Corsair Community

Corsair Wont install

Amonn

hi im runing windows 7 and i was wondering if the newest CL.4 worked for win 7 cause every time i install it, it doesn't do anything says it installed but there no files anywhere and its not on the computer so im not able to get my h100i v2 working right. or when i click install it will just sit there saying installing but nothing happens and i have to force close to stop it. any help would be great

as posted on another thread

I was just directed by Corsairs direct phone support that users had any issues that users should skip the forum and either start a support ticket or just call them for any technical support issue and yes I ask about the forums purpose and must say their as good at dodging answering as the forum is.

well its as simple as saying yes it should work on windows 7 or not iv looked but theres no post about it (that iv looked so far) and not sure but Im guessing that corsair support wont talk about corsair link or will they..

frankly your guess is good as mine,looking at my post count its easy to surmise im familiar with the forum,im still scratching my head as to why corsair would tell me to skip posting here as it makes the forum useless but from what ive seen it mostly is already

doesnt much matter as these posts will get deleted and swept under the rug.....as usual

but more to your question,the link works the best with win7 or lets say win 7 has the best chance of working

i had it in 4 builds but tossed it for a much better alternative...

oh the files are located in start/user/appdata,youll need to unhide appdata folder

they hide it well but so would i

well its not that i need to find the files its that it wont install on my computer for some reason.. idk why it wont, ... it will just fake install or i have to close it but i have yet not to be able to install it really grinding my gears .. lol

well its not that i need to find the files its that it wont install on my computer for some reason.. idk why it wont, ... it will just fake install or i have to close it but i have yet not to be able to install it really grinding my gears .. lol

its been so long since using it i wish i could help but mine are in a box tucked away in my scrap room

any help would be great

I have installed CL 4.2.3.41 and all the previous CL4 releases on this W7 system with no issues, but from what you have posted can't even guess what may be causing the issue on your system.

1. What Corsair items are reported by Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features? Post a screen shot
  2. Post screen shots showing the installation progress.
  3. Does C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4\ exist and what files does it contain?
  4. Does C:\Users\All Users\CLink4\ exist and what files does it contain?
  5. Does Devices and Printers list the H100iV2?
  6. Does Device Manager report any Corsair devices in the USB section?
  7. Do these devices have a yellow triangle? If so what does properties report as the error code?
  8. Does dism /online /get-drivers /format:table display items with Original File Names of siusbxp.inf and/or hydros7289.inf?

1:What Corsair items are reported by Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features?

This was after i tried to install 3.ect but it wouldnt pick up my h100i v2

A: 532259e4a6e8fb1bb551d048be81cd88.png

2:Post a screen shot Post screen shots showing the installation progress.

Goes from this

A: 8568db8bab6de97e8d70de18c2538715.png

To this in a split second

c218623c8db3f5db58dd19387bca5af1.png

3:Does C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4\ exist and what files does it contain?

A:nothing the program doesnt make any files or anything even in the %appdata%

4:Does C:\Users\All Users\CLink4\ exist and what files does it contain?

A: There is not file called CLink4 cause the installer doesn't make one

5:Does Devices and Printers list the H100iV2?

A: yes but its unknown device cause it has no drivers

6:Does Device Manager report any Corsair devices in the USB section?

A: shows h100iV2 and thats it

7:Do these devices have a yellow triangle? If so what does properties report as the error code?

A: dd999f05b42da7b2daaa8bbfa3f1ac2e.png

8:Does dism /online /get-drivers /format:table display items with Original File Names of siusbxp.inf and/or hydros7289.inf?

A: i see siusbxp.inf and hydros7289.inf

1. 1 -> 4 It should have installed. Maybe the other two Corsair packages are confusing things, uninstall them both and try to install again.
  2. 5 -> 8 The drivers are there, but I should have asked for the version numbers. Check again after doing #a. I have as below.
  3. If the hydros7289.inf version is < 3.6 you will need to use the attached 3.6 driver. Unzip the file and tell device manager where to look.
  4. Using Device Manager Right/Click on the H100iV2 and select Update Driver Software. Does this get the device working?
  5. If CL4 is still not there you could use my SIV utility to check.

attachment.php?attachmentid=25512&stc=1&d=1464939334

hydros7289-3.6.zip

dism.png.3f0286cd65666ff525daeea320f6f0ce.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a problem with my new H80i V2 fans showing 0 rpm.

I had it working yesterday and then cleaned up my cable management in my case and booted up today and 0 fan rpm again but fans are running normally increasing rpm as needesigned but I don't see it in CL4.

What Corsair items are reported by Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features? Post a screen shot

I have Corsair Link 4 & Corsair USB dingle driver removAL only.

Post screen shots showing the installation progress.

Does C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4\ exist and what files does it contain

Yes I have this folder

Does C:\Users\All Users\CLink4\ exist and what files does it contain?

I'm the only user for my pc so I don't have this folder.

Does Devices and Printers list the H100iV2?

It doesn't list the H80i V2 but lists the and unspecified device for corsair USB driver done.

Does Device Manager report any Corsair devices in the USB section?

Yes it lists the corsair USB hydro driver.

Do these devices have a yellow triangle? If so what does properties report as the error code?

No yellow triangles.

Does dism /online /get-drivers /format:table display items with Original File Names of siusbxp.inf and/or hydros7289.inf?

Haven't looked in depth into this part.

When I installed the latest version of CL4 I went into the settings where it shows the firmware on the cooler and I clicked "use these settings as default" and it said it has saved this to the device memory.

Yesterday the fan rpm was showing today it's not. I've reset my Bios as well with no luck.

The cooler is working normally as the CPU temps are fine and I can hear the fans increasing with temps.

I've changed the corsair link cable to a different USB 2.0 header and back again no difference.

I just downloaded SIV and it'd only showing the pump running as well even though the fans are running.

Given CL4 also fails to report things I suspect there is a hardware issue, but unless you post [Cooling Status] + [Link Status] + [Link Fans] screen shots I can't sensibly even guess what it might be.

So I followed your guide ram guy here:

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118371

Just the bit about unplugging from USB header and plugging in again.

Didn't fix anything just made the fans stop increasing in rpm.

It's very intermittent. Sometimes the fans will increase in rpm other times they won't.

It's just strange that yesterday the fans were working and showing up and today after moving cables they aren't but they're still running.

One thing I did notice is that if I changed the CPU_FAN Q Fan to auto in corsair link it's still running at full speed where before it wasn't.

I have still disabled all the MB fan controls.

I'm at a bit of a loss of what to do next as this is a new cooler. It's a software thing. I use AIDA64 as well to monitor my system.

The next thing I guess I can try is reflashing my BIOS.

I have an Asus maximus vii ranger mb.

Given CL4 also fails to report things I suspect there is a hardware issue, but unless you post [Cooling Status] + [Link Status] + [Link Fans] screen shots I can't sensibly even guess what it might be.

How do I post cooling status, link status and link fans?

Do I just take a screenshot of corsair link and siv

Do I just take a screenshot of corsair link and siv

Slow Down! You are changing far to many things at effectively the same time for anyone to sensibly help you. You need to change one thing at a time for anyone to stand any chance at all.

If you don't know how to do something ask Google!

Can I just say I've always had good experience with corsair used their power supplies coolers and cases. The H80i I had was the 1st problem I've ever had. Which is why I was very keen to get the new cooler as it was supposed to be better.

Will be nice when I get it up and running properly.

It's 10pm here in New Zealand so I won't be able to post any screenshots until tomorrow night so I'll reply then.

Thanks once again for everyone's help

I had it working yesterday and then cleaned up my cable management in my case and booted up today and 0 fan rpm again but fans are running normally increasing rpm as needesigned but I don't see it in CL4.

I have just noticed this and this makes me feel it's a cabling issue :idea:. Are the two radiator cooling fans correctly connected to the H80iV2? A screen shot of [Cooling Status] would probably tell me which is why I keep asking for it.

What do you think it could be. I maDe sure everything was plugged in properly I think. Will have a check tomorrow.

I have done the best I can to help you and given it took me < 60 seconds to post [Cooling Status] why do you not do this?

1529142333_CoolingStatus.png.6fc2d997bc2ca35f4900833c8256c537.png

Archived