Corsair Community

Zotty's CORSAIR RGB Hardware and iCUE Eco-System FAQ

Zotty

From what I can think of on top of my heads, I will need to use both Commander Pro and Commander Core, including one or two RGB Fan LED Hubs, but I think I may need another Commander Pro? List of parts are below:

Hi buddy..

yes spot on.. would use the Commander Core and the Commander Pro

6 fans on one and 4 fans on the other... would only need a single RGB Fan LED Hub on the Commander Pro,, this would leave you with an RGB channel for some Strips

Hi buddy..

yes spot on.. would use the Commander Core and the Commander Pro

6 fans on one and 4 fans on the other... would only need a single RGB Fan LED Hub on the Commander Pro,, this would leave you with an RGB channel for some Strips

Thanks for getting back to me, that helps a lot!

Could I connect the Commander Core into the Commander Pro USB Hub? I know I can connect the HX1000i into it as I did that with my previous build, just unsure on the Commander Core.

Hi Zotty,

Thank you for all you do!

I have a Lian Li o11 Dynamic XL case.

This is what I plan on purchasing, but please, if you recommend something else, please do. (10 total fans)

(1) Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix Liquid CPU Cooler (total 3 fans)

(2) Corsair LL Series LL120 RGB 120mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan 3 Fan Pack with Lighting Node Pro (total 6 fans)

(1) Corsair LL Series LL120 RGB 120mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan Single Pack (total 1 fan)

(1) ?? iCUE Commander PRO Smart RGB Lighting and Fan Speed Controller (CL-9011110-WW) (Do I need this?)

Zotty, I know you are very busy, thank you for any help you can provide so I don't order the wrong parts. Any guidance on hooking up these 10 fans is appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom

hey bud...

well everything you have listed is correct and you dont need anything else.

10 fans in total.

6 fans on the H150i Elite

4 fans on the Commander Pro. (will also need to use the RGB Fan LED hub supplied in one of the triple packs) and you are good to go man

job done :)

hey bud...

10 fans in total.

4 fans on the Commander Pro. (will also need to use the RGB Fan LED hub supplied in one of the triple packs) and you are good to go man

Thanks! Appreciated!

hey bud...

well everything you have listed is correct and you don't need anything else.

10 fans in total.

Hi Zotty, you wouldn't happen to have a diagram already made for a 10 fan setup with the modules I have?

In my head I'm struggling a little with connecting the modules together?

I ordered everything and will be in my hands tomorrow.

So, here is what I have

One Commander CORE, (came with the H150 Elite)

One Commander Pro (ordered separately)

Two Lighting Node Pro's (Came with fan 3-packs, you suggest only use one of these)

Thank you!

Tom

Hi Zotty,

I have read through the forum but am still confused :(

I am planning to upgrade my PC soon and want to get the RGB side of things correct.

I will have the Corsair 500D SE case with three LL 120 fans in the front. I will be fitting the H100i Platinum cooler at the top as an exhaust and changing the 120mm ML fans out for LL fans and then fitting a 120mm LL fan in the rear of the case as an exhaust - so 6 120mm LL fans in total.

I want to run 4 RGB lighting strips round the front of the case and then using the extension cables run another 4 RGB lighting strips along the back of my desk.

So in total there will be 6 120mm LL fans and two separate daisy-chained lighting strips each containing 4 strips (8 strips in total.)

What would be the ideal way to connect all that up? I will be using the Commander Pro but am unsure what else I need or exactly how to connect it all up. A diagram would be much appreciated.

@Zotty

Thank you.

Frosty

Hi buddy..

you would get every thing you needed with the fans and Commander Pro and indeed the case providing the extra 3 fans you buy are a triple pack. this would give you a lighting node pro to run both sets of 4 strips from..

you run run the 6 LL fans RGB from the Commander pro.... and the 4 fans not on the H100 would also run to the Commander Pro (3 front and back)

500d Faq here

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=182614

Hi buddy..

you would get every thing you needed with the fans and Commander Pro and indeed the case providing the extra 3 fans you buy are a triple pack. this would give you a lighting node pro to run both sets of 4 strips from..

you run run the 6 LL fans RGB from the Commander pro.... and the 4 fans not on the H100 would also run to the Commander Pro (3 front and back)

500d Faq here

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=182614

Thank you for the quick reply, Zotty. I should be fine now.

hey bud...

10 fans in total.

Hey Zotty, Got all my stuff, and all wired together! I can't try it out yet, waiting for my power supply.

One quick question please if you don't mind. Do I link the Commander Pro and the RGB Fan LED hub together with the supplied cable?

And, the Commander Core stays separate, other than USB etc...

Thanks,

Tom

Edited by Tom899

Hey Zotty, Got all my stuff, and all wired together! I can't try it out yet, waiting for my power supply.

One quick question please if you don't mind. Do I link the Commander Pro and the RGB Fan LED hub together with the supplied cable?

And, the Commander Core stays separate, other than USB etc...

Thanks,

Tom

Yes, you are going to have to. The Fan Hub only distributes the data and power; it doesn't generate any data for the LEDs. So ... connect to the Commander Pro and configure the CoPro's channel to get everything to light up.

Yes, you are going to have to. The Fan Hub only distributes the data and power; it doesn't generate any data for the LEDs. So ... connect to the Commander Pro and configure the CoPro's channel to get everything to light up.

Thank you! Appreciated!

Tom

Hello

It is my first post on group so firstly i want say sorry for my bad English. I hope you will forgive me and what is more important understand.

My name is Arek i came from Poland. I'm old dated (1981) so i remember computers 486 SX latar DX 2 and 4 etc... i can talk 24/h about old school pc, but I'm here for other reason.

I ordered new pc for my son, he likes RGB so i ordered as fallow:

MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK

16GB (2x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance RGB PRO Black

PHANTEKS - Eclipse P600S E-ATX Mid-Tower PC Case - Black

+

3 x FRONT Corsair LL140 RGB

1 x BACK Corsair ML140 RGB

TOP - Corsair Hydro Series H115i RGB PLATINUM

+

Corsair Commander PRO

CORSAIR RGB Fan LED Hub

Can any of you can help me and explain the best configuration. I read that i should not mix LL with ML ?,

How i can wire this properly ?

Can i connect all 6 fan to one HUB ? , or better H115i connect like manual telling. 3 x FRONT LL140 for HUB, but where i connect 1 x ML140 ?

Maybe i need order second HUB ?

Please be so polite and help old man.

Thank you.

EDIT: Big nevermind, with my thanks. Found my answer elsewhere. I'll preserve it here in case there's any value to somebody else, or I'm happy to nuke it off to keep the thread clean.

Answer here: https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1004708&postcount=4 DO NOT Hotswap RGB connections.

Hey Zotty or Devbiker quick question I hope will be easy:

(Note: I did read in the faq: "Do Not Hot Swap Fans and Strips into the Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro while Your system is powered up." I just don't know if that also applies to the RGB Hub. I'm assuming so, but checking)

I'm diagnosing some lighting weirdness that's crept in, trying to determind if one of my LL140s has gone rotten in terms of passing signals down the chain to others strung off the same RGB hub.

Are the fan RGB connections into the RGB hub safe to plug/unplug "hot" with the system up, or am I looking at a long series of powerdowns and powerups to do some sequence juggling and testing to isolate what may be bad?

Thanks buds.

Edit: Oh heck some details while I'm at it.

I have 3 CoPros loaded with fans (9 LL120 and 6 LL140 in total with the 1000D chassis lights and 6 RGB strips total).

The 1000D Copro is serving the RGB strips on Lighting Channel 1 - everything working fine. It's also serving 6xLL140 on Lighting Channel 2. Up until recently everything fine.

Recently (within the last two updates of iCue anyhow is when I noticed), the 6xLL140 on channel 2 are weird in lighting. They can do solid white fine, but anything else, only the first fan obeys and the rest do other things - most often the spiral rainbow puke, but sometimes just wrong colors. Consistently for fan 2-6. This makes me think Fan 1 isn't passing signals down the pipe properly, and is the theory I want to test by reordering. The weird thing is that if I set Fan 1 to no RGB and pass colors direct to 2-6 things mostly work okay, though with some lag. Similarly if I drag-select a strip of lights rather than the whole set of fans all together. I still think this points to a bad Fan 1, but again that's what I want to eliminate conclusively before I tear apart the 1000D to get at the fan, which is inconveniently buried in a push-pull on the top rad tray. I have already swapped out the RGB hub with no improvement (eliminating the hub contribution and also any "loose" connections to the hub or hub to Copro), so it's down to the fan(s) or else god forbid the 1000D Copro itself. I've already flashed the Copro just for giggles.

I had been blaming the new iCue since simultaneously those were also driving CPU hard, but now I'm convinced it's a hardware fail.

Followup: yep. Fan 1 is pooched. Swapped 1 and 3 on the RGB hub, new ordering 3-2-1-4-5-6. Signals get as far as 1 and no further. That's gonna be a @(%@(#*$& to get out and replace, but at least I've got an answer that is easier to swallow than a whole copro gone.

Edited by Zone55555

Any of you can answer please.. i just don't know what to do.

Hello

It is my first post on group so firstly i want say sorry for my bad English. I hope you will forgive me and what is more important understand.

My name is Arek i came from Poland. I'm old dated (1981) so i remember computers 486 SX latar DX 2 and 4 etc... i can talk 24/h about old school pc, but I'm here for other reason.

MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK

+

+

Corsair Commander PRO

CORSAIR RGB Fan LED Hub

Can any of you can help me and explain the best configuration. I read that i should not mix LL with ML ?,

Can i connect all 6 fan to one HUB ? , or better H115i connect like manual telling. 3 x FRONT LL140 for HUB, but where i connect 1 x ML140 ?

Thank you.

I decidet send back for refund Corsair Commander PRO and

CORSAIR RGB Fan LED Hub.

I ordered 2pack LL140mm rgb (included HUB +Lighting Node PRO.

So now i will have 6 x LL140mm RGB (3 FRONT intake), (2 mounted on H115i) and (1x BACK)

Only one question now. All 6 FAN connect to HUB or 2 FAN installed on H115i connect like manual from H115 telling ?

Hello

MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK

+

+

Corsair Commander PRO

CORSAIR RGB Fan LED Hub

Thank you.

run all 6 fans RGB on the same hub, this will allow the RGB to sync as desired...but power your radiators fans from the h115i (make them spin).. this ensures correct operation of your cooling system regardless of other hardware/software and indeed OS....

run all 6 fans RGB on the same hub, this will allow the RGB to sync as desired...but power your radiators fans from the h115i (make them spin).. this ensures correct operation of your cooling system regardless of other hardware/software and indeed OS....

Thank you so much for answer.

Do i need as well commander pro ? If yes what benefit i will have ? If any ?

Or for my setup is enough Lighting Node + hub ?

If i use only Lighting Node + hub. 2 x LL140mm RGB fan will be connected to H115i power so i understand the h115 will be control speed of the fan depending on the temp.

But what will control speed rest 4x fan LL140mm RGB ??

Can i control speed without commander pro ?

Without the CoPro, you'd need to use the fan headers on your motherboard to control the speed of the fans.

So without CoPro all 4 fan must be connected separate to the motherboard. So i need 4 fan headers on mobo ?.

Im so sorry probably all my question are very noob.

Can i find somewhere any diagram how i must connect with CoPro and without ?

What you will suggest ? keep CoPro ?

You can use splitters or a PWM hub but ... those will still need to be connected to the motherboard or some other controller. You'd have to do that even if you didn't have Corsair fans - the fans need power to spin the blades from somewhere. Without a Commander Pro, that's usually the motherboard.

Personally, I'd keep the CoPro. I'm a big fan of it and have (at least) one in all of my builds.

You can use splitters or a PWM hub but ... those will still need to be connected to the motherboard or some other controller. You'd have to do that even if you didn't have Corsair fans - the fans need power to spin the blades from somewhere. Without a Commander Pro, that's usually the motherboard.

Personally, I'd keep the CoPro. I'm a big fan of it and have (at least) one in all of my builds.

Thank you for all your HELP. I will keep CoPro. Now i only need to find any diagram how connect all of this.

This diagram is ok for me ? / or i just need to 2 x green line (fan) from h115i connect not to CoPro but to h115i ?, yes ?

s6LvseMh.png

Edited by cyberbol