Corsair Community

Corsair H115i RGB Platinum fan direction question

sparky1

Is there any setting in the software to reverse the fan direction or do I actually have t\o taker everything apart to turn the fans around?

When I was installing the cooler I looked but I didn't see the direction marked anywhere on the fan or documentation so I guessed. Currently the radiator is on the top of the case and the fans are below the radiator blowing down. I would assume its better to blow the heat up and out.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

DB

No PC cooling fan I know of has a reversible motor and certainly not electronically. The blades are designed for a specific rotation and directional flow.

Exhaust vs Intake. I generally prefer exhaust when top mounted and it fits the natural airflow design for most cases, but you can come up with reasons to do it one way or the other. Some people with glass "off-set" side panels will set it to intake to deliberately force airflow out of the panel gaps in the sides.

Nope, you need to manually flip them over. The air flows through the caged part of the fan, where the fan motor mounts. So the X mount if the direction air blows. Exhaust is the best direction if mounted in the top of the case.