Corsair Community

Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 1.1.32 firmware file

Since there is a bunch of posts and replies of people asking for H100i RGB Pro XT firmware file... I uploaded the one I used to manually upgrade to latest firmware.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7bz9kf3fhtujffb/CUEGxaulj%257Bd666be6f-b520-490c-92cc-8f9e2442d0cc%257D_temp_H100I_Pro_XT_V1.1.32.hex/file

The method to manually flash the firmware is in this video provided by Corsair:

[ame]

[/ame]

If the above fails, try turning off your computer and shutting down the power supply and drain the remaining energy and try again (it didn't work for me after the iCue failed update till I shutdown, turned off PSU and drained all the energy). This caused the H100i to function correctly on older firmware and was able to update right away.

If it still fails, try doing the manual flashing process in Windows 10 Safe mode.

How to boot Windows 10 in Safe Mode:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-ca/sln306359/how-to-boot-to-safe-mode-in-windows-10?lang=en

Magnificent! Thank you very much - this has recovered my H100i RGB Pro XT and made my PC usable again.

It's such a simple procedure once you have the actual firmware file that it's truly frustrating to only be able to get it from Corsair support (who I have not heard back from yet unfortunately). I would have thought that most users of such an AIO cooler are enthusiasts able to apply firmware patches and use the command line tools if necessary (not the case here happily) so please let us be able to download the firmware versions from the Corsair website... Alternatively, make iCUE able to diagnose and solve such issues itself...

Anyway, the steps I followed were:

1. I downloaded the firmware file to somewhere on my disk.

2. I rebooted my machine in Safe Mode (without networking) using the guide posted.

3. I opened a file explorer in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software".

4. I dragged the firmware file on top of program "XmcBootloader.exe" in the iCUE folder.

5. A terminal window appeared and the firmware flashed to the AIO cooler.

6. Immediately profit as the radiator fans spin down from 100% and the AIO RGB lights switch on in a gently rotating multicolour pattern.

7. Reboot the PC and iCUE once again shows the H100i RGB Pro XT as a device and controls the fans as per normal.

I actually found the firmware in C:\Users\your_user_folder\AppData\Local\Temp

It would stay there indefinitely until some program or Windows clears Temp.

It does suck how the iCue software itself will make the AIO go into an error state if upgrading failed. At least for me the firmware wasn't actually corrupted as powering off and releasing all stored power reset the AIO and it booted with original firmware.

I actually found the firmware in C:\Users\your_user_folder\AppData\Local\Temp

It would stay there indefinitely until some program or Windows clears Temp.

Interesting - I scoured everywhere looking for a cached version of the downloaded firmware but it wasn't there. I guess a size of ~45KB means you could just take the payload from an API without needing to write it to disk.

Interesting - I scoured everywhere looking for a cached version of the downloaded firmware but it wasn't there. I guess a size of ~45KB means you could just take the payload from an API without needing to write it to disk.

The logs do not have a URL so you'd have to use something like WireShark and hope there is no authentication and it doesn't use HTTPS to fetch the binary file. Or you might never find out what the URL is.

Since there is a bunch of posts and replies of people asking for H100i RGB Pro XT firmware file... I uploaded the one I used to manually upgrade to latest firmware.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7bz9kf3fhtujffb/CUEGxaulj%257Bd666be6f-b520-490c-92cc-8f9e2442d0cc%257D_temp_H100I_Pro_XT_V1.1.32.hex/file

The method to manually flash the firmware is in this video provided by Corsair:

If the above fails, try turning off your computer and shutting down the power supply and drain the remaining energy and try again (it didn't work for me after the iCue failed update till I shutdown, turned off PSU and drained all the energy). This caused the H100i to function correctly on older firmware and was able to update right away.

If it still fails, try doing the manual flashing process in Windows 10 Safe mode.

How to boot Windows 10 in Safe Mode:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-ca/sln306359/how-to-boot-to-safe-mode-in-windows-10?lang=en

This happened to me earlier today... found this thread online and it has saved me so much time.

Thanks for your work, this world have taken me forever to fix without it.

Much appreciated mate.

This worked for me and I had thought I tried everything!

In late Sept, I built my Dad a nice little supercomputer for his 70th birthday, built on the i9-9900K and among other things, the Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT AIO liquid cooler. Initially it worked like a dream - it was whisper quiet and seemed to just take care of itself.

However, after about a month, it started often ramping up to full speeds randomly - not when under any loads, just randomly. Then for about the last month, one day it just decided it was going to run full-speed 100% of the time, all the time. Yesterday I finally tried to fix it - it had a Firmware update, but the update failed every time.

Today, I started out by trying again - another failure. So I tried again and I was able to update the actual iCue software - but not the firmware. Then when the computer reset from updating iCue, my Cooler no longer showed up in iCue at all! The fans were still blasting at 100% but the RGB light was totally out and the system had no hint of it appearing anywhere... I spent an hour trying to reinstall iCue, Googling and doing other things, I tried everything possible ... but nooooo.

I found this post and initially, I was having trouble getting into Safe Mode, so I tried just doing it outside of Safe Mode. That didn't work. At this point, I'm thinking I'm well and truly screwed - but I tried this following the precise instructions and it worked! A window came out and it showed how it was deleting and rewriting firmware stuff and then, Just like you said, it instantly powered down and the RGB light came on. Rebooted out of safe mode and so far so good!

Thank you very much!

Magnificent! Thank you very much - this has recovered my H100i RGB Pro XT and made my PC usable again.

It's such a simple procedure once you have the actual firmware file that it's truly frustrating to only be able to get it from Corsair support (who I have not heard back from yet unfortunately). I would have thought that most users of such an AIO cooler are enthusiasts able to apply firmware patches and use the command line tools if necessary (not the case here happily) so please let us be able to download the firmware versions from the Corsair website... Alternatively, make iCUE able to diagnose and solve such issues itself...

2. I rebooted my machine in Safe Mode (without networking) using the guide posted.

3. I opened a file explorer in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software".

4. I dragged the firmware file on top of program "XmcBootloader.exe" in the iCUE folder.

6. Immediately profit as the radiator fans spin down from 100% and the AIO RGB lights switch on in a gently rotating multicolour pattern.

7. Reboot the PC and iCUE once again shows the H100i RGB Pro XT as a device and controls the fans as per normal.

Perfect. This is the solution that worked, and certainly very easy to accomplish without having to do anything overly fancy. My fans weren't giving me any issues but the lighting link would not respond no matter what I did and the update kept failing inside the iCue software. The rainbow swirl was driving me nuts when all my other lights were doing something different. As soon as I restarted and logged back into windows, all was right again.

My friend,

I want to thank you because without you I would have run out of a computer. Since I had to update the firmware of the pump manually and I could not find how to solve it

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Ricardo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much. I couldn't figure out what to do to get my H100i RGB PRO XT back and this did the trick!

• 2 months later...

I realize this thread is a few months old. But it also seems to be the best and most clear way to tackle this problem that is still happening.

I bought an H100i XT for my brother’s computer. And I ran into the same problem everyone else does when trying to update the firmware. The update fails. It’s no longer recognized. And the bios throws a CPU fan error upon boot. I have tried to drag the hex file onto the updater both in normal windows, and safe mode. Tried it with Corsair services running and not running. In the command line, the update utility sees the pump, and tries over and over again to connect. And it fails to connect. So now I’m just running the thing off of the motherboard with no USB cable.

I’d like the thing to work properly with the cable in place. Has there been any additional insight on this issue? Could the problem be that the motherboard is just too old? I’m running an Asus Z97-Pro with the last released bios: 3503. It’s clearly not bricked. The pump is running and the fans are spinning. But I don’t think it’s running at its full potential either without the specific controls that ICUE provides.

Edited by Dwarrior

• Corsair Employee
I realize this thread is a few months old. But it also seems to be the best and most clear way to tackle this problem that is still happening.

I bought an H100i XT for my brother’s computer. And I ran into the same problem everyone else does when trying to update the firmware. The update fails. It’s no longer recognized. And the bios throws a CPU fan error upon boot. I have tried to drag the hex file onto the updater both in normal windows, and safe mode. Tried it with Corsair services running and not running. In the command line, the update utility sees the pump, and tries over and over again to connect. And it fails to connect. So now I’m just running the thing off of the motherboard with no USB cable.

I’d like the thing to work properly with the cable in place. Has there been any additional insight on this issue? Could the problem be that the motherboard is just too old? I’m running an Asus Z97-Pro with the last released bios: 3503. It’s clearly not bricked. The pump is running and the fans are spinning. But I don’t think it’s running at its full potential either without the specific controls that ICUE provides.

Sorry to hear that. We can flash the firmware manually. Just create a ticket and we can get the steps and file sent out to you.

• 1 month later...
Sorry to hear that. We can flash the firmware manually. Just create a ticket and we can get the steps and file sent out to you.

Greetings.

Like others, my H100i RGB Pro XT has not been performing Firmware update for months. During this time, although there were many updates to the iCUE software and even a lot of changes were made with the last update, this problem has still not been resolved.

How can you help? Can you tell me what to do step by step?

• 3 weeks later...

installed H100 Pro, Firmwareupgrade failed. Cannot see it anymore in iCue. Reinstalling iCue doesn't help. Powerdrain doesn't help. Full speed fans are bursting my ears. j

Manual Firmwareupgrade impossible because there is no XmcBootloader.exe.

I guess this will be a return the product to the resellerthing :(

• 2 weeks later...

I too am having the same issue when attempting to drag the hex file over to the bootloader and created a support ticket a few days ago. Fan #2 is constantly reading 1800+ RPMs and audibly noisy when in an idle state.

The current version in iCUE 4 is identified as v1.01.32. Brand new build.

Steps I've taken to mitigate the noise level >> created custom curve within iCUE 4, AI Suite 3's Fax Xpert 4, and via BIOS to no avail.