The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2018, 10:11 AM
streetw0lf's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945983
streetw0lf Reputation: 11

All of a sudden my Lightening Node Pro screen is no longer present. There is a spot on the main menu that says Lightening Node Pro but that's it, no configuration button. It was working until just now after I rebooted my PC. I got a message that LPN was being installed. I never had this message before.

Any ideas on this?

*** Update ****
Now none of my LEDS on my LED strip and fans don't work. Not even if I am in the BIOS for example. Are my controllers shot? Problem doesn't seem to be CL4 related.

***UPDATE*** part deux
I had to force a firmware update to get all my LEDs working again as well as them showing up in CL4. Go Figure.

Last edited by streetw0lf; 03-22-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Old 03-23-2018, 11:04 AM

POST ID # = 946132
ajcrow86 Reputation: 10

Yes, I have this same problem and it is definitely a bug causing major issues with many people with these coolers. Please Corsair resolve this asap.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:15 PM
kingzize's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946213
kingzize Reputation: 10

Screen-timeout

How about the previous known problem in version 4.9.5.25 where Corsair Link is preventing screen-saver or screen-timeout in general. Is that fixed in this new version? Your update log does not reflect this bug.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:48 PM
donalgodon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946221
donalgodon Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingzize View Post
Screen-timeout

How about the previous known problem in version 4.9.5.25 where Corsair Link is preventing screen-saver or screen-timeout in general. Is that fixed in this new version? Your update log does not reflect this bug.
I have used both versions and have never seen this bug. My screen times out as it should.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:04 PM
EXPERIMENTONGOD's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946232
EXPERIMENTONGOD Reputation: 10

Version of your Link software => v4.9.6.19
What version of Windows you're using => Windows 10 Pro x64 (updated)
Summary => New version doesn't work with H150i PRO

Detailed description of the issue :

As people already reported before, can't change any fan speeds, LED, pump speed, etc. it just doesn't control my H150i PRO at all.

I also got two entries on "Programs and features" after the update. Once I uninstalled one the other was gone.

TL;DR => all the issues people are reporting happened to me so I had to roll back to v4.9.5.25

You botched this one guys I would remove it from the download page quickly you can burn your CPU with this version

Last edited by EXPERIMENTONGOD; 03-23-2018 at 09:10 PM.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:25 AM

POST ID # = 946250
50cal Reputation: 10

having issues CL ramping up and down my pwm fans.

My setup
vadar fans power and ground going to motherboard and tach and pwm going to commander pro. (this setup i used because the vadars are part of the EK MLC (aka ek predator) regardless the command pro is getting the tach and pwm signal.

unless i set the fans to 0 or max the speed fluctuates and never stays consistent. Sometimes when they are set to 0 the fans dont spin but CL has the rpm going all over the place.

I've tried configuring the commander pro to auto, 3 pin, and 4pin and no change (3 pin shouldn't work anyway)

Old 03-24-2018, 04:26 AM
kingzize's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946260
kingzize Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by donalgodon View Post
I have used both versions and have never seen this bug. My screen times out as it should.

It has been a problem in many versions. You can find lots of people reporting the problem if you mind googling a bit. One example:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Corsair/com...P1&sh=21bcce75

Old 03-24-2018, 08:47 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946286
DevBiker Reputation: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cal View Post
having issues CL ramping up and down my pwm fans.

My setup
vadar fans power and ground going to motherboard and tach and pwm going to commander pro. (this setup i used because the vadars are part of the EK MLC (aka ek predator) regardless the command pro is getting the tach and pwm signal.

unless i set the fans to 0 or max the speed fluctuates and never stays consistent. Sometimes when they are set to 0 the fans dont spin but CL has the rpm going all over the place.

I've tried configuring the commander pro to auto, 3 pin, and 4pin and no change (3 pin shouldn't work anyway)
But your voltage is coming from the motherboard? Are you sure that those fans are getting the full 12v at all times? If the incoming voltage is variable, it's going to play havoc with your fan speeds. And since you don't have the voltage line coming from the CoPro, you've introduced a level of unknown variability into the system. Not having the ground connected may also present issues.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 03-24-2018, 02:41 PM
brijoshoo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946327
brijoshoo Reputation: 10

I seem to be having a problem where if I install Corsair Link 4 the all my menu's in Windows 10 start lagging and taking up to 5 seconds to open. What I am talking about is right click menus and the up arrow next to the clock. I don't keep a bunch of stuff running on my system, only 5 programs and Corsair link was to be the 6th to control my CPU fans. I've spent a lot of money on this system and others and now am thinking i've been using the wrong brand the whole time for my CPU cooler. Is there a fix for not only this but the constant HDD and CPU usage? This program alone turns my computer into a pile of crap! PLEASE FIX THIS!!! I've been waiting an awful long time for these problems to be addressed, over a year. As a system builder and computer enthusiast I can tell you this is hurting your companies bottom line, I'll never buy another corsair product until customer complaints are taken more seriously. I've spent THOUSANDS on my computer systems only for them to be bashed by this crappy fan controller. I have the Z chipset and don't even overclock my main PC because I don't want to install corsair link 4 and set the pumps and fans to run faster, it cripples my system and others I have built.

Can someone respond to these concerns?

Old 03-24-2018, 03:41 PM
Cpt.Krk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946337
Cpt.Krk Reputation: 10

Same here. H150i Pro with Windows10 x64 and nothing is working.

At some point it's working after clicking for a thousand times on apply. But after a sleep the settings are gone.
Definetly an issue with the new Corsair Link.. Hope there will be a fix soon.

Old 03-24-2018, 05:09 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946354
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Krk View Post
But after a sleep the settings are gone.
Definetly an issue with the new Corsair Link.. Hope there will be a fix soon.
Unfortunately, that is a separate issue and may occur on prior versions of Link as well. However, that one can usually be resolved by restarting Link (and its corresponding service) which doesn't always fire back up on wake.

The hopelessly locked issue is different and no amount of rebooting, relaunching, or re-configuring seems to effect change.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:09 PM
Mapantz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946364
Mapantz Reputation: 10

Changloge: No new features.

What are those two new lighting modes for LL fans, then?

Rainbow wave (channel effect) although you could access that mode if you closed link anyway. But, it's now showing in the drop-down menu.

Also, Color Warp.

Are they not considered new features?

Old 03-25-2018, 03:37 AM
herman82's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946394
herman82 Reputation: 17

Version: v4.9.6.19
Windows 10 Pro x64

My AX760i that is connected to my H100i (fw: 1.1.3) is not detected, same as previous versions. Last working version: v4.6.0.86

Is this no longer a supported configuration? Is this a known issue? Can you confirm the issue or that you have read my report? Is this the right forum to report issues with new link versions?

Old 03-25-2018, 07:13 AM
Talon1
Talon1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946406
Talon1 Reputation: 10

Thank you. It seems to be working fine on my setup.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:11 PM
firerx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946477
firerx Reputation: 10

Jeez , this is getting old, the Pump and Fan info still missing on my H80i on thisd build.

Closed Thread