Corsair Community

My review on VIOD vs H2100's

ILSMKU

Ok, so I have literally tried almost every headset on the market. I purchased the VOIDs in hopes they would be better than my H2100's (which are perfectly fine, but I liked the new design) and sadly IMO they are not. Heres why...

Mute button on the VIOD in a pain in the ***. What happened to being able to just flip the mic up to mute it? That would have been a MUCH better solution if you ask me. The H2100's offer this and the emergency mute swipe the mic up is very handy.

The headset does NOT automatically turn off if you leave your pc for an extended period of time, of if you turn off your pc and leave. Leaving in a rush happens sometimes. Why would Corsair NOT include auto shut down? Again the H2100's offer this.

The software is very confusing to navigate and clunky to input. The H2100's software is way nicer and easier to navigate.

I dont think foot steps (yes I tried EQ settings) in games are as loud as they were with H2100's

I think the H2100's have deeper harder hitting BASS too.

The LED's dont really display white. Its more of a pinkish white.

I think the velvet on the 2100's is more comfortable than the mesh like material on the VOIDs

My VIODs are going back and I suggest you guys stick with H2100's if you are on the fence about upgrading. IMO the H2100's color scheme and overall user experience is much better.

Just my 2cents.

PS: I will say I liked the comfort, the design and the larger ear pad VERY much. That they nailed!

• 2 weeks later...
I've been wanting a new "7.1" Hard Bass Gaming Headset and we all know how hard that is to get the right one worth buying, :sigh!: one always has better feature than the other :sigh!:. Now I'm glad I spent about half hour reading all the thread about the VOID and that ain't looking pretty :mad:...Their strategic marketing and advertising make anything look fantastic. I thank each and everyone one of you guys for the true hands on feedback with this VOID Gaming Headset, which I probably wont be getting after all. The saga continues...

Well, I don't mind an auto shutoff feature IF you allow me to disable it as well. I freakin hate auto shutoff. I had the Astro A50's and they shut off every few minutes of no sound. Drove me crazy, because I'd go to take a pee and come back, put on my headset, and I hear doodle do noise of it shutting down.

So if you can set this in CUE to allow the user to say whether that feature is on or off, and possibly let them select the amount of time it goes off. I may use it if it allows me to set the time limit, but if it's just going to be an on or off.. I'm turning it off. I'm responsible enough to remember to turn my stuff off when I am done.

• 2 years later...

Archived