Corsair Community

1000d PCI extension cable

jrwininger

Hi buddy,,

I used the Corsair version my self.. but it is known to have issues on some z390 boards..

Thanks for the info. I'm looking at the Thermaltake premium 300mm (which looks like the Corsair version). Has anyone used it (or something similar) with a Z390 motherboard? I have an Asus XI Code Z390.

I think we know the Corsair (original) version is not a good fit for your board. I also think it has been removed and a 2nd version is coming soon. Can't say on the TT version. Best thing to do is comb through user reviews to find out if someone is successfully using it for your board. I can add the Lian Li version did not work with my Formula XI and I suspect your Code XI would be exactly the same. The Phanteks one does run 3x16 without dropping power like so many others.

Looks like the Phanteks riser may work with z390 boards. It’s 220 mm in length. Is that long enough for the 1000d case?

Yes that will fit dude.. i used a 200mm Coolermaster riser originally. as seen in the above pictures i posted....

Good day all,

I just purchased a Obsidian 1000D case and I would like to know if anyone ever used a dual graphic cards in SLI config with PCIe extensions?

Right now, both my GPUs are connected directly on my MB and when looking at the current distance between my GPUs when connected with the SLI Bridge, I don't think it is possible to rotate them and connect them with the SLI bridge in the small place provided inside the case to secure (screw) the 2 GPUs.

I'm not sure I could rotate only one GPU and keep the main one on the MB? With the GPU fans and heat sinks, I think the physical space just won't allow it! And my SLI bridge does not bend too! LoL!

I'm asking these questions because I plan to move to water cooling at some point and with the nice Corsair GPU water cooled heat sinks, I would really love to see at least one of my GPU facing the glass to be able to see the nice RGB and the liquid flow...

Any help would be much appreciated!

Edited by Jeff721

Hi bud.. yet to see anyone mount 2 GPUs Vert in the 1000d.. don't think you have the room for it on the Vert PCI mount

That's what I thought too... I think it is physically possible to mount 2 GPUs on the vertical mount but I think the GPU closer to the MB may get stuck in some of the MB components.

I may try to go with one horizontal and one vertical but I'm not too sure if a SLI bridge that will allow me to do this kind of configuration does exist?!?

Hi buddy,,

I used the Corsair version my self.. but it is known to have issues on some z390 boards..

nice looking Riser!

http://i.imgur.com/s4CpqCnl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wm36bHFl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/l49bMdJl.jpg

Vs the rest

http://i.imgur.com/kmJzxh8l.jpg

For heavier cards, should some sort of support bracket be installed?

Hi bud.. yet to see anyone mount 2 GPUs Vert in the 1000d.. don't think you have the room for it on the Vert PCI mount

I was toying with the idea of doing 2 vert mounts. I think it can be done so long as you only have 1 system in the 1000D. For the 2nd GPU, you would vert mount it with the 2 slots that were meant for the 2nd system that is further out. Since the Corsair PCI-E extender is super long, I'm thinking that it should be able to reach the 2nd card.

The 2 cards would be staggered instead of exactly aligned, but I think it would look pretty cool.

I'm only about 20% that I'll actually go dual GPU (maybe when the next GPU comes out, I'll keep my current one and go dual), but if I did that's how I would probably do it.

you can do that but means you need to remove the cover for the itx IO. meaning you have an IO sized hole at the back of your case.. GPU would hide it.. mostly

Ooh, good point, I didn't think about that.

Took a quick look just now and it looks like there is only a small area where the ITX cover overlaps the card slots. Nothing structural there (e.g. screw holes).

I imagine that this would be addressable by cutting a small square out of that bracket.

I might see later if that bracket is available as a spare part - may buy one to experiment with. If I can successfully mod one, it would be worth keeping that modded part around just in case... and if I fail to mod one - then I know not to bother with that in the future! ha ha

I might see later if that bracket is available as a spare part - may buy one to experiment with.

they do... you could.. lol...

UK Store

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Cases/Obsidian-1000D-ITX-Motherboard-SFX-PSU-Cover-Plate/p/CC-8900168

US Store

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Cases/Obsidian-1000D-ITX-Motherboard-SFX-PSU-Cover-Plate/p/CC-8900168

Good luck man.. and update us with progress :)..

What's the length on your GPU? After all this, I'm not sure the FTW3 will fit...it may be too long for a vertical mount.

According to Gigabyte it's 290mm long. The FTW3 is 302mm, so it's a half an inch longer which isn't much, so they're fairly comparable on that. If you can trust Amazon at all, the weight of the Aorus is 3.1lbs while the FTW3 is 5lbs.

Like Zotty said, when they're mounted vertically you have a hell of a lot more support than you'd think just due to how the slots work and cantilever the cards weight into the whole case frame. The cards are also far stiffer length-wise than when they're laying down in traditional horizontal orientation. While the PCI slot is a helper, the sheer length and width of a video card in horizontal position is gonna make it sag (obviously) - but that's physically much harder to do when they're bracketed vertically.

Could the entire 1000d deform over time with the weight? I suppose it's possible, but I doubt it. That thing is sturdy.

Edited by Zone55555