The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-02-2016, 08:01 AM
Cybershaman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 877658
Cybershaman Reputation: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper69 View Post
So it is possible to run it without Link/usb cable if you aren't too bothered about the pump speed and led colour.
It seems like a lot of people are going that route, which is sad considering that that capability should already be available via Corsair Link components. I'm certainly leaning that way, as well. While the DIYer in me certainly wouldn't shy away from incorporating additional hardware in order to compensate for what is plainly defective software implementation, not to mention potentially misleading advertising, on Corsair's part, at its most basic it's just simply madness having to anticipate purchasing additional products to get the job done. It's like buying a brand new car only to find that there is a pipe wrench loosely attached to the column where a fully functional steering wheel should be. :/

Old 11-03-2016, 06:17 AM
snapper69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 877780
snapper69 Reputation: 32

In fairness to Corsair, when I tried using a mini usb cable to one of my external usb sockets, Link found my cooler and seems to work fine, so it looks like a problem with either the cable or the motherboard header. I need to connect my fans to my cooler pump (I haven't done so yet because I have some new ML140 fans to put on my cooler, sometime), and probably refit my Commander mini to allow me to control my case fans. Messing around with coolers and fans isn't my favourite pastime so I keep putting it off.

Old 11-03-2016, 06:25 AM
Cybershaman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 877782

Quote:
Messing around with coolers and fans isn't my favourite pastime so I keep putting it off.
There was a time in my life when I would happily do things like remount heatsinks or regularly reinstall my OS just because I was bored. However, now I'm at that age where I want things to just work without me having to futz with them all of the time. Yeah, I'm looking at you, Corsair Link software...

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:24 AM
snapper69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 877824

I've reached the age where my mantra is "Don't do today what you can put off until tomorrow, that way, if you want, you can put it off again tomorrow"

Messing around with fans and wiring, definitely falls into that category.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:41 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 878100
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybershaman View Post
There was a time in my life when I would happily do things like remount heatsinks or regularly reinstall my OS just because I was bored. However, now I'm at that age where I want things to just work without me having to futz with them all of the time. Yeah, I'm looking at you, Corsair Link software...
I sorta miss the days when using corsair link i was always having to perform daily maintenance on it just to keep things working,now with my setup i have now,i havent touched it in like forever so be careful what you wish for,

Old 11-10-2016, 12:42 AM
Sabrewulf's PC Specs

POST ID # = 878512
Sabrewulf Reputation: 10
Send a message via ICQ to Sabrewulf Send a message via AIM to Sabrewulf Send a message via Yahoo to Sabrewulf
Question Drifting Away from Corsair

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcndave View Post
This was written in January, and yet 6 months later it looks like the promised release is not yet here. (The one that actually fixes problems).

I am one of those majority users for whom it must be working, because I've not really complained. I have Corsair mem, PSU, cooler, fans, the lot, and yet I can't see anything on Clink, and what I can see is wrong.

My CPUs are at 20 deg idle, and my fans are way too loud, yet at full load my CPU gets way too hot. I just want a way to control this, and I've been effectively waiting for 2 years for that to happen.

The marketing does not match the reality, and to me that is mis-selling the same way banks mis-sold primes. I.e. immoral and corrupt and plain uncaring.

After shelling out near $1,000 on corsair for a decent rig, an amount which could be every two years for life, you've lost another customer. And not only do you lose my next $25,000 but I advise friends and enthusiasts to look elsewhere. 10 dissatisfied customers will lose you more than 1,000 moderately happy customers will gain you...
Starting to feel the same way. I just built a new computer, K95 RGB Keyboard, Scimitar RGB Mouse, 860 AXi Power Supply, 128GB of DDR4 3200 Vengeance Red Memory and 6 SP/AF fans netting almost $1500 in hardware from Corsair.

I should have known when I found they weren't going to add my M95 mouse to their CUE software, or when my Headset needed separate software instead of being part of CUE. It seemed like their software development was poorly implemented and not well thought out.

Why not have one software to integrate with all your products? Why not actively develop it and update it faster? Your entire product line relies on it at this point and without proper software, you are really hurting yourself.

I've posted on forums, no response for weeks, and seems like no one cares really. I love the product line, and I've been a big fan since I began my computer repair and custom built computers business, but now that I've retired from my computer repair shop... I simply want stuff to work so I can spend time with my family. Having to check forums and wonder why software doesn't work the way it is supposed to is just not my idea of fun.

Last edited by Sabrewulf; 11-12-2016 at 01:43 PM.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:17 AM
Cybershaman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 878519
Sigh.. Musings and commiserations...

(I'm sorry for the long post. I'm disabled and live alone and am particularly bored right now... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
...now with my setup i have now,i havent touched it in like forever so be careful what you wish for,
Wait...what? I don't understand... Or have you gone to such a deep level of sarcasm that my puny monkey brain can't comprehend the complexity of your superior wit? (Just to be clear, I'm trying to be funny. No insult intended. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf View Post
I should have known when I found they weren't going to add my K95 mouse to their CUE software, or when my Headset needed separate software instead of being part of CUE. It seemed like their software development was poorly implemented and not well thought out.

Why not have one software to integrate with all your products? Why not actively develop it and update it faster? Your entire product line relies on it at this point and without proper software, you are really hurting yourself.
I totally misread what you said. I should be receiving a new K95 keyboard tomorrow and I thought you were referring to that and not a mouse. Whew!

But seriously, there is very little integration with their software. If I were to speculate, and I freely admit that this is completely coming out of my 4rse, I would say that since they can't seem to code their way out of a paper bag (what does that even MEAN??? ) and their doesn't seem to be any sort of long range planning or forethought on the part of...upper management?...I sadly doubt that we will ever see their software ever really come together.

Logitech does this...to an extent. They at least differentiate between their gaming and "regular" products with the difference being the boringly named "Logitech Gaming Software" and their Setpoint program. I can at least see why I think they do that. But Corsair? There is absolutely no rhyme, reason, or even a "method to their madness" when it comes to their software. Seriously, it's like they have several different groups which are hermetically sealed from each other just designing things seemingly per whatever whim their middle management happens to be feeling at a particular time. It could just simply be a hopelessly mucked up management structure where each level simply tries to impress those above them by constantly changing things and constantly coming up with entirely new programs. They are constantly reinventing the wheel. It's redundant and confusing so that could be part or even all of the problem.

I wish they were a little more open with their plans and intent. I see quite a few "caring employees" coming to the forums to try and placate the pitchfork and torch wielding peasants. But they might even be confusing the situation. It plainly reveals the very real possibility that everyone seems to be doing their own thing and that there is very little direct leadership or even vision. It's just so sad because, again, they seem to make some more than decent products. Very GOOD products, in fact. I would even be so bold as to say that the ratio of problems between hardware and software is somewhere around the order of 5 to 1 and maybe even more. But anyway, enough ranting for one night... I just wish there were enough people who had enough passion and the will to organize and try to stand up and voice these concerns to someone there who could really make a difference. As it is, it's the one major thing that is standing between Corsair being an OK company with mediocre products and a GREAT company with AWESOME products. If they could just bring it all together they would truly be a force in the industry to genuinely be reckoned with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf View Post
Having to check forums and wonder why software doesn't work the way it is supposed to is just not my idea of fun.
It's pretty sad that all we can do is come and commiserate with each other by telling our sad tales of woe to each other. Perhaps we should request that Corsair add a Therapy section to the forum?

Anyway, I really wish Corsair could rise to true greatness. It's definitely within their grasp. But like I say, unless there are enough people or a few or even one person in a high enough position to make a difference that can rise to the occasion, the will always remain just a flashy blah <yawn!> company. It would be interesting if someone went undercover to find out what the real story was behind the company's troubles. But until then...all we can do is speculate... Now, if they would just put as much effort into affecting real beneficial change as they do in the number of freaking emoticons for the forums, well then, they would really be going places!

Edit: BTW, wytnyt... That's one crazy rig you got there!

Last edited by Cybershaman; 11-10-2016 at 03:26 AM.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:15 AM
snapper69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 878530

That seems to be a problem with large companies in general, the left hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, never mind the right.

Old 11-10-2016, 01:46 PM
Cybershaman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 878549

Quote:
That seems to be a problem with large companies in general, the left hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, never mind the right.
That very well could be. I do get the impression that Corsair is fairly large. Especially if a company grows quickly, such a situation could easily result. And when middle management gets worried that higher ups might not think they are worth having around, "muddying their waters" is certainly a viable way of making it appear that you are oh, so busy at work and thus are indispensable to the company.

Old 11-11-2016, 12:09 PM
snapper69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 878669

Ahhhhh, a man after my own heart. Cynical.

Old 11-11-2016, 03:45 PM
Cybershaman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 878683

Quote:
Ahhhhh, a man after my own heart. Cynical.
Definitely an excellent spice to add in one's life!

Old 11-11-2016, 03:56 PM
Cybershaman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 878684

In other news, I found this little tidbit that might explain why we are having the issues we are having.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost...6&postcount=18

Also, in another thread which for the life of me I can't seem to find right now, a Corsair employee basically said something to the effect of "it's your own fault for buying a product that's 2+ years old". Yeah. Uh-huh. OK.

And...I just got my "new" Corsair K95 and was sad to find out that only the RGB version is usable with the CUE software. The "plain jane" version still uses a variation of the same software used by the K90. Ugh... Why??? I love my K90/95 decks...but this software is just killing me. I would understand if they were 10+ years old but...there's no excuse to just simply drop software support on a product that's not really all that old...

Last edited by Cybershaman; 11-11-2016 at 04:01 PM.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:26 AM
Ken429's PC Specs

POST ID # = 882732
Ken429 Reputation: 10

I just gave up on the Link Software for the H100i. For some reason W10 Update was stuck in a loop and not updating. I uninstalled the Link Software and W10 Update returned to normal! Anyway, I'm using the MB to control the radiator fans until Link is ready to prime time. I have the three wire H100i pump connected to the MB Power Fan connector. But I don't get any reading of the pump rpm's. Is this normal or do I have to do something to the H100i firmware or whatever to get it to show?

Old 12-16-2016, 10:36 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 882736
red-ray Reputation: 81
Default No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken429 View Post
Is this normal or do I have to do something to the H100i firmware or whatever to get it to show?
  1. No, a H100i should report a pump speed of about 2200 RPM via the 3-pin connector with just a wire to pin-3.
  2. If it really a H100i rather than a H100iGTX or H100iV2?
  3. What software are you using to report the information?
  4. I know that some of the fan headers on ASRock motherboards are multiplexed and my SIV utility is the only utility I know of that deals with this. If you attached the SIV initial + Menu->Hardware->Sensor Debug + [Status] panel screen shots I could comment further.

Old 12-16-2016, 12:24 PM
Ken429's PC Specs

POST ID # = 882748
Ken429 Reputation: 10

Oops, it's a H100i GTX. Does that make a difference? I looked in the BIOS, used ATuning and HWInfo64. They all show no pump rpm on the Power Fan header.