Corsair Community

K70 black keycaps allignment issue

pordonmesir

My retailer said they couldn't replace as it wasn't faulty. I argued that it was a cosmetic fault and when I'm paying upwards of £100 for this I'd expect it to be right. They would give me a refund though.

Before I left the store I had a look at some of the other K70's that were on display. They didn't seem to be as pronounced as mine but they all exhibited variations in the letter etchings. The most noticeable key being the < key which is much lower than the > key. Compare Delete and End in the middle block. The whole qwerty line varies up and down over the entire row.

Is there anyone who has any knowledge of the laser etching process and can comment on how accurate it is?

You must have gotten a hold of an old one somewhere. That was something that was found on the very first batch of KB's and was corrected shortly afterwards. If your reseller will not do anything to replace it for you, please use the link on the left to request an RMA

Or you could even point them in the direction of this thread and we can confirm the KB's can be replaced under warranty for this issue..

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I got mine refunded, but it leaves me in a position where I still want to buy one but am concerned that I might get another that was slightly off. I noticed on quite a few of the display models at my retailer that there were inconsistencies on those ones. Not as pronounced as on mine but it was still there.

It is interesting that no-one else has even commented to say either " no mine are good" or "I have a few keys where it is like you mention, but it hasn't bothered me to do anything about it"

What I should have done was to take a photo of my kb to upload here, then people could have commented on the alignment.

I am getting the feeling that the retailer I bought them from is perhaps selling slight seconds?

To re-iterate, the greaterthan and lessthan keys were the ones that were most noticeably out of alignment on all the keyboards on display, as were the delete and end key in the middle block.

Is there a serial batch which is free from these defects, so I can check this against the ones that my retailer has offered?

Thank you for your input.

Archived