Corsair Community

h150i pro very noisy

ollio

Hi.

I just finished my build and the h150i is super noisy. It is yowling all the time (no chattering), sound going up & down and up & down. Even in idle mode (No OC). Searched for reference sounds on youtube but couldn´t find something simliar.

iCue seems not to work (pump is set to quiet). BTW: The cooling performance is bad too: 42deg @idle, 70deg @ 1min Cinebench R20 multicore..

Is this behavior normal? Has anyone a little soundclip of the h150i running for comparison?

Happy Easter to everyone :biggrin:

My Build:

Ryzen 3950x, 64gb corsair rgb pro 3200, Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL, 7x LL120mm, h150i pro+ 3x LL120, commander pro, asus ws x570-ace, corsair 1200i

Edited by ollio

Make sure the fans for the H150 are using the native coolant temp (H150i Temp) in iCUE. Cpu temp is too volatile as a variable and not how it works anyway. However, I suspect it is the other 6 fans causing the ruckus. The Commander Pro defaults to “Quiet” across all fan channels. All 3 presets on the Commander are based on cpu temp - the only thing every system is guaranteed to have. You want to get off that immediately. It doesn’t work out well with modern cpus that race up and down and never really idle at the monitoring level. Immediate fix is H150i temp or GPU temp. Best long term solution is to use one of the C-Pro’s temp probes to get an ambient in a key spot (like rear exhaust) or on the exhaust side of the H150 radiator. That will be equivalent to coolant, but work all the time — even when the software is not running. That includes boot and restart where you don’t want 9 fans at maximum.

*Also, I am not sure if iCUE can see CPU package temp on the x570 boards yet. I don’t know what it does in that situation. Wacky, erratic behavior sounds about right.

Edited by c-attack

Thanks for the fast reply!

So you don´t think there´s something wrong with the pump? The sound is really annoying! This is my first AIO Setup and if this is normal i´ll have to switch back to a good old quiet aircooler :(

The fans are already using the h150i Temp. The nasty sound is definitly coming from the aio pump (2070rpm) which I cannot adjust in icue. All fans are running ok.

I´ll give it a try with the commander Pro sensors..

Edited by ollio

If you’re sure it’s the pump, still fix the fan curves for the case fans anyway. It will be a distraction until you do.

Static popping/clicks are common on first run. Lots of little air bubbles getting pressed through the pump and cpu block. Try tilting the front of the case to make the in/out hoses slightly higher than the pump. You can also set the pump to the highest setting to force things along. A bit counter-intuitive. Go to H150 panel. Performance tab. Click on “Extreme”. It will highlight yellow. Then click on the pump speed reading to the right. It will ring yellow. The fan presets do double duty as 3 fixed pumps speeds, albeit with entirely different meanings than when applied to a fan.

If this is a mashing, mechanical noise from the pump, then we have a more serious issue.

Edited by c-attack

So i did what you told me but it's not getting better. Pump is screaming high and low, fans are super quite.

There is no statick popping or clicks. It really is the1000 - 2500rpm of the aio pump making this horrible sound.

Tomorrow I will make a little record of the sound and link it here. Perhaps the pump really is just broken.

Thanks for your help