Corsair Community

Lost profile settings after updating to V3.29.110

Jenssels

Like the title says.

I updated ICue yesterday and was met with all my device colors turning off and my marco's not working.

Looking in ICue I still see my profiles but all the settings are purged. Even importing my profiles again has all settings missings.

Since it took me several hours setting I don't want to do it all over again. Any way to downgrade?

When I close ICue my onboard profiles still work.

Icue logs provided.

Logs.zip

Downgrading is tricky because the profiles are not backwards compatible. The moment you upgrade and then launch iCUE, it stamps them with the current version making going backwards impossible. Given the circumstances, you can try.

1) Go to C:User/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming and copy the Corsair folder to the desktop or some safe place.

2) Uninstall iCUE 3.29. When given the option, check the box to delete all settings.

3) Install iCUE 3.28. At the conclusion and before you click the button to launch the program, copy the Corsair folder from the desktop back into the App Data/Roaming folder. Now launch iCUE 3.28.

Unfortunately, I think the result is going to be no profiles at all. You would then need to either wipe them all out and re-import or go back to 3.29 and reset things up there. This is why users with a lot of profiles may wish to copy the Roaming/Corsair folder prior to each upgrade in case something does not go as planned.

Well tbf this seems to be an issue with their current version where they don't recognize the old profiles.

Is there no way to recover the old profiles? They took me hours to set up.

Also is this the proper place to report these issues? Official site states the devs check this forum.

It's already been reported and v. 3.30 is already out. I wouldn't spend a lot of time trying turn back the clock as it almost never works. Hopefully the upgrade to 3.30 will convert those existing profile to 3.30 and resolve the issue.

• 3 weeks later...