The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2017, 03:31 PM
MrBeer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 929953
MrBeer Reputation: 10

why can't they put in a option to stop monitor hdd. If they can't put in that option they should not have made the software.Can someone at corsair tell me why.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:04 PM
DvdG's PC Specs

POST ID # = 929984
DvdG Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
I do, yes, yes, I definitely do. Guilty as charged. I also love my HD fans. And I'm eyeing some LL fans that I'm sure I'll love too. But ML for radiators, definitely. The performance is excellent and, even at high speed, they are relatively quiet. Up to about 60% or so, they are almost silent.

Yes, I have an H100i v2. I have 2 ML-120s (from the twin pack, not the Pro versions) on my radiator that are plugged in to my radiator control.
Here's my full diagram:

I am planning on replacing the DC fans with 4 LL fans ... eventually.
The SP120s that I previously mentioned that I had (mistakenly) gotten are being used on the fronts of 2 Icy Dock hot-swap drive bays; it uses DC control for the high/low speed switch so they work well there and keep my server's drives cool. That said, I do plan on replacing those (at some point) with ML RGBs connected to a Commander Pro. I'd have all of this now but I'd rather stay married for a little while longer at least.
Thanks again for the help! Gotta be honest, I kind of regret getting a Commander Pro instead of two MLs for the radiator. The commander Pro just adds more wiring and causes a hurricane on boot. The Link software is unpolished and cluttered and I'd rather not have to deal with it.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:33 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 929990
DevBiker Reputation: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvdG View Post
Thanks again for the help! Gotta be honest, I kind of regret getting a Commander Pro instead of two MLs for the radiator. The commander Pro just adds more wiring and causes a hurricane on boot. The Link software is unpolished and cluttered and I'd rather not have to deal with it.

I am becoming quite a fan of the CLCP as well. I really like the way that it's provided insight into temps in various parts of the system and also allows me to control fan speeds based on those temperatures. That, coupled with copying fan profiles in Link, has really been useful for me, even if RPM-based control and the 4000 RPM ceiling in the fan curve configuration annoys me (and it does). Even before I had the CLCP, I tweaked case fan speeds based on internal case temps; I used a temp probe that plugged in to my motherboard. But it was only one and it was difficult for me to experiment with getting things just right balancing noise and temperatures. CLCP has let me do that. I'm planning on getting a second one for my server - I'll use it to monitor temps in the hard drive cages and control some RGB ML fans cooling the drives. Those fans are, right now, the loudest in my office and they are plucking my nerves.
That said ... I totally feel ya with the hurricane. I've gotten pretty OCD with reducing unnecessary fan noise in my old age.

Old 12-10-2017, 11:23 PM
DvdG's PC Specs

POST ID # = 929996

Quote:

I am becoming quite a fan of the CLCP as well. I really like the way that it's provided insight into temps in various parts of the system and also allows me to control fan speeds based on those temperatures. That, coupled with copying fan profiles in Link, has really been useful for me, even if RPM-based control and the 4000 RPM ceiling in the fan curve configuration annoys me (and it does). Even before I had the CLCP, I tweaked case fan speeds based on internal case temps; I used a temp probe that plugged in to my motherboard. But it was only one and it was difficult for me to experiment with getting things just right balancing noise and temperatures. CLCP has let me do that. I'm planning on getting a second one for my server - I'll use it to monitor temps in the hard drive cages and control some RGB ML fans cooling the drives. Those fans are, right now, the loudest in my office and they are plucking my nerves.
That said ... I totally feel ya with the hurricane. I've gotten pretty OCD with reducing unnecessary fan noise in my old age.
I cant make up my mind right now, I have to sleep on it some more. I've got a couple options right now:

1) Deal with the boot hurricane and don't spend another dime.
2) Ditch the Commander Pro and get two ML's for my radiator, this will get rid of the boot hurricane but render my Commander purchase a complete waste in addition to having to spend another 60ish euros on MLss.
3) Keep using the Commander but replace all six fans with MLs, this will reduce boot noise while still using the benefits of my Commander purchase. This will cost me another wopping 200ish euros.

My head hurts thinking about this, each of these options is gonna leave me salty for different reasons.

Last edited by DvdG; 12-10-2017 at 11:26 PM.

Old 12-10-2017, 11:42 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 929999
DevBiker Reputation: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvdG View Post
I cant make up my mind right now, I have to sleep on it some more. I've got a couple options right now:

1) Deal with the boot hurricane and don't spend another dime.
2) Ditch the Commander Pro and get two ML's for my radiator, this will get rid of the boot hurricane but render my Commander purchase a complete waste in addition to having to spend another 60ish euros on MLss.
3) Keep using the Commander but replace all six fans with MLs, this will reduce boot noise while still using the benefits of my Commander purchase. This will cost me another wopping 200ish euros.

My head hurts thinking about this, each of these options is gonna leave me salty for different reasons.
Option 4: Get MLs for the radiator and connect them to the cooler. Keep the rest and tie the speeds to CLCP based temperatures. Use the temperature probes to monitor ambient temperatures to make sure everything is properly cooled. You'll have a brief hurricane (DC fans do need a "push" to make sure they start) but that's it.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:20 AM
DvdG's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930071

Quote:
Option 4: Get MLs for the radiator and connect them to the cooler. Keep the rest and tie the speeds to CLCP based temperatures. Use the temperature probes to monitor ambient temperatures to make sure everything is properly cooled. You'll have a brief hurricane (DC fans do need a "push" to make sure they start) but that's it.
I'm gonna play around with the temperature probe now. :]

Edit: lodging a temperature probe in the center of the radiator actually solved my boot whirlwind problem. :D

Now when they fix the lighting I will have zero complaints!

Last edited by DvdG; 12-11-2017 at 11:42 AM.

Old 12-11-2017, 11:07 AM
Goa's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930081
Goa Reputation: 10

New update didnt fix my problems. It has still some temps that does not exist in my pc and it does not start with windows? Any fix for these?

Old 12-11-2017, 02:02 PM
klatoo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930108
klatoo Reputation: 10

I'm gonna say 99% of my issues with the old Link software are fixed with the new Link software. I haven't restarted my computer yet so this number could be lower. At first, after installing 4.9.3.25, CPU usage was less the 2 GHz. Now after several hours of surfing and whatnot, it's back to running full speed and lagging when switching programs again. I have Chrome open, and Link running in the background. My 6700K is acting like a obese kid running a 10K in Atlanta after it rained in the summer.

Old 12-11-2017, 02:50 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930122
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonyfrn View Post
Started using this again after a long time noticed with my ROG M8 Hero it shows I have 10 fans when I only have 4 case fans installed. think its easier to just check out the screenshot.
This is unfortunately something that comes up sometimes with the new versions of the CPUID SDK that get baked in. We're looking at adding a way to hide/disable individual sensors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashofmyflesh View Post
Hi corsair,

Link runs fine now with 49325.

Things I still miss in Link:

- hardware playback for my sp-rgb-fans (hope next update brings the fix)
- my corsair rgb ram and the hi115 led should be controlable with the lighting settings where the rest of the rgb stuff is found in the commander pro menu.
- corsair rgb ram may be controlled via asus aura software, can you do this for the sp fans too?
- can you make corsair link remember the window size it was closed? always have to reset the windows size.

I really appreciate the work of the last months you spend with the link software and its hardware. thx guys.
- Hardware playback is coming back in a future version, not too long from now.
- LEDs are typically organized by device. I'm working on a small UI update to clarify this some.
- Unfortunately, it's a very large headache getting motherboard vendors to properly support our products. Given our resources, we have to apply them to trying to make our existing software the best it can be.
- I get a lot of people complaining about this. Let me see what I can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapantz View Post
I still don't understand why the highlighted temperatures were added in the last version. They are pointless and make it cluttered and confusing.

- It stems from updates to the CPUID SDK we use. In the developer's defense, imagine all the different software configurations they have to support. Bogus sensor readings are a relatively mild side effect, all things considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudar View Post
"Mechanical hard disks may not enter sleep state."

does this mean HDDs now spin down normally!??? finally?
I wish. Still working on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman82 View Post
Version: v4.9.3.25
Windows 10 Pro x64

My AX760i that is connected to my H100i (fw: 1.1.3) is not detected, same as previous versions. Last working version: v4.6.0.86

@Technobeard: Can you comfirm that you have seen in this forum that it is not working? Are you aware it is a bug? Why is it not in known bugs? Is it no longer a supported setup?
So we're aware of this, but it's extremely difficult to reproduce and support. Part of the problem is that the Link port on the H100i is inherently kind of flaky (part of why we moved away from using that port). Unfortunately the only solution I can provide is to plug the AX760i directly into your motherboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie_Jardine View Post
Not sure why this app doesn't support x64 as most users will have an x64 based system.

One feature i want to see it the future is the ability to resize the window so it doesn't hide behind the Taskbar.

What happened to Sync It?
- For the longest time, x64 just wasn't necessary. Currently the only CPU that requires it to see all the cores is the i9-7980XE.
- See notes to another user above.
- "Sync It" is still in development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olensis View Post
no bugs on my side, thx corsair!

i would add:
-option to turn off fans under certain conditions
-test fan speeds so you might set them below the min-pwm
-option to turn off RAM-RGB-Control and more RGB options for RAM (like dimming)
-no rainbow startup/shut down fan lighting or manual control
- As other users have mentioned, Commander PRO already does this. Unless you want the LEDs to turn off, which is another matter entirely.
- I'd like to implement something like this, but it's low priority.
- Right now, the best way to "dim" RGB DRAM is to just reduce the RGB values, which has the same effect.
- Hardware playback is coming baaaack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeer View Post
why can't they put in a option to stop monitor hdd. If they can't put in that option they should not have made the software.Can someone at corsair tell me why.
- This is a feature I've requested to be added in a future version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatoo View Post
I'm gonna say 99% of my issues with the old Link software are fixed with the new Link software. I haven't restarted my computer yet so this number could be lower. At first, after installing 4.9.3.25, CPU usage was less the 2 GHz. Now after several hours of surfing and whatnot, it's back to running full speed and lagging when switching programs again. I have Chrome open, and Link running in the background. My 6700K is acting like a obese kid running a 10K in Atlanta after it rained in the summer.
- We're aware of the potential for Link to have a "CPU leak" on some systems. This is something we're working on; the next version might have the fix you're looking for. But double-check Task Manager - is it Link specifically that's hammering your CPU or something else?

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:02 PM
klatoo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930152
klatoo Reputation: 10

@Dustin

Link and Trend Micro each pulling about 3–5% CPU and about 200-250MB memory. Link started around 140’s I think when first installed and slowly creeped up throughout afternoon. Together when gaming FPS in 20’s even when OC’d so I had to exit our to game.

My fans never disappeared like last time however a few times it would turn my color profile from Arc to Rainbow Wave when put to sleep. Found that strange.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:22 PM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930170
SpeedyV Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashofmyflesh View Post

Things I still miss in Link:

- can you make corsair link remember the window size it was closed? always have to reset the windows size.
People have been asking about this for YEARS. Literally. How hard could this be??

Old 12-12-2017, 06:49 AM

POST ID # = 930206
Snapper65 Reputation: 10
Default Double GPUs

Under this current version of link, there are now two GPU's showing

I only have one installed

Is there something i can do to fix this?

Thanks

Old 12-12-2017, 07:58 AM
c3k's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930212
c3k Reputation: 10

v4.9.3.25 finally has my radiator fan profile working properly. I have noticed an issue with coming out of sleep: there is a 3-5 second period when my mouse is unresponsive. This is new behavior. After that initial period, all seems to be normal.

Old 12-12-2017, 12:44 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930236
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatoo View Post
@Dustin

Link and Trend Micro each pulling about 3–5% CPU and about 200-250MB memory. Link started around 140’s I think when first installed and slowly creeped up throughout afternoon. Together when gaming FPS in 20’s even when OC’d so I had to exit our to game.

My fans never disappeared like last time however a few times it would turn my color profile from Arc to Rainbow Wave when put to sleep. Found that strange.
So Link started to pull more and more system memory? I need more data to diagnose. One of the bugs we've observed in an internal build is the possibility of Link maxing out a single thread on the CPU.

That sleep behavior is normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyV View Post
People have been asking about this for YEARS. Literally. How hard could this be??
I put in to have it fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper65 View Post
Under this current version of link, there are now two GPU's showing

I only have one installed

Is there something i can do to fix this?

Thanks
This is listed under "known issues."

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:00 PM

POST ID # = 930285
yayrah Reputation: 10
Default Corsair LL 120 fans not lighting up

With this new update my corsair LL 120 fans have not been lighting up. Only one of my five fans are detectable and is lighting up. I do have an AMD chip set.

Closed Thread