Corsair Community

The Official Corsair Carbide 540 AIR Owners and Builds Thread

Hi guys, i dont have any pic (but will post), but i have a question. I have a small air compressor and a pistol (use then to paint some BAJA cars that we make in university), so i thought tha might be a good idea paint my Air 540. But PU automotive really sticks in the plastic part of the case? This paint have a good finish? My idea is paint the interior with orange ( a vivid one) and the exterior with matte black, and the fan grills with orange to.

Thx guys

If you're asking if automotive paint will stick to plastic parts, that depends on the type of paint and it's chemical make-up. If you have the original container the product came in, it should list what the paint will adhere to.

If not, check the manufacturers website with the paint's specific code/skew. If you want to know about the quality of the finish on the case, you'll have to do a test to find out -- unless you can find someone who's used the exact same product you're using.

If that doesn't help you (or you don't have that information), you might be better off just going to Home Depot and buying paint that matches the color scheme for the plastic parts.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx Carolyn, ill make some tests (saw some products that are applied before the painting, in plastic surfaces, maybe ill try then).

But to paint the metallic part, u guys did something, like apply primer, or sanding? or i can go straight to paint?

thx again

• 1 month later...
Corsair 540 air front cooler fan lights are not glowing?

I checked all connections. No use. where might it went wrong?

Not all the 540 cases have led fans (I know the white cases come with led fans, don't believe the black ones do, not sure about the silver cases). So, first check to see if you actually got led fans with the case. If you didn't, that's your answer. If they are led fans and the fans work (just the leds are on the fritz), call Corsair. If the fan isn't working at all, try plugging it into another connector to determine if it is a faulty fan or a faulty connection. If it's a bad fan, again, call Corsair.

• 3 weeks later...

Couple of pics,Acrylic tubes then fancied a change and went with Chrome tubes.

http://i.imgur.com/2lt5BwCl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PGm7BLIl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DvHdYnNl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VNj77vYl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tmmqblTl.jpg

Thanks for looking :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

My new build arrived the other day, seen some wonderful builds in this thread and thought I'd share mine.

12434740_1061811203841088_467903145_n.jpg?oh=f9876438e70166592b9d214599ae5301&oe=567EAEB3

Specs:

Corsair Carbide Air 540

I7-6700k (overclocked to 4.6GHZ, couldn't get 4.7ghz stable below 1.44v)

H110i GT

Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB 2666MHz

MSI Z170a Krait

No graphics card as of yet but hopefully around the 4th of January I'll have a nice 980 ti. In the mean time I've been having fun ocing my new skylake processor, got it to run at 4.7ghz for a few tests and scored 1022 in cinebench r15 but couldnt get it stable at what I would consider acceptable voltages but temperature was never an issue haha, thing doesn't go a touch over 55*c even at 1.45v.

Still got a ways to go with a GPU and lightning needing to be done as well as some mechanical drives to fill the slots at the bottom but this case was a dream to build in, so god damn nice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm upgrading and remembered this forum when searching info about the ram I ordered.

Current pic:

http://i.imgur.com/XoLKqpQ.jpg

Upgrading my I7 980 and Rampage III Extreme to an I7 5820k and MSI Godlike Gaming, plus 4x8 Gb vengeance red 3600 Mhz ram, and a H110i GT cooler. I also have a Corsair K70 red keyboard.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Could anyone recommend a fan controller/fan setup?

I'm gonna be using my H80iGT (2x 120) as the rear exhaust fan, 3 120s in front, and 2 140s on the top. My mobo only has 4x 4pin connectors, can I just use a Y splitter for 2 of my fans and be fine? Would like to find a nice fan controller for it, but it's difficult to find something that looks good with the vertical bays.

Check out corsairs commander mini. I like mine a lot. Always playing with it. And it controls my fans, LEDs,H100i,and my corsair power supply.

I like it, but I'm looking for something to go in my 5.25 bay. I guess I should also mention, I'm using the white case, I wonder how a black drive would look there? I'm gonna use the NZXT HUE, and the black mesh in front of the fans would kind of look okay?

Well sure it would look great. That's the beauty of doing it yourself. You create what you want. I chose to stay with corsair because I'm biased. NZXT HUE+ is the way to go though. I like software control better than hardware control.

• 3 weeks later...
Nice what lighting did you go with

Thanks...Its a commander mini and four Corsair Link RGB strips.

Now that I have the strips stuck on there I kinda wish I would have went with

a different set up that was magnetic...I think there is such a thing...oh well.

Yours looks really good...I like all the red matching parts.