Corsair Community

Commander Pro randomly misbehave

pablosb22

Hi Guys

I have a commander pro with 6 LL120 fans connected, it works fine most of the times, but randomly if I have a color patter it just stops doing it, I had them on Sequential in iCue, and randomly you see that is doing the animation only on fans 1 and 2 and the rest of them are static in the last color, and the third one is making the sequence half of the fan and the other fan is static.

so I decided to do an static color to check, and even though it works most of the time, randomly you see a fan (any) with a weird color different than the one I selected.

For example when I have it sequential, some fans are stuck but if you go to iCue it shows it is doing the effect right, and if you change it to another nothing happens, they keep the same way until I reboot the PC.

This issue seems to happens only with the color because they spin fine all the time.

Thanks for your help.

Hi buddy... i suspect you have a bad fan...

so, to test... select instant lighting white... what happens?.. which fans are lit.. which fans are fail? the fans work on a 'daisy chain' type of set up.. one fan passes data to the next.. if there is a break in the chain then the following fans fail to light correctly

Hi buddy... i suspect you have a bad fan...

so, to test... select instant lighting white... what happens?.. which fans are lit.. which fans are fail? the fans work on a 'daisy chain' type of set up.. one fan passes data to the next.. if there is a break in the chain then the following fans fail to light correctly

Hey man, thanks for reply, if that's the case, I may know which fan is having troubles, the weird thing is that I had them without the commander pro in the past and I had no issues at all, only after installed the commander pro

Hmm I have been having a similar problem recently with 6 LL120s and a commander pro. It basicly works fine until I select the colour shift or spiral rainbow settings and the last 2 fans in the sequence freeze. I have tried rewiring the fans in every conceivable way so I'm starting to think it's either software issues, my commander is faulty or I'm super unlucky and have 6 messed up fans haha