Corsair Community

Given my hardware, would I be able to utilize Corsair Link?

FranKeRS

Hello.

Brand New user. :)

I have got a Carbide 500r With the original fans, a H100 With the original fans, and an Asus GTX 660 video card.

Running Windows 8 Pro 64 bit.

I have downloaded the latest software to try, and it will see my CPU temp, and usage. My GTX 660 temp, and fan-speed. And one of my Three hard-drives temp.

I have also tried to read up on this forum prior to posting this.

Will the Corsair Link Lightning and Cooling kit work for my configuration?

Regards

FranKeRS

Sorry, I didn't Express myself clearly.

I know what the software and the Corsair Link kits are supposed to to. I was interested in knowing if I would get trouble connecting to the H100, and the fans in my system.

You know, Reading this forum you only get to know about the People having trouble. (Oh H100, sorry you can't Connect the digital cable to that, you need to change to the H100i. Oh, that fan. No it can't Control the speed of that, you need the other one). ;)

Should the kit work out of the Box With my fans, and the H100? (All original Corsair fans)

FranKeRS

Thanks for Your reply. I have now ordered the Cooling and Lightning kit. Should get it before wednesday. :)

FranKeRS

Glad to see Toasted giving his sales pitch. :p:

What he didn't tell you is chances are its a 50/50 shot. I know alot of people who have the link and all have issues. I havn't met one person from this universe that says it has worked as intended too. Been waiting for almost 1 1/2 years. I've seen and read enough to come to this conclusion that whomever buys this product WILL have some type of issue with it. Just being honest.

H100s come with 3-pin Fans which the Link has issues with controlling 3-pin fans (nasty rattle noise) let alone alot of different PWM fans. Just thought you should know.

Glad you know where the forums are as most presuming who have purchased this since it lacks alot of documentation won't know where to go to ask questions or find solutions.

Since you already purchased it we'll be here for you, listening, watching and hoping to hear from your experience with it.

Well. Done is done. Thought someone might tell me earlier. (I kind of uderstood by the posts here, that it was not exactly flawless).

Surely, there will be some fans wich are known to work 100%. My system is cooled by 5 120mm fans, (2 of them on the H100). Will the Link control the fans if they are connected to the H100, or do I have to connect them to the cooling node?

I do also have one 250mm? fan on the chassis-door. Might skip this one if the radiator-fans need to be Connected to the cooling node.

FranKeRS

I know alot of people who have the link and all have issues. I havn't met one person from this universe that says it has worked as intended too. Been waiting for almost 1 1/2 years. I've seen and read enough to come to this conclusion that whomever buys this product WILL have some type of issue with it..

i must be the luckiest guy in the universe

so far i have a h80,a h100 and now a h100I and all have performed as intended.

now the h100I has one hard drive not showing but other that it works

i do use stock fans instead of the glittery led lit fans but i want functionality and not some light show.

have to agree with GTXJackBauer though, from the start I have issues with the H100i and commander plus light and cooling kit........I am now at the point of ripping it all out and just go with Asus software that came with my MB.

Well. Installed the kit today. (Skipped the Lighting-kit, as the fan-speeds was most urgent to me). Took me 20mins of fault-searching (Corsair Link 2 would not see my hardware). Finally found out that I had to Upgrade FW for Corsair Commander. Everything is actually working fine now. Exept the two front chassis-fans. Corsair Link won't see them, but they are spinning at low speed. Probably gonna change them for some PWM-fans. I'm also not able to Control the speed of the fans on my GFX-card.

Now for one question. Will I be able to Control H100 fan-speeds if I Connect the fans directly to the H100. (They are now Connected to the Cooling Node). I asked this before, but got no reply to the question.

Well. Installed the kit today. (Skipped the Lighting-kit, as the fan-speeds was most urgent to me). Took me 20mins of fault-searching (Corsair Link 2 would not see my hardware). Finally found out that I had to Upgrade FW for Corsair Commander. Everything is actually working fine now. Exept the two front chassis-fans. Corsair Link won't see them, but they are spinning at low speed. Probably gonna change them for some PWM-fans. I'm also not able to Control the speed of the fans on my GFX-card.

Now for one question. Will I be able to Control H100 fan-speeds if I Connect the fans directly to the H100. (They are now Connected to the Cooling Node). I asked this before, but got no reply to the question.

my fans are connected to the h100 which allows me to run more fans from my cooling node and yes i can control them,,

some chassis fans will not be controllable.

The LINK SW does not control the GPU fan. It's there for you to see the RPM.

As wytnyt mentioned, Yes, you can control the H100 fan speeds when they are connected to the H100 block.

Note: It will work fine with the stock fans and may/may not work with aftermarket fans.

Does mine. The GTX670 fans respond to Fixed %, Fixed RPM, and all of the curves, including Custom. Only one that doesn't work is Maximum Speed, for whatever reason. Could be something specific to that line of cards and the fans used in them. I was really happy to see that it showed up and could be grouped with its temp.

Archived