Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2019, 05:32 AM
KBhamm's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1022769
KBhamm Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Notepad View Post
I notice you are on a Ryzen based system. Make sure you have also updated your Chipset drivers directly from the AMD website and that your board is running the most recent BIOS. The issue you are experiencing very well could be more of a USB problem and the chipset drivers on Ryzen systems are huge when it comes to USB stability.
It is an usb problem when it only occurs if the aio is on the USB port on the commander? I have zero issues with anything. It first worked, came with one of the recent updates that where rolled out with the virtuoso. Maybe a firmware problem between commander, aio and virtuoso. Everything is up to date and every usb energy saving mode hardware and software site is turned off.
I think the problem is fixed but an unusable usb port on the commander for the aio is not how things should be.

Old 10-31-2019, 10:39 AM

POST ID # = 1022782
jpdsc Reputation: 10

Corsair, one question.

I usually charge my headset overnight with an USB wall plug.
The next morning, I disconnect the headset and the battery is at Medium.

Is this due to the lights staying on at night while charging? When I put in USB mode and charge using wall plug; the lights stay on and cannot be turned off...

Old 10-31-2019, 01:57 PM
KBhamm's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1022798

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdsc View Post
Corsair, one question.

I usually charge my headset overnight with an USB wall plug.
The next morning, I disconnect the headset and the battery is at Medium.

Is this due to the lights staying on at night while charging? When I put in USB mode and charge using wall plug; the lights stay on and cannot be turned off...
I hook it up onto a 1amp port on my multicharger it is full within 1 hour. Cheap usb c cable?

Old 10-31-2019, 02:02 PM

POST ID # = 1022799
jpdsc Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBhamm View Post
I hook it up onto a 1amp port on my multicharger it is full within 1 hour. Cheap usb c cable?
I have a splitter and am using the original Corsair USB-C cable.
I will try a different plug to see if that is the issue.

Thanks.

Old 11-02-2019, 02:59 AM

POST ID # = 1022871
Volodesi Reputation: 10
Default No sound in USB Mode

Just wanted to report that my headset has an issue with using USB Mode. I get no sound at all.

I did a full driver/software uninstall and it just refuses to work in USB mode. Sometimes it says there isn't enough USB resources. Other times it doesn't.

Works fine in wireless mode.

Old 11-02-2019, 06:50 AM
KBhamm's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1022878

[KBhamm] - Sometimes the microphone is off and clearly RED indicated but the sidetone works still

Still get this issue but more often these days. The virtuoso collects dust now I use my sennheiser again.

Old 11-02-2019, 09:39 AM
RGB Lunatic
Alcasczar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1022890
Alcasczar Reputation: 10

Quote:
KBhamm] - If the headset is off and i join teamspeak and turn it on Teamspeak wont recognise the mic. Close TS and rejoin the server fixes this.
I found this similar behavior in Overwatch, if I start a match with the mic muted and unmute MIC will not function, I have to leave Overwatch Chat and re-enter, less of an issue for some other games but it's still very annoying.

Have a ticket open with Corsair about it but so far no solutions.

I have now purchased 2 of these SE headsets both with the same issues, the driver is flakey and needs fixing. Remote chance that two headsets purchased from 2 different places having the same issue if there wasn't a bug in the driver or firmware

Last edited by Alcasczar; 11-02-2019 at 06:47 PM.

Old 11-03-2019, 01:18 PM
Drakke's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1022959
Drakke Reputation: 10

I've had the non-SE model for about a month now and in the 3 days I've had a lot of issues of the sound randomly cutting in and out like it loses connection to the dongle. I put the dongle on a USB extender about 2 weeks ago so the dongle is about 2 feet away from the headset when the issue is occurring.

I've also had sound cracking issues in a few games, the one I hear it the most on is World of Warcraft when I am on dragon mounts with their wings flapping.

Since only the mic is different in the SE model (as far as I am aware) I figured this would be the best place to post my issues so far with the Virtuoso headset.

Old 11-03-2019, 02:32 PM
Ady1976's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1022964
Ady1976 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakke View Post
I've had the non-SE model for about a month now and in the 3 days I've had a lot of issues of the sound randomly cutting in and out like it loses connection to the dongle. I put the dongle on a USB extender about 2 weeks ago so the dongle is about 2 feet away from the headset when the issue is occurring.

I've also had sound cracking issues in a few games, the one I hear it the most on is World of Warcraft when I am on dragon mounts with their wings flapping.

Since only the mic is different in the SE model (as far as I am aware) I figured this would be the best place to post my issues so far with the Virtuoso headset.
I had exactly the same issues as your having, I've sent it back now and happily using my Logitech G935 for 4 days with 0 issues, them headsets are flawed big time.

Old 11-04-2019, 01:07 PM
KBhamm's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023023

Quote:

If the connections cut out are there any usb 3 hdd cables or other usb 3 cables on full load ? usb 3 interferes with 2.4ghz wireless connections
https://www.intel.de/content/www/de/...nce-paper.html

Old 11-05-2019, 01:20 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1023125
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

Quote:

When you had the dongle connected directly to the PC, did you try having it plugged to the back of the motherboard? Try different USB stacks on the back to see if the crackling still occurs.

Old 11-05-2019, 01:30 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1023127

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBhamm View Post
[KBhamm] - Sometimes the microphone is off and clearly RED indicated but the sidetone works still

Still get this issue but more often these days. The virtuoso collects dust now I use my sennheiser again.
Still investigating this issue. I've found if it I open Windows Sound Settings, sidetone corrects itself and works normally. This may be an issue with the 1903 update, but we're looking into what we can execute on our end to have it function normally without this workaround.

Old 11-05-2019, 01:33 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1023128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volodesi View Post
Just wanted to report that my headset has an issue with using USB Mode. I get no sound at all.

I did a full driver/software uninstall and it just refuses to work in USB mode. Sometimes it says there isn't enough USB resources. Other times it doesn't.

Works fine in wireless mode.
Couple things you can try: Try connecting directly to different USB ports including the ones on the back of the motherboard, update your USB drivers to the latest version, make sure you're running the latest BIOS version.

Old 11-05-2019, 08:02 PM
Drakke's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023164
Drakke Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
When you had the dongle connected directly to the PC, did you try having it plugged to the back of the motherboard? Try different USB stacks on the back to see if the crackling still occurs.
Yes, I had cracking on both the computer case USB 3.0 and on the USB 3.1 and USB 3.0 directly from the back of the board.

Old 11-06-2019, 09:41 AM
RGB Lunatic
Alcasczar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023209
Alcasczar Reputation: 10

I'll check my drivers tonight, I know I am few revisions behind on my BIOS for my Maximus X Code Motherboard (ASUS) so I'll try loading that again. Their bios-renamer is a little flakey and last time I tried it could not find the bios file.