger....

and the # will not be pressable OR activate any Lighteffekt..

so if you are a Programmer or need somtimes the "<# " just get ready that you can not use your 200€ keyboard anylonger...

http://i.imgur.com/RV56Ta3.png

reassigne the button via software is although not possible since the german layout is not possible to choos and assigning any other button wont work either http://i.imgur.com/MuQP5hZ.png

I updated to 1.13 and I can select the German layout and use it just fine.

That update did not solve my problem, wich is the light dissappearing when i start corsair software.

and when i exit the software the light comes back. but none of the effects work.

Aswell as a big problem while steam is active.

after i started steam yesterday, my keyboard havent worked like it should even after several restarts and uninstalls of software.

Hope you fix this really fast.

When you start the software, you need to assign a color to the key that has no LED lighting.

As for the Steam problem, can you share the logs so we can see what is causing the issue?

I just purchased the K95 via Amazon and received it a few days ago and have used it for a few hours. Today I applied the firmware update which made the entire keyboard unusable. Not even the BIOS mode works, so I temporarily (hope so) switched to my old keyboard.

The 3 LEDs just keep on blinking, that's about all it does. Not a single key is lit up or works in any way. I've tried switching USB ports (both 2.0 and 3.0) and re-installing the K95 drivers, yet no success.

The weird thing is, if I have the keyboard connected the Corsair Utility Engine doesn't give a warning it cannot find the keyboard so the CUE must find it somehow...

Anything I can do about this? I fear the firmware upgrade just bricked the new keyboard.

The steam issue is a serious one that we know about and are working on.

Please read the documents that came with software 1.1.56 to reset the issues with keys that don't light. After the update, the key could be unlit simply because the default lighting setup didn't assign it a light (if the lighting is assigned to the group ALL, and the key is not included in ALL, it will not light)

• Corsair Employee
I just purchased the K95 via Amazon and received it a few days ago and have used it for a few hours. Today I applied the firmware update which made the entire keyboard unusable. Not even the BIOS mode works, so I temporarily (hope so) switched to my old keyboard.

The 3 LEDs just keep on blinking, that's about all it does. Not a single key is lit up or works in any way. I've tried switching USB ports (both 2.0 and 3.0) and re-installing the K95 drivers, yet no success.

The weird thing is, if I have the keyboard connected the Corsair Utility Engine doesn't give a warning it cannot find the keyboard so the CUE must find it somehow...

Anything I can do about this? I fear the firmware upgrade just bricked the new keyboard.

Hi Lefke, contact our Tech Support department on Monday and they can help you reset the keyboard. The flashing LED indicates a firmware issue with the keyboard but it is not something that is irrecoverable. Their number is 1-888-222-4346.

al lest everything works now better i can get evrything like i want it except that the lighting effekts wont work without the software.. Is it not possible to store the effekts inside the Keyboard?

Then there are the annoying crashes of the software.. but thats bugfixing.. and assigning keys to the G-Keys could made more simple but then again finaly it does work like intendet.... thx but there is a lot of work to to.. please continou to remove bugs.-.-

Archived