Corsair Community

DO NOT flash MP600 Firmware 13 - It will break your drive

sorry my dude...it's quite obvious Corsair does not care anymore about supporting their SSDs. People should NOT buy anymore Corsair SSDs, the company couldn't care less. They closed threads and do not respond to support requests. I fixed my problem by buying a Samsung 970 Evo Plus, it absolutely rips. The PCIe 4 980 drives come out soon so I'll get one of those as well. Support a company that actually issues good firmware updates and cares about customers.

• Corsair Employee

Hi all, we're chatting with a SSD team to see what's been changed with this new firmware. Please sit tight and we'll update once we have the information to share.

And for those that have support questions, please continue to reach out to our support team at https://help.corsair.com where they'll be able to assist you more effectively.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue since upgrading to firmware 13, I did open a support ticket, but at this time I was told that all they can do is exchange the drive for one without the latest firmware, kinda sucks as it's my main drive, I don't know what else to do. Also did anyone else notice the drive now longer show anything for features?

OePvvXB

force600.jpg.2c6ac4f13415bc60dfd7f77f2fb87220.jpg

Untitled.thumb.jpg.cf7735cca4129c1d860b2991788902e0.jpg

Edited by charleyshf

I too wish I'd seen this thread before updating my MP600 to EGFM13.0. My write speeds have halved so I've raised a ticket with Corsair support.

I've a few Corsair components in my PC but the quality of the SSD Toolbox app seems to be nowhere near as polished as the iCUE software. The appearance of the SSD Toolbox app alone makes me wonder if Corsair have offloaded the support\maintenance of their storage products to a less capable team.

I also have two further MP600s configured as a Storage Space. The SSD Toolbox app doesn't recognise the individual MP600s used in this configuration so I'm unable to upgrade the firmware on these drives so a solution needs to be provided for this (This isn't an urgent priority now that I know that the latest upgrade has a significant negative effect on performance). So, the SSD Toolbox application needs to be updated to allow drives in Storage Spaces to receive firmware updates.

• Corsair Employee
I too wish I'd seen this thread before updating my MP600 to EGFM13.0. My write speeds have halved so I've raised a ticket with Corsair support.

I've a few Corsair components in my PC but the quality of the SSD Toolbox app seems to be nowhere near as polished as the iCUE software. The appearance of the SSD Toolbox app alone makes me wonder if Corsair have offloaded the support\maintenance of their storage products to a less capable team.

I also have two further MP600s configured as a Storage Space. The SSD Toolbox app doesn't recognise the individual MP600s used in this configuration so I'm unable to upgrade the firmware on these drives so a solution needs to be provided for this (This isn't an urgent priority now that I know that the latest upgrade has a significant negative effect on performance). So, the SSD Toolbox application needs to be updated to allow drives in Storage Spaces to receive firmware updates.

If you have the drives setup in a RAID Array it will not detect the individual drives due to how the array is handled by Windows and it showing up as a single storage device within Windows and not the single drives. There is no way around this issue without disabling the array.

If you have the drives setup in a RAID Array it will not detect the individual drives due to how the array is handled by Windows and it showing up as a single storage device within Windows and not the single drives. There is no way around this issue without disabling the array.

The Get-PhysicalDisk Powershell command correctly identifies and lists all three NVMe drives even though two of them are configure as a Storage Space. Device Manager does the same.

Why can't the SSD Toolbox identify the drives at the same physical level and allow firmware updates?

I felt adventurous tonight and updated from 11.3 to 13. I ran AS SSD Benchmark, Crystaldiskmark 8, and ATTO before and after the firmware update. AS SSD and ATTO showed improvements all around especially in 4K-64Thrd. Crystal showed a drop from 4200ish to 1200 in writes. At this point I think Crystaldiskmark is the issue here. I would wait till Crystaldiskmark get an update to correct whatever is the issue with the software. From experience Crystal has been buggy and inconsistent. I only ran it as others here did. The new 13 firmware did fix a MAJOR issue/bug that was introduced in 11.3 from 11.1; it has fixed the data transfer speed from disk to disk. On 11.1 I would average 300-350mbps between disks and with 11.3 it plummeted to 40-45mbps (this persisted after secure wipes and going from intel to AMD based motherboards so it is definitely the ssd) and now it is back up to 340 -350mbps. This new 13 is a definite keeper for me. For those that are running Crystal try ATTO or AS SSD and see if you get the same results I did.

MP600-11.3.jpg.d315a0fb360a5cfae4a4c5df6fd342a8.jpg

MP600-13.jpg.bf3f88b09e1c24c293feecacca326e1b.jpg

I felt adventurous tonight and updated from 11.3 to 13. I ran AS SSD Benchmark, Crystaldiskmark 8, and ATTO before and after the firmware update. AS SSD and ATTO showed improvements all around especially in 4K-64Thrd. Crystal showed a drop from 4200ish to 1200 in writes. At this point I think Crystaldiskmark is the issue here. I would wait till Crystaldiskmark get an update to correct whatever is the issue with the software. From experience Crystal has been buggy and inconsistent. I only ran it as others here did. The new 13 firmware did fix a MAJOR issue/bug that was introduced in 11.3 from 11.1; it has fixed the data transfer speed from disk to disk. On 11.1 I would average 300-350mbps between disks and with 11.3 it plummeted to 40-45mbps (this persisted after secure wipes and going from intel to AMD based motherboards so it is definitely the ssd) and now it is back up to 340 -350mbps. This new 13 is a definite keeper for me. For those that are running Crystal try ATTO or AS SSD and see if you get the same results I did.

I use ATTO for my benchmarking and write speeds have definitely halved since updating to 13. Case open with Corsair so let's see what comes of it.

Corsair really does not care. It's been weeks and no response or update. Meanwhile, in that same timeframe, Asus has released 3 bios updates for their MBs. You know it's bad when Asus releases more BIOS updates than Corsair can manage a single SSD update to fix a drive they broke. Awful customer service.

So I just upgraded the firmware to 13 and write speed dropped to 1k.

Is that issue going to get fixed with future firmware or the drive is dead now and need an RMA ?

So Corsair you see the issue and you are still pushing the firmware to innocent customers who trust you. Shame on you really. Pull up that damn firmware from your auto update tool.

Corsair have asked me to RMA the drive. Their approach is for me to send me drive to them whilst I wait 2 weeks for a replacement - no chance. That would leave me without a PC.

Quite why they can't fix the issue with new firmware is beyond me. After all, it was a firmware update that affected the drive's performance.

I've agreed to a RMA with Corsair so will receive the replacement drive any day now.

It'll be interesting to see what firmware it comes with and what its performance figures are.

Ideally, as a test it'd be good to have the previous firmware loaded and the previous high performance recorded. I will then update to the latest firmware and retest. If the same drop in performance is noted it'll be interesting to see what Corsair's response is as I've noticed that the same firmware is being used by NVMe products provided by other companies.

I have the MP600 500GB drive and I havo NO problems whatsoever

Luckily I checked here before flashing my drives - I think you may have a problem given this is a pretty unoptimised system ( 2TB drives, boot drive performs just the same ):

EQq46cN.png

nskHjWm.png

Really must get around to tuning the things properly. Also, I guess it is a pretty full drive. Not sure that's really behind the 4k read/access speed results though. Anyone still got a firmware 1.12 result?

--

No news from Corsair for a while, I guess? or have I missed a post.

Edited by VanDusaster

Replacement RMA drive was received today and fitted.

The new drive came with the 11.3 firmware but benchmarks showed that the performance was similar to the original drive which had been upgraded from 11.3 to 13 (it was this upgrade that introduced the write speed drop).

I upgraded the new drive to 13 - no difference.

So, in conclusion:

Original drive (firmware 11.3) - Read ~ 4.5GBs\Write ~ 4GBs

Original drive (firmware 13) - Read ~ 4.5GBs\Write ~ 2GBs

New drive (firmware 11.3) - Read ~ 4.5GBs\Write ~ 2GBs

New drive (firmware 13) - Read ~ 4.5GBs\Write ~ 2GBs

I've no idea what's going on.

The new drive came with the 11.3 firmware but benchmarks showed that the performance was similar to the original drive which had been upgraded from 11.3 to 13 (it was this upgrade that introduced the write speed drop).

So, in conclusion:

Hi,

This shows that there is a problem with the new firmware 13.

A Corsair advisor will tell us about it or I RMA my MP600?

Thank you!

So, in conclusion:

I wonder if they just flashed 11.3 on the drive & sent it back... without resetting whatever it is in 13 that's messing up writes.

Corsair: what's the process of flashing new firmware? does it zero the entire firmware store first or just write over it?