Corsair Community

Corsair 680x Lighting Setup Help

pk1209

Hi,

Going to be upgrading from a 460x to a 680x soon as really like the idea of dual compartment for easy upgrading and cable management.

I'll be going from 4 LL120 fans to 8 LL120 fans and need some help with setup.

I have a Commander Pro and I will have 2 lighting node pros - 6 fans will go into the Commander and 2 into my H100 AIO so all good there. RGB will be split across the 2 lighting node pros.

Currently I have one lightning node pro going into 1 RGB channel of the commander and I have a RGB gpu bracket plugged into (via nifty adapter I got on eBay) plugged into the other RGB channel as a lighting strip and it works great.

So my issue is for the new setup I'm down one RGB channel on the Commander... is there a way for me to join the 2 lightning node pros as one channel... ie. Can i plug the RGB header into an empty slot on 1 pro and connect that pro to the Commander?

Thanks!

Are you confusing a Lighting Node Pro with an RGB Fan LED Hub? The Hub connects to the lighting channel on the CoPro, the LNP will connect via USB and has 2 lighting channels (just like the Commander Pro).

Now ... if you have 2 RGB Fan LED Hubs and you want to sync the RGB between them, you can use a Fan Hub splitter - 4 fans on each and they will be identical. If, however, you use the fan hubs on separate channels, they will be separate channels; you won't be able to combine them.

You're right, think i'm talking about the Hub and not the LNP... so many similar looking little black boxes! Is the fan hub splitter an official Corsair product, or aftermarket?

EDIT - so double checked my LL120 3 pack box and actually have: 1 CoPro, 1 LNP and 2 RGB hubs

So... 4 fans in each hub, both connected to the LNP on one channel each. That will leave 2 channels on the CoPro. 6 fans on CoPro and 2 on H100.

Sound about right?

EDIT 2 - Actually... there's already a LNP in the case as well.. so make that 2 LNPs... So yeah, I think I'm covered!

Edited by pk1209