Corsair Community

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share the parts I've bought for my first PC build and get people's opinions on whether it will be a safe build.

I know the components technically fit together on paper but wanted an opinion on whether this setup looks like it would provide enough airflow and cooling for safe running.

Some contextual info:

• I will be using as a professional workstation mostly for design, 3D and 2D animation, mostly C4D, After Effects, Houdini and some 3D GPU rendering.

• I would like to OC at some point but not entirely necessary if it will be unsafe for my particular setup.

• The 280mm AIO will be set up as top exhaust in my carbide air 540 along with the stock case fans (Corsair Fan AF140L) intaking air at the front (2 fans) and exhausting at the rear (1 fan)

PART LIST

CPU Intel i9 9900k

GPU ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB ROG Strix OC Edition

Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 64 GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3000 MHz C15

Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 TB

Motherboard ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) Z390

Cooler AIO Corsair H115i Pro XT

Case Corsair Carbide Air 540

PSU 750W Corsair HX Series HX750

Any opinions would be much appreciated, thank you!

Stef

Edited by Stefan_Iyapah

Thanks for the reply

By "safe" I mean particularly in regards to the CPU and GPU temps. Have heard lots of conflicting opinions about differences in AIO front intake v top exhaust and I know that I have hot components such as i9900k and 2080ti video card.

I'm now leaning to front exhaust after watching [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNAMxZgvves&ab_channel=Bitwit]this[/ame]

if you don't overclock you don't really care :)

the 9900K at stock settings runs fairly cool on water. if you do top exhaust even with a hot 2080TI, the CPU temp will raise by only a few degrees, nothing to really impact anything.

The carbide air has really good airflow for the videocard too, so all in all, i'd say even with overclock, you are good to go.

What you could do once you have everything working is to install Asus AI suite and create fan profines on Fan Xpert to control the front and exhaust fans relative to GPU temp. when you do heavy rendering > spin the fans up. that will prevent heat from stagnating too much in the case and getting exhausted through the AIO.

Alternately you could add a Commander Pro to the build and do just that through iCUE too