Corsair Community

Introducing the CORSAIR K100 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

• Corsair Employee
Will it be available with italian layout? ^^

Currently unknown at the moment, but I will update here if I find anything out.

I just got the K100 OPX and iCue now recognizes it but I can't adjust anything with the keyboard as its says I requires an update but everytime I try to update it always comes back update unsuccessful. I've uninstalled 3 times as per corsairs clean install page and tried every USB port on my computer and still the same outcome. So far not very happy with this especially given the price.

Anyone have any suggestions before I return this keyboard.

Hi Ruaire,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your K100. Have you tried resetting the keyboard?

1. Unplug the keyboard.
  2. With the keyboard unplugged, hold down the ESC key.
  3. While holding down the ESC key, plug the keyboard back into the computer.
  4. Keep holding the ESC key until the keyboard begins to flash.
  5. Unplug the keyboard again, then plug it back in.

If that does not remedy your issue, I suggest contacting our support team by opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com, they'll be able to help you answer any other questions and troubleshoot if necessary.

You are lucky, ive had two now and both of them have keys that dont work. This one has no apostrophe amongst others. This has really soured me on corsair product quality. I cant get a replacement either as its completely out of stock everywhere now.

I cant wait weeks for corsair to RMA it so im giving up on this keyboard and corsair will now gradually be removed from my build.

Shame as this keyboard was nice, but it simply doesnt work and its the second one in two weeks to have this problem.

Hi Mitchyk7,

I apologize for the inconvenience. I suggest trying to reset the keyboard (steps above) and opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com in the meantime so we'll be able to further troubleshoot and get a replacement sent out ASAP (if necessary).

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Currently unknown at the moment, but I will update here if I find anything out.

Hi Ruaire,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your K100. Have you tried resetting the keyboard?

1. Unplug the keyboard.
  2. With the keyboard unplugged, hold down the ESC key.
  3. While holding down the ESC key, plug the keyboard back into the computer.
  4. Keep holding the ESC key until the keyboard begins to flash.
  5. Unplug the keyboard again, then plug it back in.

If that does not remedy your issue, I suggest contacting our support team by opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com, they'll be able to help you answer any other questions and troubleshoot if necessary.

Hi Mitchyk7,

I apologize for the inconvenience. I suggest trying to reset the keyboard (steps above) and opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com in the meantime so we'll be able to further troubleshoot and get a replacement sent out ASAP (if necessary).

Thankyou for help however in the time it took to get a reply i've returned bot keyboards and i'm getting rid of anything corsair. Just bought some crucial ballistix RAM (4x8GB) next is the fans and rgb controllers. I'm am having no more to do with corsair. I didn't get any response to email last week so this is where we are.

• Corsair Employee
Thankyou for help however in the time it took to get a reply i've returned bot keyboards and i'm getting rid of anything corsair. Just bought some Crucial Ballistix RAM (4x8GB) next is the fans and rgb controllers. I'm am having no more to do with corsair. I didn't get any response to email last week so this is where we are.

Sorry to hear that, Mitchyk7. We've enlarged our support team and they are doing their best to respond to the substantial volume of inquiries in a timely manner.

Just a FYI for everyone - in case your ticket does not receive a response within 3 business days, please PM me and I'll help out. We do not purposely ignore anyone's tickets and will make sure you're taken care of.

I usually remap the Right Windows key but found that on the K100 it's been replaced with the Fn key which afaik cannot be remapped.

Corsair, at some point, could you please add functionality of remapping the Fn key via firmware/iCUE update?

This seems like low-hanging fruit but with a large usability reward if implemented.

You'd expect a premium keyboard like this to have this option among all the other stuff.

Thanks,

Howie

Edited by howiec

• Corsair Employee
I usually remap the Right Windows key but found that on the K100 it's been replaced with the Fn key which afaik cannot be remapped.

Corsair, at some point, could you please add functionality of remapping the Fn key via firmware/iCUE update?

This seems like low-hanging fruit but with a large usability reward if implemented.

You'd expect a premium keyboard like this to have this option among all the other stuff.

Thanks,

Howie

Hi howiec,

Remapping the K100 RGB's FN key currently functions fine in iCUE 3.35.152 for me. What version of iCUE are you using?

Hi howiec,

Remapping the K100 RGB's FN key currently functions fine in iCUE 3.35.152 for me. What version of iCUE are you using?

Remapping broke completely after the last update and I had to reinstall iCUE to get it working again. None of the Keystroke Actions would work while iCUE was running, but Hardware Actions would work if I quit iCUE.

Edited by Monstieur

Does this keyboard have the same issue with the lighting as the K95? If the lighting is set to 255, 144, 0 (orange) do you see streaks of red and green on the front sides of the keys? I did not have that issue with my very old K95 RGB but I tried to upgrade to the newer K95 and the red and green were very distracting, I had to send the keyboard back.

• Corsair Employee
Remapping broke completely after the last update and I had to reinstall iCUE to get it working again. None of the Keystroke Actions would work while iCUE was running, but Hardware Actions would work if I quit iCUE.

Glad you were able to get it working - strange how the remapping broke from the update. Let me know if something similar happens again after an update!

Does this keyboard have the same issue with the lighting as the K95? If the lighting is set to 255, 144, 0 (orange) do you see streaks of red and green on the front sides of the keys? I did not have that issue with my very old K95 RGB but I tried to upgrade to the newer K95 and the red and green were very distracting, I had to send the keyboard back.

Crazy, I just answered your question about this on Amazon about 20 minutes ago. Anyway, I applied your provided color profile and did not see any noticeable red or green hues with it. It is an admirable color profile, by the way.

G'day Corsair Team

I'm 70 so I appreciate the good things in life, & I absolutely love the K100, the OPX keys have reliably ironed out my very inconsistent key presses when typing. : )

Unfortunately, when I log in to my computer the keys are unlit & are a dull grey to me & I find it hard to make out the key labels (I can't touch-type).

I note that the control wheel illuminates immediately, so is there a way to backlight the keys at the same time?

Cheers

John

Noted. We've definitely acknowledged people requesting detachable cables and USB-C connections for various products. For the K100 RGB, USB-C to USB-C proposed some topology challenges and we wanted to ensure accessibility for our users (not everyone has a free USB-C port).

Come out with a revision with a detachable cable & i will move on past my Logi G-Pro. Makes life so much easier when actually having to do work that i can just unplug the keyboard, put in drawer & break out my MX.

Would love to have keyboard lighting effects to go with my 680x, mm800, hx115i, & st100.

Hi howiec,

Hi Albert, it's working for me now too. I updated to the latest 3.36.125 version.

Not sure why it wasn't working previously.

Thanks.

Keys were too sensitive for my usage and ended up being measurably worse in typing and games. They were also much louder than what I had before too. The wheel was interesting but really didn't serve any purpose for me. Ultimately the pros did not out weigh the cons at such a high price point.
I prefer the more sensitive keys (lighter actuation) but what's funny enough is that during speed typing testing I'm hitting all the keys but some don't register because I'm not pressing down far enough.

• In other words, I need even shorter and/or lighter actuation plus low profile keys to type even faster and more accurately!

I also find that at times when I'm sliding my fingers from one horizontal row to a higher one (e.g. from D to E) my fingertip gets blocked by the side of the next key (e.g. E). The height differential is too large in my opinion.

• After installing the silver gaming keys (QWERASDF) the height difference is much smaller and my finger doesn't get blocked anymore during transitions in those areas.

Yes, the OPX keys are very loud. Something that should definitely be improved if possible.

Last but not least, the OPX keys have very noticeable key wobble which eats up some of the actuation force leading to worse typing speed and accuracy. Hopefully this can also be improved upon.

Clearly a factor in all of this is me. I have relatively long fingers and prefer light but quick presses so these are my personal preferences.

Hoping to see a low-profile version of this keyboard with improvements.

Edited by howiec
add comment

G'day Corsair Team

I'm 70 so I appreciate the good things in life, & I absolutely love the K100, the OPX keys have reliably ironed out my very inconsistent key presses when typing. : )

Unfortunately, when I log in to my computer the keys are unlit & are a dull grey to me & I find it hard to make out the key labels (I can't touch-type).

I note that the control wheel illuminates immediately, so is there a way to backlight the keys at the same time?

Cheers

John

Download iCUE and configure the Hardware Lighting section for the K100. The Hardware Lighting settings take effect on the login screen.

• Corsair Employee
G'day Corsair Team

Cheers

John

Hi John,

I'm ecstatic to hear you've been enjoying the K100! As Monstieur suggested, the "Hardware Lighting" feature in our iCUE software should help you out. Let us know if you any more questions!

Come out with a revision with a detachable cable & i will move on past my Logi G-Pro. Makes life so much easier when actually having to do work that i can just unplug the keyboard, put in drawer & break out my MX.

Would love to have keyboard lighting effects to go with my 680x, mm800, hx115i, & st100.

I'll be sure to take note of your request, TenaciousB. Thank you for your input!

I prefer the more sensitive keys (lighter actuation) but what's funny enough is that during speed typing testing I'm hitting all the keys but some don't register because I'm not pressing down far enough.

• In other words, I need even shorter and/or lighter actuation plus low profile keys to type even faster and more accurately!

I also find that at times when I'm sliding my fingers from one horizontal row to a higher one (e.g. from D to E) my fingertip gets blocked by the side of the next key (e.g. E). The height differential is too large in my opinion.

• After installing the silver gaming keys (QWERASDF) the height difference is much smaller and my finger doesn't get blocked anymore during transitions in those areas.

Yes, the OPX keys are very loud. Something that should definitely be improved if possible.

Last but not least, the OPX keys have very noticeable key wobble which eats up some of the actuation force leading to worse typing speed and accuracy. Hopefully this can also be improved upon.

Clearly a factor in all of this is me. I have relatively long fingers and prefer light but quick presses so these are my personal preferences.

Hoping to see a low-profile version of this keyboard with improvements.

I'll be sure to take note of your feedback - much thanks howiec! Also glad to hear you were able to rebind FN key after updating iCUE.

RGB Lighting Turned off Completely. Don't know what I pressed. How to turn them back on.

You can try pressing the profile button to the left of the iCUE wheel. Otherwise, our iCUE software will allow you to set the lighting again.

I'll be sure to take note of your feedback - much thanks howiec! Also glad to hear you were able to rebind FN key after updating iCUE.
Thanks Albert.

So after more testing, I found that even after remapping (hardware action) the Fn key to say something like F2 or Keypad Minus, and then saving to onboard profile, pressing 1 or multiple keys and then the Fn key gets those last pressed keys stuck (e.g. E + F + Fn => stuck walking forward-right in-game)!

You have to repress said keys to release them. This happens regardless of having iCUE open or closed. Disabling the Fn key doesn't seem to work either.

Anyone else having this issue?

Edited by howiec

Any way to turn on the lighting manually? I use a usb switcher to switch my keyboard and mouse between my Pixel Chromebook and my gaming PC. Can't install icue on the chromebook and only the wheel lights up attached to my chromebook. Thoughts? TIA

• Corsair Employee
Just purchased, 8 Dec 2020, the K100 Opti-Mech keyboard. Nice keyboard, good feel.

Though there is one problem, the FPS and MOBA Keycap sets are missing along with the Keycap puller.

Who should I contact to rectify this short fall?

Thanks.

Hi OlderThan Dirt,

Welcome to our forums! Glad to hear the K100 RGB is doing great in your hands! If the FPS/MOBA keycaps and keycap puller are missing, please open a ticket at https://help.corsair.com, our support team will take care of you.

Thanks Albert.

So after more testing, I found that even after remapping (hardware action) the Fn key to say something like F2 or Keypad Minus, and then saving to onboard profile, pressing 1 or multiple keys and then the Fn key gets those last pressed keys stuck (e.g. E + F + Fn => stuck walking forward-right in-game)!

You have to repress said keys to release them. This happens regardless of having iCUE open or closed. Disabling the Fn key doesn't seem to work either.

Anyone else having this issue?

I have not experienced this issue myself, but will let you know if I'm able to replicate it.

Are there any plans to release the K95 platinum or k100 in a tkl version? I love my k95 Platinum but I would like to get a tkl keyboard. I would like to stay with the cherry MX speed keys with full rgb and the same great finish on the k95.

Hi KSmith12,

Welcome to our forums! I cannot speak on future product releases, but assure you that we are always listening to feedback to help guide us on bringing awesome gear to PC enthusiasts!

Any way to turn on the lighting manually? I use a usb switcher to switch my keyboard and mouse between my Pixel Chromebook and my gaming PC. Can't install icue on the chromebook and only the wheel lights up attached to my chromebook. Thoughts? TIA

Hi uicjeff,

Welcome to our forums! Have you tried saving your profile onto the K100 RGB's storage via "Onboard Profiles"?

Pls make an SE white version and I by it!!

Hi Zyankali,

A white version would be interesting - I'll take note of the request.

• Like 1

Hey team,

Just upgraded from a K95 XT to the K100 and let me tell you, this keyboard yells premium.

The design is just perfect and I love the little details like the "//K100" label on the left side of the keyboard and the "Corsair" label on the wrist rest.

Talking about the wrist rest, the foam material is way better than the K95 XT and I just love that you guys used magnets this time.

Keycaps are top level, I loved the font changes and can't tell why but it feels different than the older ones (in a good way). I already own a set of pudding keycaps but I'm really struggling on whether to keep the stock ones or swtich to the puddding.

About the wheel, there's nothing much to say here, it's a good touch but I can't find a use case for it right now, Im sure I'll come up with something later on. I'm open to suggestions :)

On to the switches... I used for several years MX Blue, and when I changed to the K95 XT (MX Silver) I struggled for about a week or 2 because they were very sensitive, so I kept pressing other keys when I was just resting my hand over the keyboard. After that period of adjustment, I no longer have any issues and I really love the linear feel of these switches. Now that I have the K100 (MX Silver) I can tell it's ALMOST the same as the K95. Only difference is that I feel the K100 switches to be more sturdy/premium and the sound they make is WAY better than the MX silvers of the K95.

There's only 1 thing I didnt like, which are the media keys. They feel very cheap and they wobble a lot and the glossy style doesnt match at all to the style of the keyboard. The media keys from the K95 XT are top notch, so I would have preferred them to keep those.

iCue Nexus - Something I was worried about was the support for the Nexus. I looked everywhere in the Corsair website and couldnt find a place where it says that the K100 supported the Nexus. I had to go to reddit and ask ppl around to find out if it was supported, which turned out to be :). So my suggestion is to update the product website to state that it supports the Nexus. I guess that the Nexus product site should be updated as well, as it says that it currenly supports only 3 models.

As a side note, the bracket to mount the Nexus is not the same one as the K95 one, look for the other brackets in the box.

Overall, this is a GREAT keyboard, you won't regret getting one.

iCue Nexus - Something I was worried about was the support for the Nexus. I looked everywhere in the Corsair website and couldnt find a place where it says that the K100 supported the Nexus. I had to go to reddit and ask ppl around to find out if it was supported, which turned out to be :). So my suggestion is to update the product website to state that it supports the Nexus. I guess that the Nexus product site should be updated as well, as it says that it currenly supports only 3 models.

As a side note, the bracket to mount the Nexus is not the same one as the K95 one, look for the other brackets in the box.

iCue Nexus - Thanks for your review and this was exactly what I was looking for. I also asked if the K100 Nexus was supported and the response from the support team was negative. I could use the Nexus on my own but that is not my intention. When I look on youtube I see movies of the K100 with a Nexus mounted on it. So it remains a strange thing, whether or not.

• Corsair Employee
Hey team,

Just upgraded from a K95 XT to the K100 and let me tell you, this keyboard yells premium.

The design is just perfect and I love the little details like the "//K100" label on the left side of the keyboard and the "Corsair" label on the wrist rest.

Talking about the wrist rest, the foam material is way better than the K95 XT and I just love that you guys used magnets this time.

Keycaps are top level, I loved the font changes and can't tell why but it feels different than the older ones (in a good way). I already own a set of pudding keycaps but I'm really struggling on whether to keep the stock ones or swtich to the puddding.

About the wheel, there's nothing much to say here, it's a good touch but I can't find a use case for it right now, Im sure I'll come up with something later on. I'm open to suggestions :)

On to the switches... I used for several years MX Blue, and when I changed to the K95 XT (MX Silver) I struggled for about a week or 2 because they were very sensitive, so I kept pressing other keys when I was just resting my hand over the keyboard. After that period of adjustment, I no longer have any issues and I really love the linear feel of these switches. Now that I have the K100 (MX Silver) I can tell it's ALMOST the same as the K95. Only difference is that I feel the K100 switches to be more sturdy/premium and the sound they make is WAY better than the MX silvers of the K95.

There's only 1 thing I didnt like, which are the media keys. They feel very cheap and they wobble a lot and the glossy style doesnt match at all to the style of the keyboard. The media keys from the K95 XT are top notch, so I would have preferred them to keep those.

Overall, this is a GREAT keyboard, you won't regret getting one.

Hi Xrat3d,

Your post put a smile on my face - we appreciate the level of detail you put into your feedback!

iCue Nexus - Thanks for your review and this was exactly what I was looking for. I also asked if the K100 Nexus was supported and the response from the support team was negative. I could use the Nexus on my own but that is not my intention. When I look on youtube I see movies of the K100 with a Nexus mounted on it. So it remains a strange thing, whether or not.

I assure you that the iCUE NEXUS is compatible with the K100. I'll look into having our product page for the NEXUS to include the K100 to help clear the air. Sorry for any confusion!