Corsair Community

CPU Fan Error with my H100i v2 cooler

Hi,

I removed my H100i v2 cpu cooler temporarily, and when I put it back I get a 'CPU Fan Error !'

Connections are the same as before and it's been running in my Rig before, so I don't understand why it's not working any longer.

Are the coolers fragile, or have you any idea why I might get this error after a re-install?

LW_Black4

Oh yes, we tried it in a 2nd machine - photo below - and got the same error.

1762929266_CPUFanError!.thumb.jpg.b2bebeaa562b53071d6fcc6f8ee1d8e1.jpg

I occasionally get the same error but not everytime. I have a h150i on a ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero motherboard. I have my pump connected to the AIO pump header on the board which I believe is locked at 100% speed. I took my front case fans which are the front push fans on my radiator and connected them to the CPU fan header. The pull fans are connected to the fan connectors that come out of the pump. It seemed like increasing the minimum fan speed of the CPU fan setting (controlling front fans in reality) helped reduce the amount errors I was receiving. I'm not going to max out my fan speed because I don't want my computer to be any louder then it has to be. In my situation it's probably a bios setting I need to change but I haven't figured it out yet.

I occasionally get the same error but not everytime. I have a h150i on a ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero motherboard. I have my pump connected to the AIO pump header on the board which I believe is locked at 100% speed. I took my front case fans which are the front push fans on my radiator and connected them to the CPU fan header. The pull fans are connected to the fan connectors that come out of the pump. It seemed like increasing the minimum fan speed of the CPU fan setting (controlling front fans in reality) helped reduce the amount errors I was receiving. I'm not going to max out my fan speed because I don't want my computer to be any louder then it has to be. In my situation it's probably a bios setting I need to change but I haven't figured it out yet.

You need to put the pump on the CPU_FAN header, as per the installation instructions.

The H150i PRO doesn't get any power from the fan header; it has a SATA power connector. So putting it on the AIO header does nothing. If you put it on the CPU_FAN header, it'll provide a tach signal to the fan header and you'll be good.

It was on the cpu_fan header in all the installations. The rad fans were connected either to the cpu_opt or cha_fan headers.

I can't get it to work, so I think the pump block motor is done.

I bought it refurbished by Corsair from Newegg.ca on Sept 2017, so it lasted 8 months.

I though refurbished by the manufacturer would be as good as new, but am no longer sure I'd get a refurbished item again because of this experience.

BTW, those temps are with a CoolerMaster Masterliquid Lite 120, which on sale and my quick fix.

1500018636_RecertifiedHydroSeriesH100iv2.thumb.png.d7aedb3dc8274d7c9eee03187974725b.png

It was on the cpu_fan header in all the installations. The rad fans were connected either to the cpu_opt or cha_fan headers.

I can't get it to work, so I think the pump block motor is done.

I bought it refurbished by Corsair from Newegg.ca on Sept 2017, so it lasted 8 months.

I though refurbished by the manufacturer would be as good as new, but am no longer sure I'd get a refurbished item again because of this experience.

BTW, those temps are with a CoolerMaster Masterliquid Lite 120, which on sale and my quick fix.

Well, it does have a 1 year warranty ... so you can go for a replacement. I don't know if it'd be another refurb or a new unit.

You need to put the pump on the CPU_FAN header, as per the installation instructions.

The H150i PRO doesn't get any power from the fan header; it has a SATA power connector. So putting it on the AIO header does nothing. If you put it on the CPU_FAN header, it'll provide a tach signal to the fan header and you'll be good.

I will try that. Thanks!

Archived