The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2016, 04:36 PM
Mark_K's PC Specs

POST ID # = 844473
Mark_K Reputation: 14

Red-ray, do you think that are really listening to you?
I wish they would.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:45 PM
Braxos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 844532
Braxos Reputation: 10

Redray

could check your AX1500i if it reports a firmware ? i had it on commander mini till latest version after that it is on a nzxt usb hub with the rest of the internal items, on both CL was saying AX1500i : not Applicable. is this normal or does the hub make it not recognized ?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AX1500 firmware.jpg (202.6 KB, 206 views)

Old 03-29-2016, 04:58 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 844561
red-ray Reputation: 81
Arrow You need to ask Corsair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braxos View Post
Redray

could check your AX1500i if it reports a firmware ? i had it on commander mini till latest version after that it is on a nzxt usb hub with the rest of the internal items, on both CL was saying AX1500i : not Applicable. is this normal or does the hub make it not recognized ?

Thanks
You need to ask Corsair what their hardware, firmware and software reports rather than asking me, though I doubt you will get a definitive sensible answer.

You could try searching for 13099520

Old 03-30-2016, 09:46 AM
Detection's PC Specs

POST ID # = 844774
Detection Reputation: 10

So... I installed an older version first, which kept asking me to reboot after detecting hardware, and after every reboot, it asked me to reboot again, I humoured it for 3 reboots then went looking for a newer version (Windows 10)

I have uninstalled the previous version, reinstalled it, uninstalled it again, done a file search for absolutely everything with Corsair in it's name and removed them, manually searched the registry for everything Corsair related and deleted it, and yet still I get this message

Old 03-30-2016, 11:07 AM
JohnOrion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 844780
JohnOrion Reputation: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detection View Post
So... I installed an older version first, which kept asking me to reboot after detecting hardware, and after every reboot, it asked me to reboot again, I humoured it for 3 reboots then went looking for a newer version (Windows 10)

I have uninstalled the previous version, reinstalled it, uninstalled it again, done a file search for absolutely everything with Corsair in it's name and removed them, manually searched the registry for everything Corsair related and deleted it, and yet still I get this message
CL3 installs 2 other drivers that it doesn't uninstall. Install CL3 again and use IOBit Uninstaller (free program but watch out it tries to install other IOBIT products so make sure you uncheck the additional software every time you see it while running the program) When you run the program do a search for Corsair. It will find 3 items. You will have to select all 3 and then select the "powerful scan" option ... during the uninstall it will try to restart your computer a couple of times ... just say no to restarting until all 3 items are gone and the powerful scan ran with all the entries it finds deleted. Once you have removed all 3 Corsair items it will install CL4.

I don't remember what the items were called in CL3 but if you want to know you can check back on the discussions of the previous version .. the first version of CL4 i think .. I posted in the discussion the 3 items CL3 installs that needs to be removed. In CL4 they are called Corsair Link4, Corsair Link USB Dongle and Windows Driver Package Corasir Components.

I believe the CL3 had Corsair Link 3, Corsair Link USB Dongle and H100i something or other but I really don't remember.

Old 03-30-2016, 11:39 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 844786
red-ray Reputation: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detection View Post
See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153706 for how I stopped these silly popups.

I suspect you need to remove the following 3.

Quote:

Last edited by red-ray; 03-30-2016 at 11:44 AM.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:46 PM
Detection's PC Specs

POST ID # = 844793
Detection Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnOrion View Post
CL3 installs 2 other drivers that it doesn't uninstall. Install CL3 again and use IOBit Uninstaller (free program but watch out it tries to install other IOBIT products so make sure you uncheck the additional software every time you see it while running the program) When you run the program do a search for Corsair. It will find 3 items. You will have to select all 3 and then select the "powerful scan" option ... during the uninstall it will try to restart your computer a couple of times ... just say no to restarting until all 3 items are gone and the powerful scan ran with all the entries it finds deleted. Once you have removed all 3 Corsair items it will install CL4.

I don't remember what the items were called in CL3 but if you want to know you can check back on the discussions of the previous version .. the first version of CL4 i think .. I posted in the discussion the 3 items CL3 installs that needs to be removed. In CL4 they are called Corsair Link4, Corsair Link USB Dongle and Windows Driver Package Corasir Components.

I believe the CL3 had Corsair Link 3, Corsair Link USB Dongle and H100i something or other but I really don't remember.
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153706 for how I stopped these silly popups.

I suspect you need to remove the following 3.
Thanks guys, appreciate it, I`ll give this a shot and get back to you

What a PITA this program is, it has never ever 'just worked', ever

I could have learned to code from scratch and released a better effort by now

Old 03-31-2016, 02:28 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 844972
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Thanks for your comments everyone. Link v4.2.2.27 has been released.

The new discussion thread is located here: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157594

This thread is now closed.

Closed Thread