The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-26-2018, 12:56 PM

POST ID # = 987018
Higram Reputation: 10

I tried only using the "Modify>Repair" option, macros now work.
Presumably this is temporary, seeing this thread.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:34 AM

POST ID # = 992854
Fned Reputation: 10

IT'S 2019 AND I STILL HAVE TO RANDOMLY REPAIR, REMOVE, REINSTALL, AND PRAY TO DARK POWERS EVERY OTHER WEEK OR SO TO GET MACRO EXECUTION TO NOT BE BROKEN.

I have noticed it seems to be worse just after a Windows update, but after I manage to fix it it will often break again 1-3 times over as many days AFTER the Windows update. It's correlated but not causal.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:24 AM

POST ID # = 993011

By way of for instance, I had to do a repair install three times in a row just now to be able to use the thumb button as anything other than a DPI switch. That's after doing the same thing yesterday, and the day before, and the day before that...
Old 02-07-2019, 07:41 PM

POST ID # = 993093

Fourth day in a row
Old 02-08-2019, 09:27 AM

POST ID # = 993175

Last night I downloaded the latest version of iCUE from the Corsair website and completely removed the old version and replaced it w 3.12.118

Today macros won't work. No visible error in iCUE software.

After first repair install, iCUE software now has an error indicating that macro execution isn't working properly and I need to do another repair installation
Old 02-13-2019, 03:37 AM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 994002
Corsair Calico Jack Reputation: 10

Hi everyone,

Wow, lot's of problems here. Sorry for having to wait for a response.

You guys who are getting it to work by turning off your AV may be better off setting up the iCUE.exe file in the Corsair folder to run as an Admin. It shouldn't need to be specified, but the AV may be blocking the controls.

Also for you people having issues that are fixed by turning off Fast Boot, try instead turning off "Start on System Startup" in iCUE's settings. It does basically the same thing and you can keep Fast Boot.

For the rest of you having issues, I would suggest a clean reinstall of iCUE as sometime's it's straight driver corruption:
1. Search for Corsair in File Explorer and delete the Corsair folder.
2. Open RegEdit and delete the Corsair folder in HKey Local Machine and HKey Local User.
3. Restart the PC
4. Reinstall iCUE.

If none of those correct the issue, post again and we'll see if we can look deeper.

**Edit** Windows update probably breaks the USB driver occasionally depending on how much they wanna play with it. Modern software FTW
Old 02-14-2019, 05:30 AM

POST ID # = 994176

I'll try wiping the reg keys and clean installing. I've been doing the repair-reboot-repair-repair-now-it-works dance every day since my last post, anything is worth trying at this point.

What's really annoying is I had this problem before but then it magically disappeared for months. I'd hoped it was gone for good...

Thanks for the response
Old 02-23-2019, 04:29 PM

POST ID # = 995376
mimicrywhymimi Reputation: 10

I solved the problem for me on Windows 7.

I could not use my macro keys on my K95 Platinum and only got the "Macro extension" Error. When checking the device manager the "Corsair Bus" driver could not be verified.

By installing the Windows Security Update KB3033929 ("Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64") and rebooting my system the driver has now been istalled correctly.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:58 AM

POST ID # = 995435
Ferenir Reputation: 10

(using iCUE with a Dark Core RGB SE)

Same problem as Fned here. Except the reboot-repair dance doesn't always work, so I'm basically re-installing iCUE after every reboot of my system.

Tried the suggested steps from Calico Jack, but didn't help at all.
Worked around the issue by just using hardware profiles and only starting the software if I want to change something there, but that's obviously not the preferred functionality.

Additionally I also have the issue with the Dark Core in Bluetooth mode. The Hardware profiles there seem to also stop working after a reboot, which I can fix by removing the bluetooth mouse and re-connecting it again in Windows.

Interestingly all of this only happens on one of my systems, the other PC works just fine with iCUE and the very same mouse.

Both systems are running on Win10.
So apparently there is something installed on the one of them that breaks iCUE.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:56 PM

POST ID # = 996770
TheBloodyAwful Reputation: 10
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimicrywhymimi View Post
I solved the problem for me on Windows 7.

I could not use my macro keys on my K95 Platinum and only got the "Macro extension" Error. When checking the device manager the "Corsair Bus" driver could not be verified.

By installing the Windows Security Update KB3033929 ("Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64") and rebooting my system the driver has now been istalled correctly.
Just registered to leave a big Thank You! This security update solved the problem for me. No reinstall of iCUE required :)
Old 03-08-2019, 05:20 AM

POST ID # = 996853
abrokenheart Reputation: 10

march 2019 and corsair macro /remap still not working after reboot on the pc.

Corsair, am i suppose to repair the god damn thing every time for it to work and you are not gotta do anything about it ?
Old 03-14-2019, 07:30 PM

POST ID # = 997763
RealAntithesis Reputation: 10

Macros and remaps also stopped working for me a couple of weeks ago on my K95 RGB after I had to create a new Windows (10) user profile after it screwed up updating to build 1809. From that point on, macros and remaps didn't work, even after reinstalling.

As per the previous post, the Corsair driver had an alert icon on it in Device Manager saying that no driver was installed. Today, I 'repaired' the install and remaps now started working. I'll find out later if it continues to work after a reboot...
Old 04-30-2019, 07:58 PM

POST ID # = 1003144
The-M-Factor Reputation: 10
Default Fixed mine

All i had to do was close icue then run it as administrator
Old 07-19-2019, 09:20 AM

POST ID # = 1011787
cconroy1 Reputation: 10
Default Solution

Took some messing around, but I managed to get it to work.

For the sake of safety I did a number of things, as such, I recommend doing them all.

>Make sure icue and your mouse is up to date
>Completely close the program (right click icon in bottom right and click quit)
>Repair program installation
>Make sure your mouse, if wireless, is plugged in. It has to actually 'upload' the macros.

This is how I got it to work. Best of luck.
Old 08-01-2019, 02:33 PM
Dragomitch's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1013385
Dragomitch Reputation: 10

Hey There !

So As someone stated since the start of this thread, this is a problem of permissions.
But for me, launching it as Administrator directly from right-click didn't work ... Which is odd because my solution do basicly the same thing.

I managed to resolve the issue by going inside the installation folder and doing 2 things :

For "iCUE.exe" and "iCUE Launcher.exe" we have to put them as launching as administrator ( well it differs for all windowses ... That how to do on W10 : Right Click > Properties > Compatibility > Modify parameters for all users > Execute this program as Admin )
- Just to make sure it doesn't shift permissions after it have been launched, I also put iCUE.exe Security parameters as of full control to all users. ( Properties > Security > choose Users on top, Modify > Check all autorisations )

That solved it for me :) ! The only downside is the Admin Rights prompt as soon as you launch Windows ;) !

I hope i helped many of you there.

Tags
icue, macros, remapping