Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2016, 05:36 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 864676
red-ray Reputation: 81
Question Why has not been released after 14 months?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaithK View Post
The response was>
Some Corsair responses don't seem to add up and I wonder how accurate they are .

I logged the http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134621 firmware issue as ticket #6560108 and one response is:

Quote:
Created By: J**** TS (5/27/2015 2:06 PM)

There is a new firmware in the works that is currently undergoing testing.
Why has not been released after 14 months?

Old 07-29-2016, 07:29 AM
JohnHind's PC Specs

POST ID # = 864690
JohnHind Reputation: 16
Angry Another disappointing release!

Two things you really must get into the next release (and I'm boycotting any further Corsair hardware purchases until you at least promise to do them at some point in the not too distant future!):

1. The ability to switch fans off as well as to control their speed. It is completely ridiculous that this feature is missing as anybody buying a fan speed controller would expect to be able to switch a fan off with it! Furthermore are you artificially limiting the control range? I bought a pair of ML120 fans which are specified to have a control range of 2000RPM, but the range I actually get with Corsair Link is only 750-2320RPM (1570RPM range).

2. Proper support for the RMi series PSUs. Why can we see power in and power out, voltage and current on each DC rail and calculated efficiency, but ONLY on the specific device display off the home page? It is just idiotic that only the fan speed and the temperature are implemented on the integrated Configure display, when all this wealth of information is already available within the program. How much effort can it be to implement the rest of the virtual indicators?

Corsair makes great hardware and the ability of Corsair Link to display live indicators over a picture of the user's system is brilliant. But these are continually being let down by stupid limitations and slow pace of development in Corsair Link, and this is getting to the point were a trades descriptions act prosecution would be in order - you cannot go on advertising features when the user cannot actually use them since they've not been implemented in the software!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:34 PM
slyphnier's PC Specs

POST ID # = 864766
slyphnier Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHind View Post
Two things you really must get into the next release (and I'm boycotting any further Corsair hardware purchases until you at least promise to do them at some point in the not too distant future!):

1. The ability to switch fans off as well as to control their speed. It is completely ridiculous that this feature is missing as anybody buying a fan speed controller would expect to be able to switch a fan off with it! Furthermore are you artificially limiting the control range? I bought a pair of ML120 fans which are specified to have a control range of 2000RPM, but the range I actually get with Corsair Link is only 750-2320RPM (1570RPM range).

2. Proper support for the RMi series PSUs. Why can we see power in and power out, voltage and current on each DC rail and calculated efficiency, but ONLY on the specific device display off the home page? It is just idiotic that only the fan speed and the temperature are implemented on the integrated Configure display, when all this wealth of information is already available within the program. How much effort can it be to implement the rest of the virtual indicators?

Corsair makes great hardware and the ability of Corsair Link to display live indicators over a picture of the user's system is brilliant. But these are continually being let down by stupid limitations and slow pace of development in Corsair Link, and this is getting to the point were a trades descriptions act prosecution would be in order - you cannot go on advertising features when the user cannot actually use them since they've not been implemented in the software!
i am not defending corsair, just check my post, even i got bad experience with their H80i cooler, but

1. there only few people, if not only you that wanting the fan off feature
did you ever know how the RPM fan works ?
what they marketing is 2000RPM fan-speed not feature that you can control any rpm in 2000range

i am curious why you wanting to turn off fan, if for noise reason, at the lowest step (750rpm?) you should barely hear it
and for fan lifespan, like other motorize device, most said it better to keep spinning rather than on/off.

2. i am not really sure what you mean, but you want those power out, voltage in home/main screen?
its just one click away to see those right ?
but for this, i think, its would be great if corsair support API for their corsair link service, not sure if they already did or not
with that, we can pull off data to own made program or desktop custom software like rainmeter

Old 07-29-2016, 02:53 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 864770
Question Corsair Fan boy alert?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyphnier View Post
i am not defending corsair, just check my post, even i got bad experience with their H80i cooler, but
  1. there only few people, if not only you that wanting the fan off feature did you ever know how the RPM fan works ?
  2. i am not really sure what you mean, but you want those power out, voltage in home/main screen?
  3. its just one click away to see those right ?
  4. it would be great if corsair support API for their corsair link service, not sure if they already did or not
Yes you are, your post lacks structure and I can't check your post as you failed to link to it. To reply at all I needed to give it structure and in general you need to include links or quotes to justify your opinions.
  1. Had you checked you would have found there are lots who would like CL Mini zero RPM support and they would also like all the existing CL Mini firmware issues addressed. Corsair say they will release firmware corrections then fail to do this, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=864676, the firmware section in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=864149 and follow the links. Some firmware issues have been outstanding since 20-Nov-2014 which is appalling.
  2. It's obvious. All the values that are available on the PSU details screen should be available on the [Configure] tab. CL4 should have had this from day one and I am at a loss as to why it did not. Corsair have also failed to respond to my post asking for this.
  3. Incorrect. From the [Configure] tab it's two clicks, further to get back to [Configure] is also two clicks and on this system it takes over 15 seconds to go from the [Home] to [Configure] tab which is way too long. Corsair have also failed to respond to my post about this.
  4. There is currently no Corsair Link API that provides sensor information.
  5. PSUs have zero RPM support so clearly zero RPM is sensible.
  6. There is no way for you to know this, but the posts requesting zero RPM support are just the tip of the iceberg and I have lost count of the number of requests I have had to add CL Mini zero RPM support to SIV. Obviously I can't do this as the CL Mini firmware fails to support it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
48. Only my AX1500i + AX760i PSU Temp and fan speed are available on [Configure]. All the PSU information should be, epically so for the Power and Efficiency.
Quote:
6. When I switch from [Home] to [Configure] it takes about 15 seconds when I have all my CL hardware connected. This is far longer than is acceptable.
Quote:
Zero RPM Fan Mode for silent operation at low and medium loads

Last edited by red-ray; 07-30-2016 at 08:39 AM. Reason: 20-Nov-2014

Old 07-29-2016, 09:18 PM
will_s's PC Specs

POST ID # = 864804
will_s Reputation: 10

Just built new system and it died .... but have reinstalled Win10 and link software and noticed that it doesnt display the M.2 Samsung 950 drive. Just put my SSD's back on and it shows them....funny thing is it shows my Corsair SSD at 30C but my Samsung 850 at 19C
Its not a worry or anything just thought I would post it here

Old 07-30-2016, 05:27 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 864833
Thumbs up NVMe support was added to the CPUID SDK yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by will_s View Post
noticed that it doesnt display the M.2 Samsung 950 drive.
Basically CL4 uses the CPUID SDK to get disk temperatures and it did not support NVMe drives such as your Samsung 950 'till yesterday.

I know this as I was working with Franck to resolve CPUID SDK HWM issues I had on my system, mentioned NVMe to him and gave him some of the SIV NVMe code. I have a test version of HWM that reports my NVMe disk drive temperature.

The net effect should be that the next CL4 release should have NVMe support without Corsair needing to do anything at all to the CL4 code, so should actually happen .

If Corsair released the latest build of C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4\cpuidsdk.dll NVMe reporting would work for all existing CL4 releases.

Last edited by red-ray; 07-30-2016 at 05:32 AM.

Old 07-30-2016, 08:18 AM
JohnHind's PC Specs

POST ID # = 864876

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyphnier View Post

1. there only few people, if not only you that wanting the fan off feature
did you ever know how the RPM fan works ?
what they marketing is 2000RPM fan-speed not feature that you can control any rpm in 2000range

i am curious why you wanting to turn off fan, if for noise reason, at the lowest step (750rpm?) you should barely hear it
and for fan lifespan, like other motorize device, most said it better to keep spinning rather than on/off.

its just one click away to see those right ?
but for this, i think, its would be great if corsair support API for their corsair link service, not sure if they already did or not
with that, we can pull off data to own made program or desktop custom software like rainmeter
@red-ray has already answered most points better than I could, but a few additional points and amplifications:

1. It does not make sense to frequently switch fans on and off, but with a modern PC it does make sense to have fans that are off most of the time and only come on when the PC is really stressed like doing a render. Ideally there'd be a hysteresis or minimum on time setting, but lets walk before we climb.

Check out the ML spec: ML120 PRO. Quote: "Extensive Control Range. A 2,000 RPM control range gives you total control between low noise and absolute performance". Clearly implies a 2000 RPM difference between the stall speed and the maximum speed.

I am controlling my fans from an H80i Liquid Cooler with an extra cable to allow control of 4 fans. I do not have a CL mini, so if zero-speed is a firmware limitation it is in multiple products. I suspect that CL software takes a least-common-denominator approach and none of us will get this feature until all can use it.

2 The good feature in CL, which keeps me using it rather than experimenting with alternatives, is the Configure (SIC) view which enables you to monitor all relevant parameters together on on display overlaid on a picture of your actual system so you can place virtual indicators in the relevant location. It is completely stupid that FOR CORSAIR's OWN HARDWARE it does not allow display of all the measurements that the hardware offers. I appreciate it is difficult to get data into the program, particularly from third-party hardware, but for goodness sakes when you've done the hard part why place artificial restrictions on what can be done with the data?

Here's mine:

(Picture taken before I substituted ML fans above and below the radiator)

Now how much nicer and more useful would that be if I could overlay the total Watts (a good proxy for how much heat will be generated, so an excellent fan control input), Efficiency and Amps for each output voltage?
Attached Images
File Type: png PCB_028.png (2.52 MB, 1250 views)

Old 07-30-2016, 08:52 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 864886
Arrow CL4 should also have different colours for low, medium and high values

Quote:
Now how much nicer and more useful would that be if I could overlay the total Watts (a good proxy for how much heat will be generated, so an excellent fan control input), Efficiency and Amps for each output voltage?
I just don't get how Corsair did not do this from day one. When I added LCD support to SIV it would have been harder not to have all the PSU information available!

CL4 should also have different user specified colours for low, medium and high values just as SIV does.

Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: png AX1500i PSU Information.png (14.9 KB, 1009 views)
File Type: png AX1500i PSU LCD Setup.png (105.6 KB, 1067 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 07-30-2016 at 08:56 AM.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:53 AM
RVxSpeed's PC Specs

POST ID # = 865164
RVxSpeed Reputation: 10

I have a question.
Am i suppose to see my ram(s) temperature through CL link?

Old 08-01-2016, 04:23 AM
JohnHind's PC Specs

POST ID # = 865175

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVxSpeed View Post
I do not get RAM temperature despite having Corsair memory (type CMY16GX3M2A1600C9). I guess it depends on having a temperature sensor on the RAM stick. I do not see that for these memory chips in other software either.

Last edited by JohnHind; 08-01-2016 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Add quote

Old 08-01-2016, 04:38 AM
JohnHind's PC Specs

POST ID # = 865176

Quote:
I just don't get how Corsair did not do this from day one. When I added LCD support to SIV it would have been harder not to have all the PSU information available!

CL4 should also have different user specified colours for low, medium and high values just as SIV does.
Any chance you would consider adding a "Configure" display to SIV? I'm sure you could do a much better job (hiding indicators not required, allowing creation of calculated indicators, colour indications, hysteresis and moving averages for fan control inputs etc.).

Old 08-01-2016, 05:08 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 865179
Thumbs down This is not a SIV thread

Quote:
Any chance you would consider adding a "Configure" display to SIV? I'm sure you could do a much better job (hiding indicators not required, allowing creation of calculated indicators, colour indications, hysteresis and moving averages for fan control inputs etc.).
Ask SIV questions in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140665. BTW I have no idea what the "Configure display" would configure, the panel in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=864886 is a configure display .

Last edited by red-ray; 08-01-2016 at 05:40 AM.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:38 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 865184
Arrow It should if they have MTS support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVxSpeed View Post
It should if they have MTS support. Do any utilities report them?

Were you to run my SIV utility and post the Menu->Hardware->SPD Summary + Menu->Hardware->SPD Thermal screen shots I could comment further.

You may also find http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=864155 interesting.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:26 PM
Laugher's PC Specs

POST ID # = 865905
Laugher Reputation: 10

Do you guys have multiple reports of corsair link service crashes in the reliability monitor too?

Old 08-05-2016, 03:34 PM
RVxSpeed's PC Specs

POST ID # = 865918
RVxSpeed Reputation: 10

Quote:
It should if they have MTS support. Do any utilities report them?

Were you to run my SIV utility and post the Menu->Hardware->SPD Summary + Menu->Hardware->SPD Thermal screen shots I could comment further.

You may also find http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=864155 interesting.
sorry i don't use SIV so can't report.
& no,i haven't seen any report on my ram temp with any utility.
I thought they had built in temp sensor & they update link to show the temps.
Guess i was expecting too much from my precious dominator platinum rams.
Although apart from appearance the rams gave me a very hard time.
moral of the story: never going to buy dominator series ram ever again.

Closed Thread