Corsair Community

iCUE detects firmware upgrade H150i PRO

Krokarn

My son has a H150i and this works supernice, today a firmware update came and we tried to upgrade, did not work so the H150i disapears from iCUE.

Cant see H150i in Device Manager at all.

Shut down PC and switched off button om PSU, tapped on the start button and after switched on button on PSU and then started PC:

After that, H150i shows up in iCUE again but we see it is a firmware update.

We do not tried to upgrade if it going to lost H150i from iCUE again.

What is the problem? Bad firmware or something else?

I am afraid that may be an unknown. There is always some risk that things will go wrong when updating firmware on a device. We rarely get "firmware update notes" from Corsair anymore, so the change is a mystery. If no one is saying, it seems highly unlikely to be critical. I did take the update and there was a brief moment of concern as the pump spiked to some abnormally high 4000+ rpm, but it only last a second or two.

There was a prior issue with mouse firmware a few weeks back. Seems unlikely the actual files were all problematic so multiple devices, so that might suggest the install method was the issue. Perhaps not just mice. I would leave it alone until more information is available.

I am afraid that may be an unknown. There is always some risk that things will go wrong when updating firmware on a device. We rarely get "firmware update notes" from Corsair anymore, so the change is a mystery. If no one is saying, it seems highly unlikely to be critical. I did take the update and there was a brief moment of concern as the pump spiked to some abnormally high 4000+ rpm, but it only last a second or two.

There was a prior issue with mouse firmware a few weeks back. Seems unlikely the actual files were all problematic so multiple devices, so that might suggest the install method was the issue. Perhaps not just mice. I would leave it alone until more information is available.

I leave it until we get more information.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Any news about this problem, we cant still upgrade firmware to 1.04. When we press "Update" the H150i disapear and a wierd sound comes from the pump. We need to do a Cold reboot to get the H150i to show up in the iCUE again. Still with the old firmware 1.02.

Maybe we need to create a ticket at support?

Still doesn't work? What version of iCUE are you using? The disappear and weird sound (pump maximum) is normal, but the device should then be re-detected seconds later. Yes, go ahead and create a support ticket. I am not sure what else to suggest at this point, but as always I caution against endlessly trying to update the firmware. There is always a small risk you brick the unit when doing a firmware upgrade.

Still doesn't work? What version of iCUE are you using? The disappear and weird sound (pump maximum) is normal, but the device should then be re-detected seconds later. Yes, go ahead and create a support ticket. I am not sure what else to suggest at this point, but as always I caution against endlessly trying to update the firmware. There is always a small risk you brick the unit when doing a firmware upgrade.

We are using the latest version of iCUE(3.10.125).

Archived