Corsair Community

ax1600i problem

ataya

Hi, I have ax1600i. After upgrading to 3090 strix card with shunt mode and water cooling some problems started to show. When gaming, if gpu oc is above +200 in afterburner and or vram is above +900 pc reboots. First hangs, then black screen and reboots. Sometimes if I have lower oc crashes to desktop.

When everything on default, only gpu overclock is enough for triggering these anomalies. And in benchmarks only vram above +900-950 reboots pc. But oc overclock just crashes the benchmark, not reboots.

So I feel like something in ax1600i is becoming more sensitive as the power the gpu is drawing increases, and crashes or reboots happen. Is it possible to upgrade firmware in ax1600i so that the psu becomes stronger to spikes from 3090?

Edited by Technobeard
split to new thread

Before, 1080ti shunt moded was in the system.

Actually I want to learn why the pc reboots without bsod when the overclock is high (unstable). Just like I press the restart on mobo. If it is not about the psu (can' t handle power spikes because of gpu), you guys think it is software related? Because in other forums (evga for example) people speak about upgrading psus for a solution to these problems.

Of course many people with weak psus have these problems without any oc. But I feel like if the card is pushed enough (without thermal or power limits) something makes the system suddenly reboot (even with a ax1600i).

If I can solve the reboot issue, I am sure I can get more out of my card.

Ok. Then the problem is not the PSU.

yes I think so, maybe the power delivery of the 3090 makes gpu and windows crash. display becomes black and becomes not responding, but the cpu looks like working because I can see that cpu temperature changes on mobo.