Corsair Community

Keyboard/Mouse Won't Wake Computer From Sleep - Have to Press on/off button

totallyninja

Hi -

When my Corsair i160 is sleeping, I am unable to consistently wake it by clicking the mouse and keyboard. Instead, I have to click the on/off button on the Corsair itself to wake the computer up. I have a LG 34GK950F-B display, and a Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 keyboard. Windows is updated to the latest.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I'm coming from a Mac, and I'm used to my computer waking up fairly easily from clicking the mouse or keyboard.

Thanks.

Hi

I have noticed on my new i160, that it will not actually enter sleep mode.

The screen will go off after 10 mins as per my display settings, but it will never sleep after 30 mins???

This is a new system (only 1 week old) so windows settings are pretty much default using the balanced power setting, is there something similar to your recommendation above to help?

sounds like you need to disable USB selective suspend, here's how.

Hi - I just tried this potential solution just now. However, when I tested it, I'm still unable to wake my computer by clicking my keyboard and/or mouse. The keyboard will turn on (as does the mouse) indicated by the RGB lighting, however, the computer remains in sleep mode (with all lights turned off). It will only reactivate if I hit the power button on the tower.

Is this normal behavior?

Thanks.

Hi - I just tried this potential solution just now. However, when I tested it, I'm still unable to wake my computer by clicking my keyboard and/or mouse. The keyboard will turn on (as does the mouse) indicated by the RGB lighting, however, the computer remains in sleep mode (with all lights turned off). It will only reactivate if I hit the power button on the tower.

Is this normal behavior?

Thanks.

My i160 works the same way. Also have USB selective suspend disabled.

A further development: Even when waking the computer by pushing the button the front, the monitor still does not activate. I have to unplug and re-plug in the Displayport to get it to initialize. Otherwise it reqquires a hard reset for the display to turn on. I know its not the monitor itself that is faulty, because I received a replacement for a dead pixel, and the new unit is performing in the same manner.

@Corsair - Please advise.