Corsair Community

Hydro X Temps

Okay, been running the corsair hydro x for about a week now. One thing I have noticed is my idle temps for my CPU hover between 40-50 and when i game, never srupasses 55. Now, when I installed the cpu block, i used the default thermal compound was preappliesd. I do intend on removing the cpu block and applying some noctua compound and see if that helps. I am running a 7700k delidded. I'd like to think once I apply the noctua compound, I should tell a difference. As mentioned, im never breaking 55 in all my games ive played, but the fact i was getting cooler idle temps with an AIO has me scratching my head. And I used pre applied compound on AIO as well. Suggestions and thoughts appreciated, thanks in advance.

Well brother, Im not seeing anything that says "vcore" or core voltage, and where VID is on CPU-z is where core voltage used to be. Also, not seeing Vcore on HWinfo64 either. The VID is what Intel rates the chip at for stock speed. It's what your motherboard uses to know what core voltage to set. It's pretty much the stock voltage of the chip. Vcore and core Voltage are the same thing and are the actual voltage the chip is recieving. This is what i have always understood Edited by creed0330