Corsair Community

Daisy Chaining Two CoPros

BriSC

I'm running 10 LL120 RBG fans in my case. I had read you could daisy chain two Commander Pros so I selfishly bought two. My only concern was the power situation. I have six fans plugged into the first CoPro with both RBG Fan Led Hubs plugged into it as well. The other CoPro has the other four fans. Will this require any additional power for the second Commander Pro?

The second commander will need its own SATA power line anyway. The USB is just data back to the motherboard. I have done this at times and there is no reason you can't run 2 Commanders. However, where most people are heading now is to PWM powered hubs which are less expensive. It will need its own power source as well, but you can then tie that 6 fan hub (or whatever number) into 1 single PWM header on the Commander. The downside is all of those fans will run the same speed. The two Commanders could be beneficial if you need a lot of independent fan control for each.

The other thing is the number of RGB channels. Each Commander has 2. If you have 10 LL, then you are using 2 RGB Lighting hubs, each taking 1 channel. Thus if you wanted to add more things like RGB strips, Hydro X lighting, or something else that needs its own channel, then the 2nd Commander provides 2 more and has another benefit.