The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 04-17-2016, 06:04 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 847706
red-ray Reputation: 81
Default The H110i is later than the H110iGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiltyn View Post
Amazon is claiming the H110i is the newer model and I'm not sure if that is correct or not.
Yes, the H110i is later than the H110iGT.

I can work out what the 8D means, but the Tool Tip is easier.

Old 04-18-2016, 03:31 PM
Nitrotoxin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 847824
Nitrotoxin Reputation: 20
Thumbs up Link Software

So far I am running, 2 commander mini's, 2 of the Corsair Vengeance RGB FAN coolers, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Platinum 2400 RAM sticks, 6 LINK RGB LED strips, a Corsair 1200 Power supply, and an H100i V2 CPU Cooler, everything is working PERFECTLY with this latest build on my EVGA x79 Dark Motherboard. I did have to add an NZXT USB header extension for more internal Type A USB headers, but other than that, my system is running GREAT! Sorry that so many others are having issue but all I can say is my system is doing awesome with this setup. For the record I am using the AIR 540 Case, 2x EVGA 780ti Classified Video Cards, 7 Corsair case fans, all so very quiet, and the Corsair k70 keyboard. I am loving Corsair's hardware. you guys ROCK! Custom power cable kit is on order! :P

Last edited by Nitrotoxin; 04-18-2016 at 03:48 PM.

Old 04-19-2016, 04:23 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 847923
Thumbs down Corsair did not even reply to your post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrotoxin View Post
other than that, my system is running GREAT!
you guys ROCK!
Quote:
I am using the new H100i v2 is there a way to make the CPU cooler LED strobe or fade to different colors?
Really? Corsair did not even reply to your post.

How did you manage to make the H100iV2 LEDs strobe or fade?

Old 04-19-2016, 07:51 PM
DaScorpi0n's PC Specs

POST ID # = 848123
DaScorpi0n Reputation: 11
Default I'm really liking Link v4!

This is a vast improvement over the old Link system. I had to fiddle around in regedit for my H100i to work properly using the old Link.

I love the UI now as well with the different tabs to view. And just like the old Link, I love the view of the case with the temps and fans on it. They have improved it a little now by adding a grid so if you have a little OCD like me, makes positioning the icons a 'snap'!

I was contemplating getting a NZXT Kraken cooler like a friend of mine did. He stated that the UI was "A LOT BETTER" than Corsair Link, but this new update has made me change my mind!

Oh also, the background for the new Link is EXACTLY THE SAME as my Desktop background

Old 04-20-2016, 01:43 AM
Nitrotoxin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 848171
Default LED's Strobe & Fade

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
Really? Corsair did not even reply to your post.

How did you manage to make the H100iV2 LEDs strobe or fade?
I asked the question before I bought the commander mini's and the new Corasir light kits. After installing them I am fading the LED light kits with the LINK software. It's not as nice of a functionality as the NZXT kit, but the LED's are MUCH better in the Corsair kits. Tomorrow I hook up one commander mini as Green to Blue fade and the other as Blue to Green, I will post when I am done. The Corsair LED stays WHITE same as the EVGA LED on my video cards so it blends in well as that even though you can change the Corsair LED to any color, or have it change per temp. It would be easy to expand that functionality if the developers decided to do so, which I hope in future updates they will do.

Last edited by Nitrotoxin; 04-20-2016 at 01:47 AM.

Old 04-20-2016, 02:56 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 848178
Arrow You missed my point. "Guys who ROCK" would answer posts.

Quote:
I asked the question before I bought the commander mini's and the new Corasir light kits.
You missed my point. "Guys who ROCK" would have answered your post and Corsair didn't.

Ever since Corsair Dustin moved on from dealing with Corsair Link on 01-Jan-2016 the support from Corsair for CL4/CL3 has been far less than it was. Do Corsair have any plans to address this?

Last edited by red-ray; 04-20-2016 at 10:57 AM. Reason: typo

Old 04-20-2016, 10:39 AM
Weedbreather's PC Specs

POST ID # = 848233
Weedbreather Reputation: 11
Angry Should I ask for a descent response to my problem with the latest link software???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedbreather View Post
Custom profiles only work when link is running, otherwise they stick to the last rpm before closing link. This is very disappointing, my cpu reached over 70 degrees celsius!!!

I hasetate to use custom profiles because it doesn't work, this is why I got my H80i and not one from another company.
I am very disappointed to say the least that the link software never worked as advertised, even more disappointed about the response on this forum!!!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:11 PM
Nitrotoxin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 848334

Quote:
You missed my point. "Guys who ROCK" would have answered your post and Corsair didn't.

Ever since Corsair Dustin moved on from dealing with Corsair Link on 01-Jan-2016 the support from Corsair for CL4/CL3 has been far less than it was. Do Corsair have any plans to address this?

True that, I completely agree with you!

Old 04-21-2016, 01:00 PM
evilmaster's PC Specs

POST ID # = 848413
evilmaster Reputation: 15

Since very little has changed for me with this version I'll just leave this here: Issues

What does work (might have worked before, but I hadn't noticed it then) is the temperature based LED colors. It's NOT displaying the correct color in the software however, this worked fine in CL3.

As to why CorsairLink4.Service is using the disk all the time... I found a fix for that.

In %ProgramFiles(x86)%\CorsairLink4 there's a file called NLog.config
Edit this file and remove both of the lines starting with <logger ... This stops the logging and my disk is happy again. The log file it had written was ~200 MB (*.log located in %ProgramData%\CLink4).

Terrible.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:44 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 848504
Thumbs down Probably the development/debug version

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmaster View Post
In %ProgramFiles(x86)%\CorsairLink4 there's a file called NLog.config
Edit this file and remove both of the lines starting with <logger ... This stops the logging and my disk is happy again. The log file it had written was ~200 MB (*.log located in %ProgramData%\CLink4).
I had a quick read of https://github.com/nlog/NLog/wiki/Targets and concluded the shipped NLog.config is probably the development/debug version and this being shipped is poor.

I feel totally deleting the lines is probably not ideal and feel changing the rules to as below would be better.

Code:
  <rules>
    <logger name="*" minlevel="Error" writeTo="flog" />
  </rules>
So that any errors still get logged. Having the <logger name="*" minlevel="Debug" writeTo="clog" /> in the released file is inappropriate and I wondered if this could be causing the excessive CPU usage so after changing it to as above I checked. It did not make much if any difference and the service is still using way too much CPU time .
Quote:
When I exited CL 4.2.2.27 it was also holding the lock

Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: png Still using loads of CPU time.png (47.8 KB, 807 views)
File Type: png Still failing to release the lock.png (47.3 KB, 791 views)

Old 04-22-2016, 12:50 PM
evilmaster's PC Specs

POST ID # = 848553
evilmaster Reputation: 15

Quote:
I had a quick read of https://github.com/nlog/NLog/wiki/Targets and concluded the shipped NLog.config is probably the development/debug version and this being shipped is poor.

I feel totally deleting the lines is probably not ideal and feel changing the rules to as below would be better.

Code:
  <rules>
    <logger name="*" minlevel="Error" writeTo="flog" />
  </rules>
I never thought of looking up the different logging options available. Setting it to Error is definitely better and might actually be useful.

Have you checked if the service, or anything else, is compiled in debug or release mode? That would increase the CPU usage no doubt, and it would not surprise me at all...

Old 04-22-2016, 02:38 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 848576
Thumbs down Using C#/.NET for the service is a poor implementation

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmaster View Post
Have you checked if the service, or anything else, is compiled in debug or release mode? That would increase the CPU usage no doubt, and it would not surprise me at all...
No, I don't use CL to control my hardware at all and figure it's almost a lost cause. Using C#/.NET for the service is a poor implementation and probably half the reason it's CPU hungry.

CL4 also seems to use TCP to transfer information between the Service and GUI. I expect this also eats up CPU cycles and could be why CL4 uses at least 50% more CPU time than CL3.

Last edited by red-ray; 04-28-2016 at 05:42 AM. Reason: typo

Old 04-26-2016, 11:34 AM
F1le's PC Specs

POST ID # = 849178
F1le Reputation: 10

Guys, I got an issue. How I can create my own curve of the fans RPMs vs CPU Temperature? I have no idea how to do that. In Corsair Link v3 that was working fine, but it seems it vanished in v4? i got H100i

Old 04-26-2016, 01:06 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 849195
Default You should only ask once

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1le View Post
Guys, I got an issue. How I can create my own curve of the fans RPMs vs CPU Temperature? I have no idea how to do that. In Corsair Link v3 that was working fine, but it seems it vanished in v4? i got H100i
Duplicate of http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=849181?

Old 04-27-2016, 04:38 AM
ApexAU's PC Specs

POST ID # = 849304
ApexAU Reputation: 13

Just here for my regular monthly check-in to see if anything has changed with Link. Unfortunately the usual laundry list of bugs and glitches prevails along with Corsair's
cavalier attitude to providing a timely solution. I've since moved on to Aquasuite but would switch back to Link in a second if it actually worked. Fingers crossed fro next month!

Closed Thread