Corsair Community

XC7 mount into G12?

I am not sure why you would do this. The XC7 block would need tubes and fittings appropriate for custom cooling. You still need a radiator. So the only thing you save is buying a water block for the GPU. However, you would still need to strip it down more than halfway, which is the bulk of the work. The only reason to use an adapter like the G12 is to bolt an AIO onto the GPU, which is perfectly fine for a hybrid set-up on most GPUs.

I would think another non-software AIO or something from Corsair (if you are already running iCUE) would be the most efficient solution. In theory, the socket posts are in the same place, but you would still need a pump, radiator, tubing, and fittings — then hope the bracket works. Can’t really say much about it without one and I would be surprised if someone has tried this with this combination.

• 9 months later...

I know It's a very old post but I was wondering exactly the same thing. Because I have an evga ftw 1080 and I can't find any dedicated waterblock to include it in the loop of my future custom watercooling.

The production of these products are discontinued because it's too old.

So I have this option or second hand...

Tks in advance!