Corsair Community

Radiator screws are way too tight - iCUE H115i RGB PRO XT

M4STER_ROOT

Is it just me, or are the radiator screw holes way too tight for the screws?

It looks like they've threaded the holes and then painted it black with a thick paint!

I looked up the issue on this forum and it seems like older radiators have the same issue. I can't recall if my old H100i GTX had the same issue though...

I bought an H115i and an H100i for my Obsidian 1000D. I didn't want to start out with a custom loops as I fear leaking water on my new motherboard.

Well, now that I have tortured one of the small radiator screws by screwing it into all the holes to remove the paint and re-thread them, my fear has now changed to all the damn metal fragments that is on my table and in the screw holes.

I'm sure i don't have to tell Corsair what might happen if small metal fragments lands on the motherboard! I'm seriously thinking about returning my H100i and doing a custom loop. (And it wont be by Corsair!)

What I really want to know is if Corsair have any official response to these tight screw holes and the damage you get by screwing one of the fan screws into these screw holes? The official install video shows a guy easily screwing a screw into some radiator and I couldn't find any information in the manual about the horrible screws.

I do have to say, I had just installed my motherboard into the 1000D with the Corsair supplied screws and it all fit perfectly, as expected!

Should I just not expect the same quality from the AIOs?

UPDATE:

After chatting on the Discord - Case Owner server, I've decided to keep my H100i, and I'm happy that I did. Unlike my H115i, my H100i didn't have paint in the screw holes and the screws go in with ease!

I'll still keep my original complaint about the H115i as that experience was really bad.

Edited by M4STER_ROOT

Here's a few horrible mobile pictures...

Believe it or not, this was the best side of the radiator...

The-Horror1.jpg

And... Here you see the worst hole!

The-Horror2.jpg

I've dusted and blown away all the paint and metal so I assume everything will work just fine...

The process was however the worst I've ever had, and I'm NOT impressed with this new cooler!

My H100i RGB PRO XT was fine. Unlike the H115i it didn't have paint in the holes.

Why there's a difference I don't know. This is also why I'd like a response from Corsair. Are all the H115i just that way, or was I unlucky?

Were I simply lucky that my H100i didn't have paint in the screw holes or was this an issue they fixed?

So many questions...

The radiator is fine, it was horrible to screw that one screw into all the holes at first, but now they're all easy to screw in.

I do fear that I didn't get all the metal stuff blown away, and if that lands on my motherboard...

Edited by M4STER_ROOT
It's RGB not GRB...

My H100i RGB PRO XT was fine. Unlike the H115i it didn't have paint in the holes.

Why there's a difference I don't know. This is also why I'd like a response from Corsair. Are all the H115i just that way, or was I unlucky?

Were I simply lucky that my H100i didn't have paint in the screw holes or was this an issue they fixed?

So many questions...

The radiator is fine, it was horrible to screw that one screw into all the holes at first, but now they're all easy to screw in.

I do fear that I didn't get all the metal stuff blown away, and if that lands on my motherboard...

Seems to be a problem with these new XT models, from the Amazon reviews I've read at least.