Corsair Community

Corsair should add-in support for LIFX and Philps Hue

de_stroyed

My entire room has LIFX lights bulbs, nothing else. I think it would be really cool if Corsair starts rolling out updates that make the light bulbs sync with their peripherals. I recently just ordered all this from Corsair:

https://gyazo.com/8bef604f53ddaa5b4c62ddc78d695c20

Before I was ordering, I was comparing Corsair with Razer and after watching many reviews, I decided to go with Corsair. One thing Razer has going for it is its support for light bulbs such as Philps Hue.

I think Corsair should add stuff like that too for those who are looking to have such features.

Yes, I know many people won't have the budget to set up their entire room with LIFX or Philps Hue's, but for those who can deeply appreciate Corsair adding this feature.

Definitely agree.

Actually, what would be even cooler is if Corsair provided an API that community developers could plug in to and then do this kind of stuff. It would take a huge burden off of their development team and encourage community involvement.

But that's just my $.02 worth.

• Corsair Employee
Definitely agree.

Actually, what would be even cooler is if Corsair provided an API that community developers could plug in to and then do this kind of stuff. It would take a huge burden off of their development team and encourage community involvement.

But that's just my $.02 worth.

I can see this being achieved through our CUE SDK. A community dev could write an application that talks to smart lights and our peripherals to enable this sort of functionality. We'd just be missing the component side which is currently handled by CL4. :thinking:

I can see this being achieved through our CUE SDK. A community dev could write an application that talks to smart lights and our peripherals to enable this sort of functionality. We'd just be missing the component side which is currently handled by CL4. :thinking:

Hmmm ... yeah, don't have CUE. :( I my foolish youth, I got Razer for my keyboard and mouse since Corsair didn't have a single application to control keyboard, mouse and cooler (which was all I had at the time).

It'd be really awesome if Link and CUE were combined into one single RGB and control app to rule them all with an SDK/public API. :cool:

• 1 year later...
Hmmm ... yeah, don't have CUE. :( I my foolish youth, I got Razer for my keyboard and mouse since Corsair didn't have a single application to control keyboard, mouse and cooler (which was all I had at the time).

It'd be really awesome if Link and CUE were combined into one single RGB and control app to rule them all with an SDK/public API. :cool:

you predicted the future