Corsair Community

Very Loud "Whiny Noise" on TX950

Ash576

I just installed my brand new Corsair TX950 I bought from Amazon to find it is emitting a very high loud whiny noise. The strange thing is that it is only when I open certain programs that the noise occurs.

It happens when I open:

- iTunes

- Google Chrome ( eventually disappears until I move or scroll the mouse, or press the keyboard :confused: )

- And some games and applications including Braid.

I have tried booting in Safe Mode, still the noise occurs.

I have tried Disabling C1E support, still the noise occurs.

Unfortunately I do not have another system to test it on and I am running out of ideas, it is getting rather frustrating :brick:

Anyone else have/had this issue and know how to resolve it? Is it faulty or is there a simple fix? Any help would be widely appreciated

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem with my TX950. In fact, mine's making this noise even when I move my mouse on the screen. When I run certain programs (compiling a video, let's say) I can "hear" the hard drive "through" this noise, compiling it.

Not sure if you know what I mean. :sigh!:

My question is if this can be considered a real problem in which I have to replace it, and even more important, if it could be affecting my PC's general performance.

I can supply more info, if required.

Tks !

• Corsair Employee

Are you using a battery backup or APC?

And have you tried a different mouse?

Also this has been found to be a Video Driver previously so have you recently updated the Video card or driver? If so try rolling back to a previous driver version.

Archived