Corsair Community

Leaking?

TakeMyVCard

Hi, I plan on buying a new rig and water-cooling the CPU, I had a question about leaking and if those who watercool/use AIOs had any experiences in this or those who haven't had a leak, how long has your AIO has been going for.

And also looking for opinions on if a H60 could handle a Ryzen 3700x OCd to 4.0 GHz on all cores?

I used a Corsair 280mm AIO. I was happy in the beginning but 4 years later seemed like the cooling performance dropped and it wasn't keeping my i7 7700K cool and below 100C.

An H60 is adequate but I wouldn't recommend for OC'ing. For an 8 core, I'd go and recommend a 360mm or Loop as I did and some good quality thermal paste.

Leaks are not common on AIO coolers because they are sealed units, never meant to be opened. You can twist and turn them quite a bit in comparison to how custom tubing and parts connect.

A H60 "can handle" a 3700X as can any water cooler. People put 120mm coolers on much heavier power GPU with triple the wattage. However, the smaller your radiator, the more critical fan speed becomes. You would like need to keep that H60's 1 fan going at moderate to fast clip all the time. Your experience would be substantially better if you doubled up to a 240mm size radiator, but I suspect you are asking about 120mm for a reason. Additionally, know that is you plan to use the 120mm in the rear slot and spend a fair amount of time with any kind of GPU load (gaming or rendering), you are moving the GPU's heat through the CPU radiator. That may make the arrangement unsuitable with gaming temps higher than a CPU stress test.