Corsair Community

Corsair SPEC-OMEGA RGB and H100i V2 Cooling on Ryzen 2700x

BryanBlytz

Hey all,

I recently put together a build with the new Corsair SPEC-OMEGA RGB case and the H100i v2 water cooler, I have the cooler mounted in a push configuration on the front of the case with HD120 RGB fans on the back and the stock static pressure ones on the front. The rest of the case has HD120 RGB fans. It seems at idle the 2700x stays around 48-53c and when gaming goes upto 65-75c, this does not seem normal to me at all, I went as far as to replace the stock thermal paste on the H100i v2 with Gelid GC-Extreme. Overall the case is beautiful, but the airflow is quite terrible and is causing concern since I usually have done intel builds and never saw more then 60c on full load. Any ideas?

Full Specs:

AMD Ryzen 2700x

Asus ROG Strix x470-F Gaming

Asus ROG Strix RX 580 8GB OC

GEIL Súper Luce DDR4 3000MHz

Corsair SPEC-OMEGA RGB Mid Tower

Corsair H100i v2 AIO Water Cooler

Corsair HD120 RGB Fans

Corsair K70 LUX RGB Keyboard

Corsair Scimitar PRO RGB Mouse

Pictures:

cpf5MT

etuoao

Links to Pictures:

https://ibb.co/cpf5MT

https://ibb.co/etuoao

What's the temperature of your coolant? And where are you getting the CPU temperature reading from (what software)?

With the H100i V2, you need to have the fan connector set to 100%/Full Power at all times. Is that set?

How are you controlling all of your fans? You have a push/pull configuration - how are you controlling the speed of those fans and how are you providing power to them? The pull fans (the HD fans) don't have quite the airflow of the stock fans and you would want to have push/pull fans pretty closely synchronized. You'd may be better off with one or the other, not both. The HD fans are absolutely fine for use on the radiator.

I ended up swapping things in my case, I returned and went 8700k and H80i v2, ,much better setup for this case and my CPU is at 30-35c idle. Thanks for the help though, the pump was set to 100% in the last setup, but just not enough airflow in the previous setup.

Archived