Corsair Community

Corsair icue Cpu fans only showing 2 is this correct?

CerebuZ

Hello not sure if it's the right place to post

because i couldn't find any place with exact titles on problems discussions or so on

But my case being as i'm not familiar with Icue i recently changed from Link but is it normal for my 2080ti strix to show only 2 fans in icue?

i know in Link it only shows fan and that's it

ICUE.thumb.png.fd1e13abebb88f3e497b11613ac5d1f4.png

Edited by CerebuZ

That's a good question and we probably need other people with triple fan GPUs to verify. However, since you don't have independent control over the three GPU fans, if one is running speed X, then they all should be running speed the same speed.

Looking at your iCUE dashboard I noticed a few other things. Your pump is in Quiet mode right now. For sitting on the desktop that is OK. However, even there you may run several degrees warmer than you would on balanced, which then starts you at a mild penalty when you transition to a load scenario. Unless the pump is bothering you, I usually suggest most people put it on balanced (2160 rpm) and leave it. Then you never need to change it. In the Quiet state, you will have to micro-manage across various usage scenarios.

I am going to assume you put the two radiator fans on the Commander Pro. This physically works or could even be necessary if they are DC 3 pin fans. However, if you were to lose software control (reboot, crash, BIOS, manual exit, etc), those fans won't know what to do. The H100i Pro's fan controller works from the native temp control source (coolant temperature or H100i Pro Temp). It will protect itself at all times, software running or not. That also frees up Commander Pro headers for other uses, if any. It does move the fan control from the Commander back to the H100i Pro tab, but then you probably want independent control over radiator fans vs standard case airflow fans.

This probably belongs in the iCUE section of the main forum. This Gaming area is a bit of a lonely corner. I am not sure how much traffic you will see. Perhaps an admin can relocate it to make it more visible to others.

Thank you for the feedback c-attack

uhm yes regarding LINK it only shows fan & temp but in icue only 2x fans although i'm monitoring everything in Hwinfo64 and nothing seems out of the ordinary

yeah i got all 6 LL series fans hooked up & synced to the commander pro

but regarding the radiator AIO this maybe a bit weird not sure how many do this but a friend recommended me to use a fanplug/molex that is supplying constant +12V DC to the aio instead of connecting it straight to the motherboard aio/fanheader that's why it's not showing up in the icue not sure if that is the best way or not but yeah i will keep the 100i pro in balanced mode thank you

The H100i Pro is showing because you have connected the USB 2 from it to the motherboard. That is the more critical element to ensure you have control. The 2 pin plug coming off the pump is a "dummy lead" that will report the pump speed to the BIOS to prevent the classic CPU Boot Error when nothing is on CPU_Fan. iCUE will still report the pump speed to its software if the USB 2 is in place. The H100i Pro is SATA powered, so that should be on a direct line from the PSU. Occasionally someone has an issue with a Molex->SATA connector that drops a necessary voltage rail.

I don't see any hardware on your list that requires Link. iCUE was the merger of Link and CUE 2 for peripherals, so Link is just extra baggage and a disabled baggage at that. You can uninstall it or set it not to run on start-up if you think you might drop iCUE and go back to running two separate programs for internal and external devices.

I'll see if I can get you moved into the iCUE section and perhaps someone else with a triple fan GPU can comment on whether all three are shown.