Corsair Community

Keyboard is suddenly typing by itself when I press any key on the keyboard.

piratelubby

Two days ago, the keyboard was working fine as usual during a gaming session; but then the next morning, the keys were suddenly acting up. To elaborate, whenever I pressed a key or attempted to type a sentence, the keyboard would suddenly enter extra letters, numbers, symbols, and even shortcuts. I searched a keyboard tester online and found out that when I pressed any key, a multitude of other keys would be "clicked" on. The problem seems to be more with the PC, since I'm able to use the keyboard with no issues on another laptop.

Things I have tried:

Soft reset? (The one where you hold ESC key, etc etc.)

Forcing firmware update via iCUE software (problem still persists even with or without the software running)

Cleaning (Had the keyboard for a year, cleaned under those keycaps real good)

Shaking the keyboard really hard (honestly worked the best - issue didn't appear for a solid hour then reappears. thanks random anon!)

Plugging the keyboard into different ports (no matter what, the issue still persists on the PC, but switching to my laptop, the issue is nonexistant)

The only real problem with my setup is the keyboard part. My mouse and my headphones work with no issues, even the onscreen keyboard is not spazzing out like it does when I plug in my keyboard.

Please send help. I spent an entire day trying to solve this.

• 10 months later...

I have the exact same issue and so far I haven't found a solution. Honestly, this keyboard is garbage. The iCue software only works when it wants to, and when it doesn't, Caps Lock doesn't work.

Mine will randomly type a combination of random letters then open Device Manager. This has been extremely frustrating, especially when talking to people and playing games.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am having this type of problem as well. But if I shut down the iCue software it works just fine.

The keys I have noticed that are problematic are the number keys row. The number pad keys don't seem to be effected.

Since the problem goes away when the iCue software is shutdown, it HAS to be a problem within iCue.

There are not keymaps for macros that would explain this and the iCue software is the current version.

Ok, did some testing and searching through the threads.

For me what worked was removing all the items in the ACTION LIBRARY. Can still map what I need to map for profile switching and my mouse, but it seems like having anything saved in the action library is what screws up the keys

• 4 months later...