Corsair Community

corsair h100i v2 temps

GLOB-E

Hi,

I have a i7700k cooled by a corasir h100i v2 for about 2 years now, i have notcied recently that the temps have certainly increased, i played sea of thieves yesterday and was reaching about 60c-70c on my cpu temps and 40c on the water temps, when i boot my pc up from cold boot it has a water temp of 22c and cpu temps of 35c-40c, iam wondering if this is normal and if it isnt how can i fix it because i have already ran stress test on OCCT and the cpu temps are about 80c on full load and water temps rise up to about 40c if i ran it for about 10min, in the past couple of days i resitted the aio and applied thermal paste but only saw an increase in temps when i booted up, my vcore when i play games is about 1.18, so iam just realy stumped at this point, hopefully someone can help me as iam pretty frustrated.

A couple of questions ...

What are your pump speeds? Are they consistent or do they alter with load?

The fan header cable for that cooler ... where is it connected? Is that fan header set to 100%?

What is the layout/configuration of the cooler? Is it top mounted? Front mounted? Exhaust or intake?

An 18C rise in coolant temp in 10 minutes is pretty high. Other trouble signs would be if it won't cool off after that or the coolant temp continues to rise at idle/desktop with minimal load.

However, if it stays cool at idle you may need to examine if there is anything blocking the radiator from expelling its heat. Closed top panel, wall that is close, etc.

So i have my pump speed set to performance preset in corsair link which pushes the pump to 3150 and will stay pretty much around their, the fan header cable is connected into the cpu fan header with Q Fan Control control disabled, idk about the fan header being set to 100%, my layout is top mounted in a exhaust configuration.

So i have my pump speed set to performance preset in corsair link which pushes the pump to 3150 and will stay pretty much around their, the fan header cable is connected into the cpu fan header with Q Fan Control control disabled, idk about the fan header being set to 100%, my layout is top mounted in a exhaust configuration.

Q Fan Control sets the header to 100% - that's what I was checking.

The rise in coolant temps is worrisome and not usual. As c-attack noted, there are potential installation issues that could be the cause of that though. Can you give us some details on the installation? Exhaust vs intake? Any obstructions? What case?

It does sound like the cooler has the issue but we don't have enough information to be definitive on that yet.

So i have a nzxt phantom 530 the radiator and fans are are mounted at the top exhausting heat out of the case. The installation has gone fine i will check to see if the bracket is installed properly, i have a sneaky suspicion that my motherboard is a b250f and my actually chipset for my cpu is a z270 that could be bottle necking?

I am still worried about the coolant delta. +18C in 10 minutes is double the expected rise. That is a massive margin. Additional top motherboard heat might account for a 1-3C coolant difference between top and front, but I was accounting for that already. +18C is not an acceptable number for a 240mm radiator and 95W TDP CPU.

Unfortunately, your specific cooler model seems more susceptible to this than any other series or model. If you have a partial flow blockage, you may feel temperature differences between the tubes (you should not normally =<2C max), or you may see continually rising idle coolant temps. You can contact Corsair support through the ticket system. They will probably run you through most of the same questions you got here. Start thinking about whether your best course is a RMA for the same cooler (new and sealed), but with 1-2 weeks of down time vs picking out something new.

ok so i swapped my fans around to intake at the top of my case, my temps for the coolant started at 23c at cold boot and i went idle they had risen to 28c and that was constant after that it stays at 28c, i havent ran any test yet or played any games so i will see when i have done that.