Corsair Community

Need help with RGB set-up of first build!

Kasuka3497

Hello everyone!

This is my first post to the forum and also about my first ever build sometime this year hopefully!

So, the parts of the build are generally the following:

Case: ASUS TUF GT-501

MOBO: ASUS TUF GAMING PLUS X-570 WIFI

CPU: RYZEN 5 3600X

GPU: SAPPHIRE NITRO + RX5700XT

PSU: CORSAIR RM750X

CPU COOLER: CORSAIR H150i PRO

3 SSDs

1 M.2

6 ML120 PRO RGB fans (2× 3-pack w/node)

1 ML140 PRO RGB fan (1× 2-pack w/node)

2× Corsair Lighting strips

1× Commander Pro

So...

My major confusion is setting up the RGB so everything is controlled and synced. I know the general layout of how a commander pro is setup.... I know that iCue now can sync up with Aura Sync of specific MOBO (my choice is included in that list) and also I want to connect my GPU with the pin header of the GPU to the MOBO so even that lighting is synced.

The layout of fans is that 3 ML120 RGB Pros will be at the front, with the radiator and will replace the original AIO radiator fans as intake. The other 3 will go on the top as exhaust.

There will be 1 ML140 RGB pro fan as the exhaust on the back.

So I need help on how I would connect all this?

A schematic on how to connect would be greatly appreciated?

Hi buddy..

have you read the RGB faq?

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

and to make you aware.. you know iCUE will not control the GPU RGB right?

to add.. Re the 2 led strips? they are not these are they?

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/iCUE-CONTROLLERS/CORSAIR-Link-RGB-LED-Lighting-Kit/p/CL-8930001

as those are the older version and not compatible

Edited by Zotty

Hi buddy..

have you read the RGB faq?

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

and to make you aware.. you know iCUE will not control the GPU RGB right?

to add.. Re the 2 led strips? they are not these are they?

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/iCUE-CONTROLLERS/CORSAIR-Link-RGB-LED-Lighting-Kit/p/CL-8930001

as those are the older version and not compatible

OH yeah.... I know iCue won't control that but I can use the MOBO to control my GPU if I use the header right? Or should I just download the GPU software and use that instead of adding a useless cable?

And I think I have those Led strips.... 😓

I got my case and some cable management items early on.... Got the strips too.... 😭

Knocked this up for you to give you a general idea of how you could do it.

http://i.imgur.com/MC1rDLYl.png

Question kind sir...

The three PWM control you have added to the Commander Pro.... Wouldn't the 3 fans that replace the AIOs stock fans be using the splitter that came with those fans and be controlled by a single PWM header? Since I will replace the stock ML of the AIO and use the ML 120 RGB. So there will be 3 PWM headers from top case fans to plug into Commander pro, one PWM header from the 3 fans that went with AIO and are using the splitter that came with the stock AIO fans, and one PWM from the back 140 fan? That's 5 PWM headers into commander pro?

Also, I can plug in the AIO on the USB header of the commander pro too right? Would that control PUMP RGB too?

Edited by Kasuka3497

hi bud,, yes you would want the AIO to control the speeds of its own fans.. but as you didnt state you was replacing the AIO fans in your first post i didnt wire it up like that, i can only follow what i am given ;)..

its always best to have the AIO control its fans as this ensures correct opration of your cooling system regardless of other software/hardware...

Edited by Zotty

hi bud,, yes you would want the AIO to control the speeds of its own fans.. but as you didnt state you was replacing the AIO fans in your first post i didnt wire it up like that, i can only follow what i am given ;)..

its always best to have the AIO control its fans as this ensures correct opration of your cooling system regardless of other software/hardware...

I am sorry.... I thought I did mention in the first post that 3 of the 120s would be at front with radiator and will replace original AIO fans.... I should have been clearer.

So with that arrangement... How would I connect everything up?

hi bud..you did lol. my bad and i must have missed the it at the time..... easy enough... just take those 3 fans PWM connections off of the commander Pro and put them on your AIO ;) Edited by Zotty

• 2 weeks later...
should work fine.... should..... but just making you aware of the downsides.....

Sooooo....

I decided to pick at your brain again.

I was trying to draw a schematic like you did.... But I had a ton of trouble. I was thinking of just throwing one together and asking you what you thought....but it gets very messy without the pics used in most of these. Is there any source I can use to add the pictures of stuff like the hub and fans and AIO etc?

Skne stuff changed in my build and I wanna confirm if what I suspect is right...