The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2018, 11:53 AM
CBL's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936269
CBL Reputation: 10

Event Viewer shows some App Errors (1000) CL4 / KERNELBASE.DLL coupled with NET Runtime Errors (1026) and some Service Control Manager (7031-7032) Errors where it tries to load CL again but fails because the instance is already running.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:06 PM
--Nemo--'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 936282
--Nemo-- Reputation: 10

Having issues with the driver being disabled every time i reboot. Running Asus Aura and AI Tuner and CUE.

Old 01-22-2018, 05:43 AM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936690
momorious Reputation: 12

Version of your Link software: 4.9.4.28
What version of Windows you're using: Windows 10 Pro 1703 x64
Summary: HDD clicks every 5 seconds because of CPUID SDK
Detailed description of the issue: Every 5 seconds the HDD clicks. As explained in another thread this seems to be caused by the CPUID SDK which Link uses for hardware monitoring. It was reproduced by a Corsair employee 2 months ago but we still dont have a fix or the workaround to disable specific monitoring.

Any news on this?

Old 01-22-2018, 02:46 PM
BEAST
seanangelo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936789
seanangelo Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by momorious View Post
Version of your Link software: 4.9.4.28
What version of Windows you're using: Windows 10 Pro 1703 x64
Summary: HDD clicks every 5 seconds because of CPUID SDK
Detailed description of the issue: Every 5 seconds the HDD clicks. As explained in another thread this seems to be caused by the CPUID SDK which Link uses for hardware monitoring. It was reproduced by a Corsair employee 2 months ago but we still dont have a fix or the workaround to disable specific monitoring.

Any news on this?
I believe the fix is still on-going. I have installed 4.2.2.27, I found a topic where a user reported that it was the last version that made the hard drives enter sleep state.

Old 01-22-2018, 02:53 PM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936791

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanangelo View Post
I believe the fix is still on-going. I have installed 4.2.2.27, I found a topic where a user reported that it was the last version that made the hard drives enter sleep state.
Sleep state?
My HDD is set to never go into any kind of sleep state.
I read in another thread this HDD clicking is related to CPUID SDK. Not related to something with sleep state?!

Old 01-22-2018, 03:04 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936792
DevBiker Reputation: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by momorious View Post
Sleep state?
My HDD is set to never go into any kind of sleep state.
I read in another thread this HDD clicking is related to CPUID SDK. Not related to something with sleep state?!
It will, also, prevent the drive from sleeping, yes ... because the drive is active. And cause a clicking sound on some drives.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 01-22-2018, 03:11 PM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936794

Mhm, anyway - it was already said 2 months ago that they reproduced the issue and will provide an option to disable some monitoring as a workaround and that they will investigate further for a final fix.

As this was said already 2 months ago I just want some kind of ETA on this because I really cant live with this clicking noise and if they cant get the workaround in a new Link version very soon I will return all my Corsair stuff as long as I can and the deadline for that is 31st January so I need an update until then.

Old 01-23-2018, 03:54 PM
Baio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 937033
Baio Reputation: 10

Hi there, I'm using the last version of Corsair Link under Windows 7 64bit (latest update installed). I also run AIDA64.
My issue is: in the program configuration "start with Windows" is enabled, but the software does not run at startup. I can see the process running in Task Manager, but the SistemTray Icon does not appear and the fan control is not enabled...
Thanks in advance for you support!

Baio

Old 01-24-2018, 07:10 AM

POST ID # = 937152
Ingvarr100th Reputation: 10

What about Asus AURA Sync and conflict between AURA and Link?
At this time AURA illumination is lagging when DRAM is linked in AURA and Corsair Link Service is working.
Maybe there should be trigger that will disable control of RAM illumination on LINK (like in AURA)?

Old 01-25-2018, 08:06 AM

POST ID # = 937316
Bierdeife Reputation: 10

Just for example: Fans would never go over 30% speed even when the temperature is over 70°C, right?

Old 01-30-2018, 03:31 PM

POST ID # = 938153
goyete Reputation: 10

Hello, I have latest Corsair Link 4.9.4.28 in my computer with a new water cooling system H115i Pro (the new version with LED) on a Rampage VI Apex and the two fans goes with differents speeds althoug the same parameters are fixed in both fans.

The Fan1 makes what I want, if I change speeds or profile it adapts to these values but Fan2 don't listen its profile or speeds.

I have tried with and without the Copy option enabled between them but nothing.

I have tried to close Corsair Link several times and disabled the USB driver to "reset" the system but no success. The behaviour is always the same.

I attach some images of the situation, both parameters are fixed the same but Fan2 goes very fast without sense.

The system is connected ok, with the 3 pin to CPU fan, and the 2 FANS to the double 4 PIN of the system (with the external power supply of the SATA). The speed of the CPU fan of the motherboard is fixed to MAX speed (it would be nice that Corsair advise this aspect in the instructions because it's very important).

Thanks, any idea please????

Old 01-30-2018, 03:38 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 938157

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyete View Post
Hello, I have latest Corsair Link 4.9.4.28 in my computer with a new water cooling system H115i Pro (the new version with LED) on a Rampage VI Apex and the two fans goes with differents speeds althoug the same parameters are fixed in both fans.

The Fan1 makes what I want, if I change speeds or profile it adapts to these values but Fan2 don't listen its profile or speeds.

I have tried with and without the Copy option enabled between them but nothing.

I have tried to close Corsair Link several times and disabled the USB driver to "reset" the system but no success. The behaviour is always the same.

I attach some images of the situation, both parameters are fixed the same but Fan2 goes very fast without sense.

The system is connected ok, with the 3 pin to CPU fan, and the 2 FANS to the double 4 PIN of the system (with the external power supply of the SATA). The speed of the CPU fan of the motherboard is fixed to MAX speed (it would be nice that Corsair advise this aspect in the instructions because it's very important).

Thanks, any idea please????
First, the CPU Fan to max speed isn't relevant for the Pro series coolers. They are SATA powered so that's not a worry. Yay!

Now ... for the problem fan. It looks like the PWM control signal isn't getting to Fan 2 so it's spinning at max speed.

First, reverse them in the connector. Does the problem stay on Fan 2 (connector/pump issue) or does it go with the fan (fan issue)?

Also, inspect the connection to make sure that all four pins are present. Then take a look at the connector and make sure all are tight. Finally, examine the cable itself. Look for any dents or kinks in the cable; perhaps a bit of crushing (I've crushed fan cables before ... ugh). It would be only on that 4th cable/pin.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 01-30-2018, 03:46 PM

POST ID # = 938159

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
First, the CPU Fan to max speed isn't relevant for the Pro series coolers. They are SATA powered so that's not a worry. Yay!

Now ... for the problem fan. It looks like the PWM control signal isn't getting to Fan 2 so it's spinning at max speed.

First, reverse them in the connector. Does the problem stay on Fan 2 (connector/pump issue) or does it go with the fan (fan issue)?

Also, inspect the connection to make sure that all four pins are present. Then take a look at the connector and make sure all are tight. Finally, examine the cable itself. Look for any dents or kinks in the cable; perhaps a bit of crushing (I've crushed fan cables before ... ugh). It would be only on that 4th cable/pin.
Thank you for the info about the power supply for the Pro Series, I also have a 110i and that was a problem until I think on this question.

I think it's a software problem. The cables are ok, I installed them very very carefully as the other components. I could try to change fan cables but I'm sure that's not the problem.

After posting the other post, I have tried to change the profile from the Corsair Link icon near the hour zone and it goes good, both fans goes at the correct speed.

When you enter manually in Fan2 and change paramenters, it "broke" again until you change the profile from the Corsair Link icon. So that's why I think its a software problem, not hardware problem.

Thanks!!

Old 01-30-2018, 04:22 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 938164

Quote:
After posting the other post, I have tried to change the profile from the Corsair Link icon near the hour zone and it goes good, both fans goes at the correct speed.
That's odd because that's Link ... no different from the UI. So ... you switch the entire profile, it works but when you change settings inside of a single profile, it doesn't.

Quote:
When you enter manually in Fan2 and change paramenters, it "broke" again until you change the profile from the Corsair Link icon. So that's why I think its a software problem, not hardware problem.
Thanks!!
Based on what you said previously ... perhaps. Rather than assume, go ahead and switch them anyway to make sure that we rule it out.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 01-30-2018, 04:29 PM

POST ID # = 938165

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
That's odd because that's Link ... no different from the UI. So ... you switch the entire profile, it works but when you change settings inside of a single profile, it doesn't.

Based on what you said previously ... perhaps. Rather than assume, go ahead and switch them anyway to make sure that we rule it out.
I'll do tomorrow and I'll post here results. Another cuestion, it's not possible to assign the H115i Pro temp tp fans and CPUpackage temp to LED simultaneously?

If not, it would be nice. In my case I have a 7820x and 7900x with important temp differences between package CPU temp and real water temp of the H115i Pro (still both not delidded).

Thanks!

Closed Thread