Corsair Community

Nova V128 Reset Port Error

FoxMcClaud

Hi Guys,

I need help with my Nova V128 SSD. I bought it recently (Nov last year i think) to replace a faulty HDD (bad sectors) and put Win 7 X64 Pro on it. It worked great until a few days.

First I got some BSOD, but after rebooting, everything was working again. This happened 3-4 times.

Then I got a Reset Port Error, from the Bios, that I could solve by unplugging the Power Cord from the wall and cold booting it.

This helped for about 2-3 times, but now this happens:

Cold Boot, V128 is recognized, but when the bios is finished loading and windows should load, I get a black screen. I reboot (ctrl alt del) and the Drive is not regonized by the bios anymore (reset port error).

I tried changing the sata cable, changing the sata port, unplugging all the other hdds from power supply, but the same problem persists.

I searched and found a few similar problems, but there seems to be no answer, that helps me, as i tried already cold boot and unplugging the power cord, changing the sata port etc.

I tried a different SSD (the force F60) and it seems to be recognized, even with ctrl alt del.

So the problem seems to be really the V128.

Is RMA the only way? are there any tipps left i could try? Could I get the data on there some way ? (I know Backup and all, but I'm sure there are things on that SSD that i havent regularly backed up)...

The Mainboard is a OEM MSI 7502. The PC is a MEDION AKOYA MD 8833. (Yeah, I know OEM PC, but that doesnt justify loosing data...)

The Power Supply is new (bought it with the V128) and I had no other problems with the Medion yet, just a faulty HDD and now the V128.

If there are more info's u need, I will try to get them ;) And yes, I know a bit of PC's so you can be technical if you like...

Thanks

Hi Ram Guy,

is there any other way? I tried an USB Sata Adapter and under Win7 I can see the SSD, when I click on it, I see some data and then it hangs... I tried everything, to access the data I see, but I always hangs and I have to pull out the USB.

Unter Mac OSX I can't mount the NTFS SSD, as it says it was not properly ejected (3G-NTFS).

I also can't access it thought my unix NAS over Lan, it can't mount the disc...

Is all Data lost? will i just get an replacement?

How can I continue to buy Corsair SSD Products, when they seem unreliable? I bought also a new F60 SSD, but now I think, Corsair is really not a good choice with SSD. I mean after a few month a total dataloss? Maybe I will sell the two SSDs and go another route...

I hope you can give me some good news...

Cheers

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but all we can offer is to replace the drive, and we have always suggested strongly to backup any data on any drive and have suggested using software like Acronis drive image as its easy to use and create auto backups.

I am sorry but all we can offer is to replace the drive, and we have always suggested strongly to backup any data on any drive and have suggested using software like Acronis drive image as its easy to use and create auto backups.

Well great idea, can u give me a license?

I know it's not ur fault, but the Corsair SSD Products seem to be really unreliable. I will spread the word and tell everyone to avoid those, if they want to save data and save time and work...

• Corsair Employee

FoxMcClaud,

I am sorry but no you would want to contact that software vendor, and while I understand how you may feel, most do not have problems, we are selling a large volume of SSD drives and there are less that 5% of the products purchased that have some question or problem and less than 2% of what is sold comes back in the form of an RMA. I understand that may not mean anything to you but as a whole I do not see any other manufacturer having any better results than us with our products. I am sorry that you may have had a problem and will be happy to help try and resolve what ever the problem may be. But backing up your data is really not something that we could be responsible for so I am a little concerned by your statements.

Just to be clear: I have backuped up, all important data on a NAS and in a cloud, but thats not the point... I have 4 PC's in my household, and I would have bought SSDs for all of them, but as Corsairs Products seem unreliable, I will choose other Hardware Manufactures... a HHD Crash on a new SSD is time consuming, it's annoying...

• 2 weeks later...
FoxMcClaud,

I am sorry but no you would want to contact that software vendor, and while I understand how you may feel, most do not have problems, we are selling a large volume of SSD drives and there are less that 5% of the products purchased that have some question or problem and less than 2% of what is sold comes back in the form of an RMA. I understand that may not mean anything to you but as a whole I do not see any other manufacturer having any better results than us with our products. I am sorry that you may have had a problem and will be happy to help try and resolve what ever the problem may be. But backing up your data is really not something that we could be responsible for so I am a little concerned by your statements.

I have had 2 corsair drives. One lasted a solid 11-12 months, the other one lasted about 5 days. So what percent of the 2% am I?

Don't get me wrong, I love corsair product. They are in my top 3 (corsair, ******** and EVGA are all my favs..)

But either the technology is still too new to be sold to retail clients or Corsair is doing something wrong.

Yeah, so I'm currently reinstalling my system on the spare F60 i had, but not without a real fuzzy feeling... I will back up every week, as I have lost faith in the corsair SSDs, maybe all SSDs...

Nice to hear I'm not the only one with those problems, they seem widespread, may it be corsair or SSDs in general... Those recognition problems are really a bugger, as i can still see the data for a splitsecond, before it gets ejected... This still bugs me.

Does Corsair refund your postage costs to the netherlands? If I'm not mistaken, products over 40 Euro's get the postage refunded in the EU. If not, the Nova V128 goes back to Amazon, they refund the postage and handle it hassle free...

With 3 out 3 R60 Drives having recognition and data corruption problems what part of the percent am I also?

I want to believe that only a small percent of people are having problems and I would have too but to have 2 out of 2 drives fail I feel like maybe they aren't telling us the whole truth. I would not be surprised it if was more along the lines of a 20% failure rate. All I want is a fast drive that works. I understand that I am an "early adopter" and that there may be problems.. but should those problems be ironed out by now? I absolutely hated my 780i motherboard when it came out since it over heated so much, but once I got my 790i it was smooth sailing. I wasn't that frustrated when my x128 failed, but the nova is the replacement drive for that isn't it? Why haven't these problems been fixed? If one out of every 5 drives fail, you guys can't be making much money on these drives... lets try to get it right, so your profit goes up and I have a fast and reliable notebook.

• Corsair Employee

benefit14snake

This Quote bellow was posted previously but it does apply to this thread as well.

HanSolo71

Did you start your own thread and provide the system information and drive lot codes to us?

Some systems may not support SSD's or specifically SSD's using Sanforce controllers and there is not a lot we can do to force them to update. But if the drive is working with out problems in another system then its likely not the drive. And you may have to wait for the next firmware release or a BIOS release from the Mother Board Manufacturer.

Archived